Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 10-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #76
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
So what all did you order? Let's see some pics.....please!!!
Everything from the 1LE package sans wheel hubs. My rear shock mounts unlike Synners are lacking the cutouts for mag ride or adjustable coil overs. I can also confirm that the front end links are the 12mm variety. The yellow front strut insulators are on all current Camaro's, i figured I'd upgrade those while I was at it. My sway bars and rear LCA's were also package poorly and are covered in scratches and dings. Gonna need some wire brushing and repainting on some of these parts.
Attached Images

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.

Last edited by nak3dsnake; 10-06-2012 at 07:46 PM.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #77
Synner

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Thats weird, yours has the better bushings though which is all that matters.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #78
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
How much did all that set you back? It took me a couple years to piece together all of my suspension upgrades.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #79
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
How much did all that set you back? It took me a couple years to piece together all of my suspension upgrades.
About a grand all together. The most expensive part was the rear monotube dampers, they were 180 a piece. I just saved my kinkles till I saw something I liked. I'm looking at Pedders Street I inserts and maybe the alignment kit to go with these. I haven't decided what to do with springs yet, but the 1LE uses the same springs rates as the SS.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #80
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Aren't the front shocks/struts on the 1LE the same as what's on the SS?? Just curious?
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #81
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Aren't the front shocks/struts on the 1LE the same as what's on the SS?? Just curious?
The 1LE gets monotubes.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #82
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The 1LE gets monotubes.
I thought that was just in the rear though, hmmm....I guess maybe I'm wrong?!?!?
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #83
nak3dsnake

Quote:
I thought that was just in the rear though, hmmm....I guess maybe I'm wrong?!?!?
No, they are not the same. But im not about to crack one open to see if its monotube or not.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #84
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
No, they are not the same. But im not about to crack one open to see if its monotube or not.
Monotubes all round.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #85
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Monotubes all round.
Hey Pete, do you know why they didn't change the spring rates? With as much as they did I figured those would have been changed out too. Cost? Trying to keep the price down?
Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #86
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Quote:
Hey Pete, do you know why they didn't change the spring rates? With as much as they did I figured those would have been changed out too. Cost? Trying to keep the price down?
Sway bars and tire sidewalls. Those are big axx bars coming from an OEM. As much as the 1LE is a 'track' car it still has to pass OE NVH standards. Couple the bigger bars with the extremely stiff sidewalls on the ZL1 spec GYs and what you have in the 1LE is as far as they will go. Well that and they wanted to make sure that Pedders keeps growing
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #87
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Sway bars and tire sidewalls. Those are big axx bars coming from an OEM. As much as the 1LE is a 'track' car it still has to pass OE NVH standards. Couple the bigger bars with the extremely stiff sidewalls on the ZL1 spec GYs and what you have in the 1LE is as far as they will go. Well that and they wanted to make sure that Pedders keeps growing
So does that mean a certain someone may have a set of 1LE specific springs soon?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #88
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Quote:
So does that mean a certain someone may have a set of 1LE specific springs soon?
Supercars allow us to tune our 8kg front and 10kg rear coils to the 1LE. Depending on the driver and use I am partial to 10kg front and 12kg rears on the Supercars. Did I mention we run ZL1 GY 305s on all four corners of the L/28?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #89
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Supercars allow us to tune our 8kg front and 10kg rear coils to the 1LE. Depending on the driver and use I am partial to 10kg front and 12kg rears on the Supercars. Did I mention we run ZL1 GY 305s on all four corners of the L/28?
Im not surprised. Would you recommend a set of the 220035 and 220032 springs to go with the 1LE dampers?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #90
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Quote:
Im not surprised. Would you recommend a set of the 220035 and 220032 springs to go with the 1LE dampers?
I would prefer the balance of the font 220032 with the rear 220033.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #91
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Monotubes all round.
All the literature i see says just the rears including this which someone just posted in another 1LE thread.
https://pictures.dealer.com/cagchevy...0c74bc1897.pdf

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #92
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
All the literature i see says just the rears including this which someone just posted in another 1LE thread.
https://pictures.dealer.com/cagchevy...0c74bc1897.pdf
That would be good for business

The brochure does read re-tuned front damper and monotube rear. I'll have to look at our SEMA take-offs more closely.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #93
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Looking at those parts I see the rear end links are obviously different but the front end links look about the same as on the FE3 ('10-'11). Are there any differences in front end links from FE3 to FE4?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #94
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Looking at those parts I see the rear end links are obviously different but the front end links look about the same as on the FE3 ('10-'11). Are there any differences in front end links from FE3 to FE4?
The FE4-FE5 endlinks are much thicker than the FE3 endlinks. The FE4-FE5 endlinks also use a larger 12mm ball stud vs 10mm on the FE3 links. Ill be comparing parts when I install them, still go a few more to paint still.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #95
caverman

Ok....so I'm going to be upgrading my rear suspension to the FE4 version. I haven't seen any kind of DIY on it yet so I want to make sure I know what to do.

Does the End Link go in this whole? Also, is there any specs on the torq for the end link bolts....or is it the old "good in tight" rule with maybe a drop of blue locktite?
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #96
Synner

No the outer portion of the arm on the bottom.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #97
Synner

Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #98
caverman

Ok...based on those images I think I see where it goes now. I found Petes thread as well.
Attached Images

Build Journal
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #99
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok....so I'm going to be upgrading my rear suspension to the FE4 version. I haven't seen any kind of DIY on it yet so I want to make sure I know what to do.

Does the End Link go in this whole? Also, is there any specs on the torq for the end link bolts....or is it the old "good in tight" rule with maybe a drop of blue locktite?
The reinforced hole on the bottom of the arm. It really is a ver simple straigt forward install and literally impossible to mess up. The bush squish for the drop links is best set with the weight of the car on the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
No the outer portion of the arm on the bottom.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #100
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Check The Book. Sway Bar Chapter.

Pedders 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Suspension Evaluation

Foundational 5th Gen Required Upgrades

Lowering Coils and Coilovers

Trouble Free, OEM Quiet V6 Lowering

Sway Bars

Suspension Bushes

ZL1 / CTS-V Brake Upgrade for the SS

Wheels and Tires

Bush Timing, Alignment and Torque Specs

Pedders USA Camaro 2.0

Lingenfelter L/28 Tech

5th Gen Wheel Hop and Drag Race Setup

Thermal Management

Running Changes Made to the 5th Gen by Chevrolet

Public Track Test #1

Public Track Test #2 Camaro vs. Mustang Supercar Shootout

Caution: Test driving any Pedderised vehicle can be dangerous. Pedderised vehicles have been known to induce suspension envy and sleepless nights filled with longing. Before test-driving any Pedderised vehicle, check with your banking and accounting professionals. Pedderised vehicles are known to induce credit card bills and reduced bank balances. There is no antidote.

We have a large gallery on both the FE3 upgrade and the ZL1 on Facebook.

And don't forget to VOTE!