Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-18-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
erickangulo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
1LE Suspension Kit (V8)

Hello everyone. I recently pulled the trigger and purchased the 1LE Suspension Kit for my Camaro and was wondering how much I should pay to get it installed.

Ideally, I'd like to install it myself, but I'm just an amateur. I've done other installs on my car such as the RS headlights and the Z/28 aero package, however, I have not been able to find a DIY for the 1LE Suspension Kit on this site. Would anyone advise for/against me tackling this job? I know that I'd still have to get an alignment, so I'd pay for that. Thank you very much for your time.
erickangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS and Twin Turbo'd SRT8
If you can do the aero kit you should be able to do the suspension. I think the hardest part was the front bar, threading the old bar out and the new bar in, just loosen the engine and lift it up a inch or so. Just make sure too use a block of wood under the oil pan.
1LE Front with DSE Links and Rear Sway Bars, Splitter, 3.91 Gears with 1LE Axles, 14/15 Heat extractor in a 13 1LE hood, 1LE shocks and struts,1LE Suede Flat bottom Steering wheel restitched in orange, Factory Hurst short throw shifter with the Pegasus rear poly shifter mount, ZL1 Rockers, Belly Pan and pedals, Z/28 Intake, Limo tint, Skip Shift eliminator, and powder coated square setup SS rims 1LE diffuser and dual mode mufflers, Z/28 headers and Cats, and a 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft . Upcoming mods 1LE hubs and and Z/28 Spoiler with Wicker for a 10-13.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
erickangulo

Thanks for the encouragement! Any references that you can point me to as far as instructions go? Thank you.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:31 AM   #4
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just look at that parts you have and take those parts off and put the new ones on. Just make sure to torque everything back down. That's how I handle most installs, doing coilovers and full suspension right now on mine.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #5
erickangulo

Yeah it looks that easy to me, but I noticed that the rear sway bar has four attachment points (I think), so that's what scares me lol. Please feel free to chime in and inform me with any assistance.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #6
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The sway bar is the same mounting as your stock one, its just a stiffer steel a slightly thicker i believe. that picture shows the front and rear. There are 2 bushings that mount them to the car, along with an end link on each side. So in total there are 4 "mounts". But it attaches the exact same as the stock unit.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote