Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #51
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,120
Birmingham....

HA!

__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #52
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,688
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
Birmingham fest ? Is there an underlying message here? My wife and i had a wonderful time meeting as many people as we could in the 3 day span. August is august no two ways about it, but hoping we dial it back to april again.

I think being amongst all the passionate camaro fans tops the list. What a party! Looking forward to attending again next year! Can't wait to see you all back out there.
lol, just kidding bout the B-Ham. I'm game no matter where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Birmingham....

HA!

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #53
myold88


 
myold88's Avatar
 
Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 5,227
I had a great time at this years fest. There was nothing not to like.
But just like Valdosta, I enjoyed caravaning with the mid-atlantic group the best.
Hope I can do it again next year.
__________________
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #54
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by compudiva View Post
Z4ME, who does your installs here in Maryland?

Tim at T & T in Frederick Maryland, he is also one of the sponsors on camaro 5 forums. I just brought my car over yesterday for him to get started. He has already worked on like 5 or 6 ZL1's and countless V6
and V8's over the past few years.
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36987&dateline=1334886195 border=0 alt= />
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #55
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10
 
its a syn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy Green SE
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albia,Iowa
Posts: 3,131
My 1st Fest, where do I begin. This was by far and above the best and most understaffed event I had ever attended! Not once did I see or even hear of a Police presence to break up an argument. Thought everyone was on good behavior considering speed and alcohol was involved. That combo get get out of hand in a heartbeat on any givin Saturday nite. Okay I did hear of a couple of speeding tickets, but you'll have that as every Mustang and Challenger wanted a race at every corner it seemed. The staff needs to be given gold medals on all the planning that goes into something this big. The vendors were great too, can't beleive more don't show up. I know they lighten my wallet load. Lucas Oil Raceway did an outstanding job with the track considering the weather-heat&rain. My compaints are that we didn't know which gate to go in and missed the goodie bag the first day. Totally a failure on my part. Would have liked to see a placard to put in the vehicles instead of the neck lanyard nobody was wearing them.Also no flashers during the cruise that was a disaster waiting to happen as it disenables our brake light except for the 3rd one. All in all most of this is minor and I can't wait for the next one!! Almost and I say almost hope there isn't a 6th Gen Camaro because then what will happen to Camaro5fest? Sorry for the long read.
__________________
its a syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #56
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 25,347
It was a blast, I really enjoyed everything about the fest! I had a long trip to make, but in the end it was worth every minute! I really enjoyed meeting people and putting a face to a screen name. I cant wait for next year!
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #57
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,383
My Miller Lite stock went through the roof due to the fest. Awesome! Thanks to all who helped with that.



Good times, good people, fast cars..... what could be better that that?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #58
RADREVX
 
RADREVX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: FAIRPORT NY
Posts: 255
loved it. hope to go again next year
RADREVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #59
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired
 
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 612
I liked it, the ride out with the Mid-Atlantic crew was a blast. The Fest was great, enjoyed the people, cars and vendors. Will do it again next year.
__________________
SMKIN SS
2SS/RS L99, LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE Custom Tune, JRE Air Scoop, CAI Intake, VMAX CNC Throttle Body, Doug Thorley Catback Exhaust, RX Oil Catch Can, Racing Pedals, FR41 Wheels.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #60
MudderFinger
 
MudderFinger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 604
I loved it, had a blast.
__________________
MudderFinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #61
boltmark
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: il
Posts: 1,276
Best freaking time of my life.

Quick story. This guy come up to me saying he was trying to catch up with me. He handed me a towel and said he found it laying next to my car. He did not want to just pick it up and put it in my chair becuase he was afraid it might have some small debis in it and didnt' want me to just come back pick it off the chair and use it to only scratch the car. You don't find that at many or any other car shows.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #62
Zeus95

 
Zeus95's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oak Forest - ILL
Posts: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
I loved it as well. Loved the location, weather, people, cars, booze. Was a GREAT time!!!!!
+1

Wish we could have auto X a little more !!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #63
~Stacy~


 
~Stacy~'s Avatar
 
Drives: 10 camaro 13 cruze
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Posts: 5,519
Fest

I enjoyed it. It's sad I consumed more drinks in Indiana then in Vegas I think I enjoyed it more this year because I actually got to drive my camaro there instead of flying out like last year. I enjoyed hanging out with the C5G crew. I'm happy that loose puma cat didn't eat me the first night MY only cons this year were getting a flat tire Wednesday night and having to drive 8 hours by myself to Indy on Thursday instead of joining a group. I definately missed Boundrant RACING. I wanted to go on another hot lap:(
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #64
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
My 1st Fest, where do I begin. This was by far and above the best and most understaffed event I had ever attended! Not once did I see or even hear of a Police presence to break up an argument. Thought everyone was on good behavior considering speed and alcohol was involved. That combo get get out of hand in a heartbeat on any givin Saturday nite. Okay I did hear of a couple of speeding tickets, but you'll have that as every Mustang and Challenger wanted a race at every corner it seemed. The staff needs to be given gold medals on all the planning that goes into something this big. The vendors were great too, can't beleive more don't show up. I know they lighten my wallet load. Lucas Oil Raceway did an outstanding job with the track considering the weather-heat&rain. My compaints are that we didn't know which gate to go in and missed the goodie bag the first day. Totally a failure on my part. Would have liked to see a placard to put in the vehicles instead of the neck lanyard nobody was wearing them.Also no flashers during the cruise that was a disaster waiting to happen as it disenables our brake light except for the 3rd one. All in all most of this is minor and I can't wait for the next one!! Almost and I say almost hope there isn't a 6th Gen Camaro because then what will happen to Camaro5fest? Sorry for the long read.
Don't worry, CAMARO5 is not going anywhere. You'll be able to get all your 6th Gen news right here.
__________________

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #65
R Kern
NFRNO SS
 
R Kern's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Holland, Pa.
Posts: 650
My wife and I had a great time! The best times for us were hanging out with our friends, meeting new friends, and just the people there in general. Friday night in the host hotel parking lot was a blast!
I hope we can make the next one.
__________________
R Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #66
cadyshac
It's in the hole!
 
cadyshac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS L99 SGM 2013 2SSRS LS3 BRM
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 843
Our first fest and loved every minute. Saw an unbelievable number of incredible cars, had some mods done to our car, got to meet Becky in person and found out our plate stinks, got to get a vanity plate asap!!!!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #67
HDRDTD


 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trenton, Michigan
Posts: 4,048
Loved it.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #68
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 FI Corvette and CRT ZL1 #336
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,083
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
This is the second fest that I was able to attend and I had a wonderful time at both events.
Highlights of CF3:

Meeting the Texas Group at the National Corvette Museum.
Trying to stay with Sir Nuke and company at 125 MPH.
Partying in hotel parking lot.
Thanks to Rodgers Chevrolet for giving all of us a great pizza party.
Great deals by the attending vendors.
Getting my LED lights installed.
Being selected for an award by Team Camaro and parking in the Chevy area.
Auto crossing our car on a great course.
Meeting lots of great Camaro friends.
Driving 2800 miles in our ZL1!

A very big thank you to all of the mods and staff for making it a great event.
__________________
Walk softly, carry a light saber and drive a ZL1!
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #69
Atti2de
Móderator
 
Atti2de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,658
It was a blast and people who want to nit pick prices, vendors, organization or anything need to just stay home. Like stated before people donated time, money and energy to make this event what it was. AWESOME! Been to two fests and like different things about both. I did not come to race or track my car, I came for the friendships. Old and new, and maybe to one up the last Texas Parking Lot Bar. Which I think we did. 98% of the liquor was donated by camaro5 members. Don't think they or us knew what we were getting into this year with the bar, and next year scares me.... the simple fact is we asked for donations from people we never met and it poured in (and out) pardon the pun. Camaro people rock.

I donated my time stuffing the goodie bags, my wife, little mike and billie helped sell your camaro5 gear your wearing. you should have seen the mods (EVEN TAG) and others working their asses off to make things run smoothly. no one complained (except for us stuffing bags) to make this event what is was. Yes again, AWESOME!

Basically, never under estimate the power of camaro owners in a group!
__________________
I'm not the one with the Atti2de problem it's everyone else that has a problem with my Atti2de!
Atti2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #70
CruznSS

 
CruznSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gloucester VA
Posts: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
It was a blast and people who want to nit pick prices, vendors, organization or anything need to just stay home. Like stated before people donated time, money and energy to make this event what it was. AWESOME! Been to two fests and like different things about both. I did not come to race or track my car, I came for the friendships. Old and new, and maybe to one up the last Texas Parking Lot Bar. Which I think we did. 98% of the liquor was donated by camaro5 members. Don't think they or us knew what we were getting into this year with the bar, and next year scares me.... the simple fact is we asked for donations from people we never met and it poured in (and out) pardon the pun. Camaro people rock.

I donated my time stuffing the goodie bags, my wife, little mike and billie helped sell your camaro5 gear your wearing. you should have seen the mods (EVEN TAG) and others working their asses off to make things run smoothly. no one complained (except for us stuffing bags) to make this event what is was. Yes again, AWESOME!

Basically, never under estimate the power of camaro owners in a group!
The bar rocked the parking lot! Thanks to all that set up and worked the bar... As for the fest - it was originally, a south Georgia get together that grew to C5fest. The people and owners make this site and the fest is a way to get together and share our love of CAMARO. No complaints. Had a blast and can't wait for next one.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
CruznSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #71
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,279
Loved every minute of it. Hat's off to all the folks that put it together. You all did a fantastic job.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #72
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch
 
Iroczlover's Avatar
 
Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Yelm, wa, Hell if I think about it to much
Posts: 8,085
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Loved it, the weather was great, Dont know what you guys were complaining about but the weather at Camaro5fest was Great, 103 degrees wed-friday ...................














OH wait, I didnt go to camaro5 Fest, Because it was the same Weekend as HOT AUGUST nights in RENO NV.



NExt year DO not make it during HOT AUGUST NIGHTS which happens to be August 5th-12th (we travel down there so we leave sunday)
__________________
I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personal website www.HPIV.net
Greatest Camaro club around www.pnwcc.com
PNWCC is now on facebook
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT, 87 Iroc-z, 90 Vette Vert , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #73
Jamie Mac
Camaro for sale
 
Jamie Mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,277
I had a great time my one day there and was going to offer one piece of (IMO) minor constructive criticism with a suggestion to possibly correct it in the future if the planners agreed. Looks like I'd best leave it at a great time and say thanks to everyone who had a hand in it.
__________________
When Mullets drove Camaro's, they didn't just know their car was fast, they set down their wax applicator and proved their car was fast. -J.M. March, 2012
Jamie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #74
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
Loved it, the weather was great, Dont know what you guys were complaining about but the weather at Camaro5fest was Great, 103 degrees wed-friday ...................














OH wait, I didnt go to camaro5 Fest, Because it was the same Weekend as HOT AUGUST nights in RENO NV.



NExt year DO not make it during HOT AUGUST NIGHTS which happens to be August 5th-12th (we travel down there so we leave sunday)
Great weather to catch a tan lol.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #75
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 13,303
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I had a great time my one day there and was going to offer one piece of (IMO) minor constructive criticism with a suggestion to possibly correct it in the future if the planners agreed. Looks like I'd best leave it at a great time and say thanks to everyone who had a hand in it.
Jaime, please do post it up... We are listening to the comments... And trying to make it more fun for all... My comments were made well before I saw the intent and direction of the thread... There has been some valuable insight in this thread...
__________________
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.