Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Nice but I wouldnt pay for tuning until I did all my mods first. I'd at least add an intake and header before tuning. What's the best header(s) out there?
I with ya....no need to tune until you add headers. A Cold Air Intake and/or shifter don't require any tune. Those would be the first mods I would do.

Actually, even headers don't require a tune but you would also have a check engine light. The best header....well, it's all personal preference. There are way more options now than when I put mine on. When I bought headers you pretty much had to choose between ARH, KOOKS, Dynatech. Now there are so many you'll have a hard time choosing. Just do some research in the V8 section. Pretty much every other thread asks about headers.

One other option for those that don't want to tune but get some power out of the exhaust is to go with either JBA or SOLO high flow cats. They basically replace your stock cats and really free up the exhaust flow. You'll get around 20 rwhp going that route but you shouldn't have to tune which means you keep your drivetrain warranty.

Intake, shifter, HF cats, maybe some cradle bushings.....those would all be a great upgrade and not really affect the warranty.

Nice thing is the 1LE does give you a lot more options than the SS. If I didn't already have an SS I would be getting a 1LE for sure. However, at this point my car is over 1/2 way paid for and I've modded mine enough to get close to what a 1LE would be. Biggest thing left for me would be some light weight wheels and if I ever snap an axle then I'll be looking at upgrading to the 1LE axles.

Although my drivetrain warranty was probably tossed out the window around 3,500 miles when I added/headers and a tune....at this point there is nothing that says I don't have the warranty. Luckily I haven't needed to use it much (2.5 years and 12k miles) but I did have a CV boot leak on me and even though I had cradle bushings and it was lowered with coilovers they replaced it no questions asked. I also had what looked like an oil cooler leak....dealer looked at it and could see where it had some dried oil but no current leak so nothing needed changing. However, he looked at it and was going to address it fully knowing I had headers, tune, suspension work.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #27
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
I'll definitely go with LT headers if/when I get them. I'll largely look into the 3 brands that you mentioned though, thanks.

The dual mode exhaust off of the ZL1 has GOT to have hi-flow cats in it!?!?! I've not seen that one way or the other anywhere.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #28
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

bump for question above
Old 08-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #29
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
bump for question above
The dual mode exhaust is essentially a factory catback.

It will still utilize the factory cats/downpipes.

Although, most performance cars already come with "hi flow" cats from the factory.

If you are looking for all out power, you can always install higher flowing aftermarket cats.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #30
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

That's kinda my plan. I dont think putting new HF cats in the DPP exhaust will dramatically affect the sound...if so it should be better :P Just gotta find some that will work well. I'll do some research more so once I actually HAVE my 1LE, I'll know what cats to put on her.(along with the CAI/headers)

Maybe it's just easier to NOT order the DPP and get all aftermarket from headers back. hmmmm
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Welcome Love the Cobalt!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #32
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Welcome Love the Cobalt!
Thanks man, trade ya fer the Vette Straight up! :P BWAH HA HA
Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #33
1LEE

Quote:
That's kinda my plan. I dont think putting new HF cats in the DPP exhaust will dramatically affect the sound...if so it should be better :P Just gotta find some that will work well. I'll do some research more so once I actually HAVE my 1LE, I'll know what cats to put on her.(along with the CAI/headers)

Maybe it's just easier to NOT order the DPP and get all aftermarket from headers back. hmmmm
Yeah, some of the more experienced Camaro guys should be able to help you out. I've learned a lot about the intake/air flow of the LS3 so far.

I would still order the NPP exhaust, just install a set of long tubes & high flow cats. I rather have the catback financed rather than dish out an additional $1k for an aftermarket catback after purchasing the car.

Fyi, my custom 1le emblems have been shipped. Keep a look out for my thread when I post them.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #34
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Yeah, some of the more experienced Camaro guys should be able to help you out. I've learned a lot about the intake/air flow of the LS3 so far.

I would still order the NPP exhaust, just install a set of long tubes & high flow cats. I rather have the catback financed rather than dish out an additional $1k for an aftermarket catback after purchasing the car.

Fyi, my custom 1le emblems have been shipped. Keep a look out for my thread when I post them.
Where do you plan on mounting the emblems?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #35
1LEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Where do you plan on mounting the emblems?
On each side of the hood buldge.... Just like the ZL1.

I made sure they were made the same size as the ZL1 hood emblems

I'm going to remove the SS badging from the grille & trunk as well.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #36
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
On each side of the hood buldge.... Just like the ZL1.

I made sure they were made the same size as the ZL1 hood emblems

I'm going to remove the SS badging from the grille & trunk as well.
Debadging FTW! I'm taking EVERY badge off! 1LE, SS, RS from the front, the chevy emblem will be gone...wherever they are...they wont be. :P
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #37
Bowtiepower00

Drives: '13 1LS IOM, '11 LS 6M (former)
Welcome...

The Cobalts are quick, but you are going to love the Camaro. I owned a E46 325is sport package 5 speed prior to the 11 LS 6m, and the Camaro felt every bit as tight and nimble as the Bimmer, frankly the Camaro was even better, even the LS... Fast forward, my LS is long gone due to starting a family, but the 1LE will take its place here in a few months. Believe me, you will not be disappointed!! Do not hesitate to pull the trigger... The 5th gen may be a bit heavy, but it disappears once you're moving, and the visibility isn't nearly as bad as some make it seem... Let us know how it turns out... My LS was a dream to hammer in the twisties, and ran like a dream all day long at the speed limiter, the 1LE is going to be a great car...
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote