Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #1
JGinLA
Since 1978

Drives: 2002 SS blk SLP air exh chrome
How much pressure required to depress clutch?

I was in an accident two weeks ago (not my fault) and surgery was needed on my left shinbone for a diagonal crack. Three screws and a small plate were installed. Luckily it wasn't broken all the way across. Recovery time is supposed to be 10-12 weeks. I left the hospital without a cast etc. but I was ordered not to put weight on it. If I damage the repair work they promised me much regret. I also cracked my sternum and it still hurts like a SOB.
In the meantime the order tracker says my 2015 has arrived. I already told the dealership about the wreck while the car was in transit so they know there will be a delay. I'm trying to get a measurement of pressure required so I can talk the doctor into letting me drive it in the coming weeks even if I'm not allowed to walk. I know my leg is more important than a car and he may say no but I look at it as rehab. Thanks.
1979 TransAm black TA 6.6- 4 sp
JGinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Ask the Doc to prescribe a cane and use it with your left arm/hand to depress clutch.

Or use your right foot.

I drove a standard trans with a broken ankle and 2 toes.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:04 AM   #3
AshenGreyLFX

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1LS
as someone who has a plate and 7 screws in his left ankle, i can safely say that you should not put any pressure on that leg. The clutch will be a lot of pressure on a plate that needs to stay in place while your bone heals around it. You can try, but if you feel even the slightest pain i wouldn't push it.