Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Drives: 2011 Silver 2LT/RS
back seat delete for sub

I was wondering if any body on here has deleted their back seats and installed a front facing ported (since you have all the extra space) sub where the seats would have been? ive thought about doing this and would love some insight on what it would look like and ect..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
My son is in 4th grade and every night he has to read for 20mins. He reads aloud to me Camaro 5, Camaro Performance, Motortrend, RC cars, and etc ever night.
RetroXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Why would you want to do that? There is plenty of room in the trunk for subs and you can pull the seat down. I have 2 10" JLs with 600 rms and it is more than plenty loud and mine are rear facing. I wouldn't do it, I like to have passengers in the back if I need it.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
ARTurner92

Drives: 2010 White LS Red Rally Stripes
i got two 12 inch kenwoods in my trunk. i would advise you to do what i did. find a shop that sells the sub boxes, grab 7 or 8, and just try to shove them in your trunk till one fits. i got a fit on a memphis box. theres really no need to delete the backseat when you can find something to fit two twelves in the trunk. unless you wanted something bigger than that. hit me up if you want some pics on what mine looks like
ARTurner92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Maybe the OP likes to carry lots of stuff in the trunk and doesn't have a need for the back seat. Clearly he knows that the trunk is an option, but is asking for input on the using the rear passenger area.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
ARTurner92

Drives: 2010 White LS Red Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Maybe the OP likes to carry lots of stuff in the trunk and doesn't have a need for the back seat. Clearly he knows that the trunk is an option, but is asking for input on the using the rear passenger area.
just suggesting that the trunk might be a better option as opposed to spending the money to take out your back seat and all that
ARTurner92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

to be honest, i never use the backseat, so i thought, since i dont use it at all, i should be able to install a front facing sub thats ported and still have trunk space for clothes and ect..i never carry no more than 1 person with me and never will, so that made the most sense to me
Quote:
My son is in 4th grade and every night he has to read for 20mins. He reads aloud to me Camaro 5, Camaro Performance, Motortrend, RC cars, and etc ever night.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #7
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
Thank you!
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

any advice?
Quote:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
here is link to my electric back seat, car is still under construction..http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater .. here is a link to my latest build if it helps give u some ideas..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=mikes+extreme
Old 08-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I've seen one with 3 (or 4?) W7's that replaced the back seat. I have 2 12 W7 in mine... but my trunk is GONE. I don't see any good reason to get rid of your back seat unless you want to do something to make it unique... to dress it up a little bit for show, or if you want too much equipment for the trunk. I've used my backseat less times than I have fingers, but I still used it. I'd rather it be there "just in case"
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Dude needs room for his clothes lol. Don't hate on his sub setup.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote