Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Frank_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
AC CONTROLS

DOES ANYONE ELSE CAMARO VENT LIGHT STAY ON EVEN IF THE KNOB IS TURNED TO OFF?
Attached Images

Frank_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
bigbob11

Drives: 2012 2SS
My car does that sometimes,drives me nuts
bigbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
pvolcko

Drives: 2012 SS2/RS
Mine always does that. Thought it was normal.
pvolcko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
It is normal. There IS a way to get rid of it, though (at least, this works in my 2012). You can make the air come out of the TOP vents (the one near the windshield, and the little vents on top of the dash), instead of having them come out of the normal areas (which is why the light is there). When you make them come out of the top vents, there is a brief UP arrow on the radio panel, to show you that you've done it, and then the LED on the AC control shuts off.

To do this: Have the fan (or AC) on, turn the windshield defroster on, turn fan off, turn windshield defroster off. The defroster LED light won't turn off, but the radio screen says that it's off. Then turn the fan back on, and then turn the AC back off. This will result in the radio screen showing an UP arrow (which means the air is coming out of the vents on TOP of the dash, rather than the vents in the center of the dash), and all LED lights will be off. It sounds complicated, but once you do it once, it's easy to remember.

It should also be noted that once you achieve this, you can make the AC/Heat come out of the top vents. The AC works very well coming out of the top vents, but it can occasionally leave some cold marks on your windshield if you crank it up too much, since the air basically gets shot into the windshield.

Last edited by DeAdMiKe187; 08-16-2012 at 04:53 PM.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote