Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 131
I just ordered a ZL1 - did I get a good price?

Hi, new here. I recently ordered a ZL1 at MSRP. Several dealers in my area were 1-3k above. I did find one that took my order at sticker, is that good? This will be my first Chevy. I'm not really their typical customer in fact I wouldn't even be on their marketing radar but this car got me. I intend to keep this car for a very long time and really looking forward to it.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
ace32x
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: puyallup
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLNY View Post
Hi, new here. I recently ordered a ZL1 at MSRP. Several dealers in my area were 1-3k above. I did find one that took my order at sticker, is that good? This will be my first Chevy. I'm not really their typical customer in fact I wouldn't even be on their marketing radar but this car got me. I intend to keep this car for a very long time and really looking forward to it.
i think so, the best i could do was 2k over msrp around me locally. although my situation was different and i had a unique trade in they didnt really want. so i didnt have much wiggly room to get them down with the price they gave me for it. all the other dealers around here were asking 10k over msrp
__________________
2013 victory red zl1, 2012 1500 silverado, 95 nissan 240sx 383 ls1 11:1 stroker dart 225 heads ms4 cam fast 102 manifold ;D
ace32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
JWR046
 
JWR046's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 200
That is a fair price. Not sure where u live but the prices vary. Make sure the dealer has an allocation. Have they give u the gm order number and u can track it on the Chevy site.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR046 View Post
That is a fair price. Not sure where u live but the prices vary. Make sure the dealer has an allocation. Have they give u the gm order number and u can track it on the Chevy site.
I live in NY. I have an order number and a printout of the GM Workbench form. I didn't specifically ask them if they had an allocation but they did have two ZL1s in stock so they seem capable of getting them. I did order the the black rims and exposed carbon hood and from what I understand these items are hard to get.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
snackbar64
 
snackbar64's Avatar
 
Drives: SW ZL1, A6, Carbon, Nav, MR, 10 spk
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Prosper, TX
Posts: 432
Try Q Chevrolet in Irving, TX. I had them down to over 2k OFF msrp. They have 8 ZL1s on the floor right now.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
steveo9043

 
steveo9043's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLNY View Post
I live in NY. I have an order number and a printout of the GM Workbench form. I didn't specifically ask them if they had an allocation but they did have two ZL1s in stock so they seem capable of getting them. I did order the the black rims and exposed carbon hood and from what I understand these items are hard to get.
You didn't mention the color of the car but black wheels and exposed carbon hood... Come visit illinois! Below is a link to a black ZL1 with black wheels and exposed carbon hood. It's at the dealership I got my 45th and was just there Monday. Car is sitting in the showroom waiting.

http://sunrisechevrolet.com/2013-Che...IL/vd/12922748
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
zx1421
Mid-life crises, ya think
 
zx1421's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS & 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: calif.
Posts: 39
Msrp here in s.cal, it seemed good to what I could find within 200 miles
zx1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
MarylandSpeed



 
MarylandSpeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,631
I got $1200 off MSRP..but we have bought a lot of cars from this dealer.
__________________
www.marylandspeed.com * 443-730-9428 * Great Prices and Experienced Service!

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
ZL12013
 
ZL12013's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2005 F150
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Saint Louis Mo
Posts: 131
I have never paid sticker until the ZL1, I did get them to give me $1200.00 for a junker trade in. There have been a lot of people that paid over sticker depending on where you live.
__________________
ZL12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
The Baron

 
The Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 zl1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: st louis
Posts: 841
These cars are eating up floorplan all over the midwest.. you can get one for well under msrp but you dont live close so it is kinda a mute point.
__________________

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
starhutch
THE RED ROCKER
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
These cars are eating up floorplan all over the midwest.. you can get one for well under msrp but you dont live close so it is kinda a mute point.
Dont really see that at all in my area of the midwest, from what I have seen around here its still limited supply but it really depends on the market. I'm sure you will get different answers around the country based on allocations. Now getting exactly what you want is a different story, but paying sticker is not a bad deal.

Congrats!
starhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
hawk02
Convertible Three-peat
 
hawk02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
These cars are eating up floorplan all over the midwest.. you can get one for well under msr but you dont live close so it is kinda a mute point.


I got mine 3k under MSRP. Another dealer in the area is selling a '12 coupe for 4300 off MSRP.
__________________
hawk02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #13
DrkPhx

 
DrkPhx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Michael, MN
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
These cars are eating up floorplan all over the midwest.. you can get one for well under msrp but you dont live close so it is kinda a mute point.
Agreed. No reason to pay mark up on this car. I paid well below msrp back in Aug of last year; so I would imagine some of the dealers should be willing to move on price now that the car has been out a while.
DrkPhx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Try Q Chevrolet in Irving, TX. I had them down to over 2k OFF msrp. They have 8 ZL1s on the floor right now.
Too bad I'm in NY but that's a nice discount.


Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
You didn't mention the color of the car but black wheels and exposed carbon hood... Come visit illinois! Below is a link to a black ZL1 with black wheels and exposed carbon hood. It's at the dealership I got my 45th and was just there Monday. Car is sitting in the showroom waiting.

http://sunrisechevrolet.com/2013-Che...IL/vd/12922748
The one I ordered is black, black rims, suede option, ECF hood in stick. So pretty close except for the suede but I really want that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL12013 View Post
I have never paid sticker until the ZL1, I did get them to give me $1200.00 for a junker trade in. There have been a lot of people that paid over sticker depending on where you live.
Here in NY, most dealers only have 1 and they don't seem to want to negotiate. One dealer wouldn't even take my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post


I got mine 3k under MSRP. Another dealer in the area is selling a '12 coupe for 4300 off MSRP.
Wow, too bad I'm here in NY. I've never bought a car out of state. Wouldn't even know how. Also, I specifically want a only a black with black rims, ECF hood and suede. I didn't want the sunroof or nav. In all of NY and NY area, I didn't find one with those options.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #15
The Baron

 
The Baron's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 zl1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: st louis
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by starhutch View Post
Dont really see that at all in my area of the midwest, from what I have seen around here its still limited supply but it really depends on the market. I'm sure you will get different answers around the country based on allocations. Now getting exactly what you want is a different story, but paying sticker is not a bad deal.

Congrats!
Im from st louis. Look harder.. we have them everywhere.
__________________

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
JWR046
 
JWR046's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLNY View Post
I live in NY. I have an order number and a printout of the GM Workbench form. I didn't specifically ask them if they had an allocation but they did have two ZL1s in stock so they seem capable of getting them. I did order the the black rims and exposed carbon hood and from what I understand these items are hard to get.
cool. Put the order number here. http://www.chevrolet.com/order-tracking.html

It will show the order. If they have an allocation the order will be picked up. There is a few threads on order status codes. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218999
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #17
Solitaire
 
Solitaire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Back ZL1 =P
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 7
I just bought mine in Norcal. I found a dealer who would order one for me at MSRP as well. But last minute I asked him to look around instead and he got one transferred in to his dealer from another that had been sitting for 66 days and sold it to me at sticker. Thats the way to go. Have them do a search for you. I got exactly the car you just described down to the color and options. A dealer in Santa Rosa wanted 75K for the same car. **** them. Supposedly this year many more will be made so the price should be easier to get below MSRP. Good luck!!
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
SS785
 
SS785's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: US
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLNY View Post
I live in NY. I have an order number and a printout of the GM Workbench form. I didn't specifically ask them if they had an allocation but they did have two ZL1s in stock so they seem capable of getting them. I did order the the black rims and exposed carbon hood and from what I understand these items are hard to get.
Would you be open to order from a dealer in CT or northern NJ? In CT, I had good experiences with Grossman Chevy in Old Saybrook (bought my SS there) & Partika Chevy in Hamden. They are both selling their stock ZL1s under MSRP (although not with the features you want). Can't hurt to ask if they would do that with an order.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
tomster
Mid Ohio 1.42
 
tomster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 302
central ohio in the winter! paid $4500 under msrp
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #20
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,378
$7k off MSRP for me, I sure love those GM certified vehicles!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
tomster
Mid Ohio 1.42
 
tomster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 302
I was looking for a grey one with black insert and black wheels with nav and had no such luck. finding a deal. so it also depends on what you are looking for. I settled for one of the many black on black with carbon hood and nav.
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
ZL1-V

 
ZL1-V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,362
I also paid under MSRP. You just have to find the right car at the right dealer. It also helps to already be pre-qualified and have financing elsewhere. They need to move the car since they are paying for it. I walked out of one dealership when they started to sell me on this is a "limited production car". I told the guy it's not a Ferrari 430 Scuderia!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS785 View Post
Would you be open to order from a dealer in CT or northern NJ? In CT, I had good experiences with Grossman Chevy in Old Saybrook (bought my SS there) & Partika Chevy in Hamden. They are both selling their stock ZL1s under MSRP (although not with the features you want). Can't hurt to ask if they would do that with an order.
I will give them a call and see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp ZL1 View Post
I also paid under MSRP. You just have to find the right car at the right dealer. It also helps to already be pre-qualified and have financing elsewhere. They need to move the car since they are paying for it. I walked out of one dealership when they started to sell me on this is a "limited production car". I told the guy it's not a Ferrari 430 Scuderia!
It's been hard since there are none in this area with the configuration I want. It's been very difficult to get the black rims with the ECF hood here.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLNY View Post
I will give them a call and see what they say.



It's been hard since there are none in this area with the configuration I want. It's been very difficult to get the black rims with the ECF hood here.
Here is where for you?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Here is where for you?
I'm in NY. NYC actually.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.