Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 08-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
First post...future 1LE owner. Trading up!

I'll be ordering 1LE the second I can :P Trading in the below...RIP

Currently own a white 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged with LSD. Full bolt ons and a tune on stock tiny K04 turbo. 332WHP and 323WTQ

Quick take off vid I had before final tuning long ago:

I've come to convince myself that it's not enough. HA That and FWD just isnt cutting it anymore. Among many others...I've owned a RWD BMW and an AWD built STI..... and FWD just doesnt cut it. I'm hoping I can get the NAV with my order as I've read its avab and read its not until later. :(

Don't really want the leather of the RS but I WANT the bluetooth and the HALOs for sure.

Either way I've heard/seen 13 Aug and 20 Aug as orderable dates. We will see. Glad to be on the forum, some sick cars on here!

Brandon

SUKXOST = suck exhaust :P

Last edited by SUKXOST; 08-12-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: pics added
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
First of all welcome to c5. Also I know you will love the power of the v8. I'm guessing your not going to leave the car stock for long after you get it am I right?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Demon View Post
First of all welcome to c5. Also I know you will love the power of the v8. I'm guessing your not going to leave the car stock for long after you get it am I right?
Something tells me you're very correct good Sir Warranties are for circular saws....not Camaros! :P The better my stocks do the faster I'll order parts :P
Old 08-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Congrats and good luck with your ordering. The RS appearance package includes the halos. If I remember right, bluetooth is standard even on the 1SS which is what I think you're interested in. 2SS is what would come with leather seats. If you don't know already you would probably be looking at a 1SS/RS/1LE. That's definitely the model to get if you're really into performance mods. Welcome to the site.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Congrats and good luck with your ordering. The RS appearance package includes the halos. If I remember right, bluetooth is standard even on the 1SS which is what I think you're interested in. 2SS is what would come with leather seats. If you don't know already you would probably be looking at a 1SS/RS/1LE. That's definitely the model to get if you're really into performance mods. Welcome to the site.
Found this: That's a lot to give up to just not have leather:Camaro SS Coupe – 2SS Equipment Group
Includes Key 1SS Equipment, PLUS:

Boston Acoustics® premium 9-speaker 245-watt audio system
Bluetooth® for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
Cargo convenience net
Driver Information Center (DIC) compass
Four-pack gauges mounted on center console: oil pressure, battery voltage, oil temperature andmtransmission fluid temperature
Inside auto-dimming rearview mirror
Body-color power-adjustable heated mirrors (auto dimming on driver side)
Wireless PDIM (for use of steering-wheel controls with auxiliary device)
Remote vehicle starter system (with automatic transmission)
Leather-appointed front seat trim with SS embroidery
Heated driver and front passenger seats
Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
Universal Home Remote
USB port
Old 08-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Something tells me you're very correct good Sir Warranties are for circular saws....not Camaros! :P The better my stocks do the faster I'll order parts :P
Hell Yea , my SS was at Jannettys with 100 miles on, warranty what warranty
Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Found this: That's a lot to give up to just not have leather:Camaro SS Coupe – 2SS Equipment Group
Includes Key 1SS Equipment, PLUS:

Boston Acoustics® premium 9-speaker 245-watt audio system
Bluetooth® for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
Cargo convenience net
Driver Information Center (DIC) compass
Four-pack gauges mounted on center console: oil pressure, battery voltage, oil temperature andmtransmission fluid temperature
Inside auto-dimming rearview mirror
Body-color power-adjustable heated mirrors (auto dimming on driver side)
Wireless PDIM (for use of steering-wheel controls with auxiliary device)
Remote vehicle starter system (with automatic transmission)
Leather-appointed front seat trim with SS embroidery
Heated driver and front passenger seats
Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
Universal Home Remote
USB port
You're right, you do give up a lot but a good bit of that is old information. This link is the 2013 Camaro brochure and has the most up to date information. A lot of the things on that list are standard on the 1SS now.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237050
Old 08-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Hell Yea , my SS was at Jannettys with 100 miles on, warranty what warranty
Quote:
You're right, you do give up a lot but a good bit of that is old information. This link is the 2013 Camaro brochure and has the most up to date information. A lot of the things on that list are standard on the 1SS now.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237050
1SS looks like a good option then. BUT I WANT the Halos! :P What's the appx price aftermarket to have done?
I might just deal with the leather seats, sell em online and get some custom seats. hmmmm
Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
1SS looks like a good option then. BUT I WANT the Halos! :P What's the appx price aftermarket to have done?
I might just deal with the leather seats, sell em online and get some custom seats. hmmmm
Don't know the prices for aftermarket halos. I haven't seen any that look nearly as good as the GM halos in my opinion. There is a section for everything on this site and plenty of info on those if you go that way. I've heard that if you buy the GM halos later on they're pretty expensive. You interested in the dual mode exhaust? I'm leaning towards a 2SS/1LE and the RS package and NPP exhaust are my must have options.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

I'm with ya bro...beggars cant be choosers....me wants them themz halos!

2SS RS 1LE FTMFW!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

ALMOST bought this one a couple months ago.....575 SC'd HP but the color.....HORK :P Had a couple minor damages too but still.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #12
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Stingray Z51
why pay about $5,000 for the RS package just to get halo's, they make some halo's that look just like the originals, I believe they are made by eagle, or something like that. Go to the lighting section and do a search, it'll pop up.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2ss View Post
why pay about $5,000 for the RS package just to get halo's, they make some halo's that look just like the originals, I believe they are made by eagle, or something like that. Go to the lighting section and do a search, it'll pop up.
RS package is $1500.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #14
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Welcome man!!

By the way this is Staged07SS from CobaltSS.net.

I'm also selling my Cobalt for a 1le.

Looking to purchase in the spring of 2013. I'm going for a Vic Red or Ashen Grey 1SS/1LE with NPP exhaust.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Welcome man!!

By the way this is Staged07SS from CobaltSS.net.

I'm also selling my Cobalt for a 1le.

Looking to purchase in the spring of 2013. I'm going for a Vic Red or Ashen Grey 1SS/1LE with NPP exhaust.
Sweet! I knew I wasnt the only smart one! I'm SUKXOST on css.net as well. LOVE my Cobalt but want RWD again and these 1LE's are gonna be sick!

Why wait for spring? Should be available today or by next week I've read. Stick it out through winter before you buy? I wanna have mine NOW...so by spring it'll have some shit done and ready to rock :P
Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
1LEE

Quote:
Sweet! I knew I wasnt the only smart one! I'm SUKXOST on css.net as well. LOVE my Cobalt but want RWD again and these 1LE's are gonna be sick!

Why wait for spring? Should be available today or by next week I've read. Stick it out through winter before you buy? I wanna have mine NOW...so by spring it'll have some shit done and ready to rock :P
Yeah, I recognized your user name from .net, haha.

Well, I have a couple of reasons....

I just got engaged, built a house, and have been paying extra towards school loans to get them paid off.

I want to enjoy the Cobalt for the rest of this season (up until fall), and will de-mod, and sell it over the winter/early spring.

I don't plan on touching the 1LE other than some cosmetic mods to match the concept, and maybe an intake/drop in filter.

I'm done with the modding game, and just want a nice powerful/track ready car from the factory (the 1LE fits this perfectly), haha.

It's going to be hell waiting (especially once people start posting pics of their 1LE's), but it will be that much better once I pick it up.

I already had custom 1LE badges made for the hood like on the ZL1. I'll post pcis of them once they come in.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 2013 GXH 1SS/1LE 2014 SS sedan
Hey man... I remember you from Cobaltss.net. Welcome to C5 forums. I used to have a silver SS/TC with LSD and a couple of bolt-ons and GMS1....really wanted white but settled for silver.

I have a '12 1SS that I started already converting to my own version of a 1LE before I knew GM was going to release it.( bought it in Oct of '11) Definitely get the RS package and congrats. BTW your cobalt is sick....I tired to buy a few a couple of months ago.....but ended up getting a leftover '12 Malibu as a daily driver...Cobalt SS/TCs are getting hard to find in decent condition, and I'm very impatient.

Last edited by davidcroft; 08-13-2012 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #18
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:

I just got engaged, built a house, and have been paying extra towards school loans to get them paid off.

I want to enjoy the Cobalt for the rest of this season (up until fall), and will de-mod, and sell it over the winter/early spring.

I don't plan on touching the 1LE other than some cosmetic mods to match the concept, and maybe an intake/drop in filter.

I'm done with the modding game, and just want a nice powerful/track ready car from the factory (the 1LE fits this perfectly), haha.

It's going to be hell waiting (especially once people start posting pics of their 1LE's), but it will be that much better once I pick it up.

I already had custom 1LE badges made for the hood like on the ZL1. I'll post pcis of them once they come in.
understood, I'm not that patient....ha Can't wait to see your custom badges! I'll be modding right from the start. Still in infancy stages learning these cars/mods, so I'll carefully research first then it's ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Hey man... I remember you from Cobaltss.net. Welcome to C5 forums. I used to have a silver SS/TC with LSD and a couple of bolt-ons and GMS1....really wanted white but settled for silver.

I have a '12 1SS that I started already converting to my own version of a 1LE before I knew GM was going to release it.( bought it in Oct of '11) Definitely get the RS package and congrats. BTW your cobalt is sick....I tired to buy a few a couple of months ago.....but ended up getting a leftover '12 Malibu as a daily driver...Cobalt SS/TCs are getting hard to find in decent condition, and I'm very impatient.
Sup man! Yeah, people are so jealous of my white TC :P 3 years old and just hit 25K miles too. Silver looks great and stays looking clean forever, but white is just so sick with black accents, I can't pass it up on a 1LE. Yours looks nice, be fun to watch my car progress to what I want :P
Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #19
1LEE

Quote:
understood, I'm not that patient....ha Can't wait to see your custom badges! I'll be modding right from the start. Still in infancy stages learning these cars/mods, so I'll carefully research first then it's ON.
There are lots of helpful members on this site.

I've learned a ton in the month I've been a member.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
Lgndryhr
Camaro for Life

Drives: Nothing.... :-(
Send a message via AIM to Lgndryhr
Welcome fellow future 1LE member. I cannot wait for mine next year. I am getting a 1LE/1SS/RS with NPP in Summit White.
Best run: not until after break-in

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Lgndryhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:

Don't hold your breathe on that one.

An aftermarket shifter like MGW will more than likely be way better. Even if they put in the same shifter as the ZL1, it's not going to have the spring mechanism like an MGW. I haven't missed a gear yet since putting one in.

Headers and a tune.....stock might feel like some good power for a little bit but wait until you ride with or are around a 5th Gen with those mods. You're talking a 35-40 rwhp and a hell of a lot better sound. If you order the upgraded exhaust on the 1LE then you can probably just get away with headers and a tune. That's basic bolt on stuff without going into the motor at all. It's also easy to go back if you ever needed to.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
PYROLYSIS

Quote:

Glad to see somebody else that plans on enjoying the 1LE in mostly stock form. I don't plan on modding mine much either. If the acceleration is close to my friends 2002 SS that I used to drive I will be more than happy. I'm also looking foward to exploring the handling limits once I get one and I'm sure it won't disappoint. I've put flowmaster exhaust, hurst shifter and a K&N filter on 3 out of the 4 Camaros I've owned and that would most likely be as far as I go with this one, minus the exhaust. What little I've heard of the NPP I already love it more than any aftermarket system I've come accross.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Welcome fellow future 1LE member. I cannot wait for mine next year. I am getting a 1LE/1SS/RS with NPP in Summit White.
Think I'm going for the 2SS but love the color choice :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

An aftermarket shifter like MGW will more than likely be way better. Even if they put in the same shifter as the ZL1, it's not going to have the spring mechanism like an MGW. I haven't missed a gear yet since putting one in.

Headers and a tune.....stock might feel like some good power for a little bit but wait until you ride with or are around a 5th Gen with those mods. You're talking a 35-40 rwhp and a hell of a lot better sound. If you order the upgraded exhaust on the 1LE then you can probably just get away with headers and a tune. That's basic bolt on stuff without going into the motor at all. It's also easy to go back if you ever needed to.
Nice but I wouldnt pay for tuning until I did all my mods first. I'd at least add an intake and header before tuning. What's the best header(s) out there?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #24
1LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

Nope.

I'm not touching it. I want a car that I can just enjoy on the street or track & maintain a factory warranty. The car comes with enough nice upgrades from the factory as is. Like I said, I've been down the modding game path.... I have "more important" things to worry about these days than constantly purchasing aftermarket car parts like I have in the past. Although, I'm sure the mods you listed would turn the car into a beast.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #25
1LEE

Quote:
Glad to see somebody else that plans on enjoying the 1LE in mostly stock form. I don't plan on modding mine much either. If the acceleration is close to my friends 2002 SS that I used to drive I will be more than happy. I'm also looking foward to exploring the handling limits once I get one and I'm sure it won't disappoint. I've put flowmaster exhaust, hurst shifter and a K&N filter on 3 out of the 4 Camaros I've owned and that would most likely be as far as I go with this one, minus the exhaust. What little I've heard of the NPP I already love it more than any aftermarket system I've come accross.
Yep.

I'm going to order mine with the NPP exhaust.

Sounds great.

The car is perfect as is.