Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

ZL1 Wheels/Tires Wheels and tires discussion for ZL1

Old 08-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
sberk1012

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
Opti-coat

Has anyone here opti-coated their black 10-spokes? I want the best way to guard against brake dust, besides replacing the pads
sberk1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Mpsmith1

Drives: '13 IOM ZL1 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberk1012 View Post
Has anyone here opti-coated their black 10-spokes? I want the best way to guard against brake dust, besides replacing the pads
Check with C5 member SSTG, among other who know far more about detailing than me.... I've been told that OptiCoat will certainly help with brake dust. I elected not to have it don't yet, but it's on my list for the spring. You might also want to convert to Hawk High Performance Ceramic Brake Pads. They generate a LOT less dust than the OEM pads. I love mine...
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
SocalZL1

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberk1012 View Post
I have my black 10 spokes coated with opti coat. The coating does a great job minimizing brake dust. The coating makes it a lot easier to clean the wheels also. I recommended it
SocalZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #4
sberk1012

Thanks Socal. The day after OC 2.0 was discontinued, I quickly scooped some up off eBay. I'll finally have the chance to coat my wheels with it in about a week. Glad to hear it works well.

I just get so sick of spending so much time on my wheels during my wash process. I also bought a wheel cleaner spray from SCG and a nice wheel detailing brush so I think I'll finally be set!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #5
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Why was it discontinued?
Old 09-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Optimum Gloss Coating (10 ml)

Is still listed on their web site.
http://www.optimumcarcare.nl/Optimum-Coatings/OGC10
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #7
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Still show on eBay as well.

Picture Information

Image not available Photos not available for this variation

Mouse over image to zoom
Mouse over to Zoom
-
Click to enlarge

X

Have one to sell? Sell now

Details about New Optimum Opti Coat 2.0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Optimum-..._Tools&vxp=mtr
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
sberk1012

It was discontinued and replaced with Optimum Gloss Coat. Long story short, the OC 2.0 was too close performance-wise to the "pro-grade" OptiCoat Pro, which was to be obtained and applied by Optimum-authorized installers.

Sure, you can find it on eBay now from sellers who stocked up on the item and are now selling for pure profit. But Optimum is no longer manufacturing the product. The 20mL syringe you see on eBay for $250 was $80 3 weeks ago.

That's the short story. For the long story, see this link where you will find this post within it. This post was meant to go to Optimum pro installers only, but got leaked online.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-increase.html

OPTIMUM PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS ANNOUNCEMENT

Effective with this communication, there are major improvements to the Optimum product line and the Professional Program.

Opti-Coat 2.0 is being discontinued immediately and will be replaced with a hybrid consumer product with up to 2 years durability, Gloss Coat. Gloss Coat will be priced $59.99 for 10 mls.

Opti-Coat Pro will only be sold in the 10 ml Warranty Package ($150) and that warranty will be 5 years. The Lifetime Warranty and 40 ml syringe are discontinued. The 10 ml syringe is enough product for 1 vehicle and installers should use an entire package for each application, going over areas of heavy impact such as the hood with a second coat if there is product left. Every Opti-Coat Pro sale will carry the 5 year Warranty for any vehicle less than 5 model year old. Any Lifetime Warranty sold prior to this change will be honored as long as the printed requirements are met. The Minimum Suggested Price for a warranty Opti-Coat Pro installation is $495.

Opti-Coat Approved Installers will be required to purchase a minimum of $300 in Optimum products per month to remain authorized and listed in the Opti-Coat database. Purchases will be reviewed quarterly. Optimum is offering a 20% discount to Pro Installers on all non-professional products for full case orders (and the cases can be mixed product).

Chris Thomas and Dann Williams have been appointed Regional Managers; Chris will manage East of the Mississippi and Dann the West. They will handle technical issues, training, and are involved with Installer Approvals, and in general deal with Professional questions from the field.

New Optimum Products, including a dedicated Opti-Coat line available in coming months:

OptI-Coat Spot Remover
Opti-Coat Iron Remover
Opti-Coat Prep Solution
Opti-Coat Maintenance Wash
Opti-Trim Restore
Opti-Trim Protect

As labels and packaging are available these products will be introduced.

YOUR OPTIMUM TEAM