Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Old 08-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #51
mbonet
1NF3RN0

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro - 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
im 6th but shit at least im not last, anyhow the new maddens into is pretty sick, dunno if anyone got it yet
I am the last pick...first time ever! I'm excited to see what the difference will be like. All I can ask is that you guys pick fast in the 1st round because the excitement of waiting is going to kill me! I'll be ready though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562TROJAN View Post
IKR?! Haven't picked up the Madden game yet but I should be getting to it pretty soon.
As for the new Madden, I picked it up last night at the midnight release. It is pretty sick indeed. Yes, I'm a chick that plays Playstation 3 as well as fantasy football. What can I say. I really love football. Anyway, I think I'm really going to like the Connected Careers and the fact that you can guide your passes a bit when throwing is an awesome idea, but I'm going to have to get used to doing that. I played it a little last night, but I had to be up for work at 5:30am, so I didn't get in as much time as I really wanted to. Can't wait to get off work to play some more
Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #52
562TROJAN
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonet View Post
I am the last pick...first time ever! I'm excited to see what the difference will be like. All I can ask is that you guys pick fast in the 1st round because the excitement of waiting is going to kill me! I'll be ready though.

Back-to-Back picks can be a huge advantage. You just have to make the right choices.

As for the new Madden, I picked it up last night at the midnight release. It is pretty sick indeed. Yes, I'm a chick that plays Playstation 3 as well as fantasy football. What can I say. I really love football. Anyway, I think I'm really going to like the Connected Careers and the fact that you can guide your passes a bit when throwing is an awesome idea, but I'm going to have to get used to doing that. I played it a little last night, but I had to be up for work at 5:30am, so I didn't get in as much time as I really wanted to. Can't wait to get off work to play some more
Ha! A chick that plays PS3 and Fantasy Football? All I can say to that is, there arent nearly enough of you on planet earth!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #53
Chito
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro black 2ss/rs
Quote:
Ha! A chick that plays PS3 and Fantasy Football? All I can say to that is, there arent nearly enough of you on planet earth!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #54
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Getting my game plan together. Lots of key injuries in the pre-season. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #55
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
@ Kronix. Not sure if you thought of this, but maybe you should PM every team owner and get their phone number. There always seems to be one or two people who forget about their draft date and time.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #56
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
YEAH!!!! Hey we should all be in a live chat room together. That way we can talk crap without the 30 second wait in between post!
STuRTzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #57
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

I was just an idea in case someone forgets about the draft Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #58
562TROJAN
SoCal Mayhem

No e-mail for me yet!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #59
Chito
SoCal HT5

Question for all of you? well not sure if you can answer this question, so if you can't I completely understand, but rookie question. Of course I don't want names, but for bench players, what positions do I have to choose, is there a position list like the starters? if you can help me with that I will appreciate and if you can't answer the question I completely understand. thanks in advance. I tried a couple of mock drafts, but I have no idea if I did good or not.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #60
STuRTzz

Quote:
No e-mail for me yet!
I got it at 2:21 am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chito View Post
Question for all of you? well not sure if you can answer this question, so if you can't I completely understand, but rookie question. Of course I don't want names, but for bench players, what positions do I have to choose, is there a position list like the starters? if you can help me with that I will appreciate and if you can't answer the question I completely understand. thanks in advance. I tried a couple of mock drafts, but I have no idea if I did good or not.
I think you want good and high scoring players like a backup QB. When your QB is on bye week, switch them. Don't forget to switch them back though! You want back ups incase your dudes get injured so prob an extra running back and WR
Old 08-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #61
STuRTzz

Does anyone want to group chat? We can talk trash and ask questions. I think a chat room like aim is better so we can get a faster response!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #62
562TROJAN
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by STuRTzz View Post

I think you want good and high scoring players like a backup QB. When your QB is on bye week, switch them. Don't forget to switch them back though! You want back ups incase your dudes get injured so prob an extra running back and WR
Guess I'll keep checking for one......

Chito - I guess logic would be for you to try to get good players in case any of your starters go down with injuries; or as stated by StuRTzz, bye weeks. Hope that helps!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #63
Chito
SoCal HT5

Quote:

Thank you for the info.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #64
Chito
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Guess I'll keep checking for one......

Chito - I guess logic would be for you to try to get good players in case any of your starters go down with injuries; or as stated by StuRTzz, bye weeks. Hope that helps!
Yes, that's exactly what I need it to know, kinda figure it, but wanted to make sure, thanks for the info. and about the chat room, when I was doing the mock draft, I saw people chatting in there already as the draft was taking place. Don't know if that's what you guys are looking for, or just in general after the draft.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #65
Chito
SoCal HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I hear you bro, but I figured since there's only 12 of us and they send out email reminders, and I know I get PUMPED for drafts, I didn't think peeps would forget, if they do and don't rank their players, then so be it for them!

Did you check your spam folder? You can go to the League page and make sure email is right and also check your settings from there for the draft room.

Chito, go into it this way. You know what spot you're drafting so you want to make a plan, because with fantasy football NOTHING goes as planned. DO NOT take a Kicker or Defense until the last 2 picks of the draft!!! I sent you those links, they have Cheat Sheets, print them up and as players are picked, cross them off. You should always want to draft the highest ranked player, you don't have to worry about having 2 kickers or 2 Defenses or even 2 QBs, because you can always pick up players on the waiver wire, but hey, that's just one strategy. You want to fill your bench with as many RBs & WRs as possible...PERIOD! Get familiar with who's starting and who's their back up. Use the rankings from sites I sent you and Yahoo, KFFL.com, etc...Do a few Mock Drafts right on Yahoo if you have the time. Read as many articles on those sites as you can. On our League Page there's a section called Draft Central, in it you'll find a section called Draft Kit, there you can get your cheat sheets, review player rankings and read about different strategies.

Hope that helps!

The Yahoo Draft Room will have a chat screen there.

I'm still waiting on money from some people, not going to post who, you know who you are, no big deal, just send when you can.

thanks for the info John. can't wait for tomorrow
Old 08-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #66
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I hear you bro, but I figured since there's only 12 of us and they send out email reminders, and I know I get PUMPED for drafts, I didn't think peeps would forget, if they do and don't rank their players, then so be it for them!

Did you check your spam folder? You can go to the League page and make sure email is right and also check your settings from there for the draft room.

Chito, go into it this way. You know what spot you're drafting so you want to make a plan, because with fantasy football NOTHING goes as planned. DO NOT take a Kicker or Defense until the last 2 picks of the draft!!! I sent you those links, they have Cheat Sheets, print them up and as players are picked, cross them off. You should always want to draft the highest ranked player, you don't have to worry about having 2 kickers or 2 Defenses or even 2 QBs, because you can always pick up players on the waiver wire, but hey, that's just one strategy. You want to fill your bench with as many RBs & WRs as possible...PERIOD! Get familiar with who's starting and who's their back up. Use the rankings from sites I sent you and Yahoo, KFFL.com, etc...Do a few Mock Drafts right on Yahoo if you have the time. Read as many articles on those sites as you can. On our League Page there's a section called Draft Central, in it you'll find a section called Draft Kit, there you can get your cheat sheets, review player rankings and read about different strategies.

Hope that helps!

The Yahoo Draft Room will have a chat screen there.

I'm still waiting on money from some people, not going to post who, you know who you are, no big deal, just send when you can.
How are u collecting payment? I need to pay.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #67
STuRTzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
How are u collecting payment? I need to pay.
"Please go ahead and Paypal the entry fee $20 using the Gift Option to kronix23@aol.com"

It has an option to do personal on where it says reason or something like that. Then click gift.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #68
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

I gotcha so there is no payment fee.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #69
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Drafted in one league. It was an auto-draft. Not too impressed with my roster. For the money, I'll make it count.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #70
STuRTzz

Im doing a mock draft right now. Pick kicker and D/ST as the last two meaning AFTER bench or last 2 of starting 10?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #71
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

No take the best kicker in round one and a top DST before round 5. Take running backs last 4-5 rounds.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #72
STuRTzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
No take the best kicker in round one and a top DST before round 5. Take running backs last 4-5 rounds.
You do that so we can all watch you win

I did a mock draft up to top 8 and they emailed me the whole list and number "14. Terrell Owens (Sea - WR) "

I think we all know that one is not going to work out....
Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #73
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
You do that so we can all watch you win

I did a mock draft up to top 8 and they emailed me the whole list and number "14. Terrell Owens (Sea - WR) "

I think we all know that one is not going to work out....
That's my advice to others. Not my draft strategy. Hey odd things happen. At work I'm in a 24 team salary cap league split into AFC NFC. Some one picked Cedric Benson with the 6th pick.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #74
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

For the newbies. Great roster. QB- D McNabb. RB- L. Tomlinson, Ricky Williams. WR- T.O., Ochocinco, Roy Williams. LOL. I love football. Best way to talk smack.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #75
BlAcK MaMbA SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS RS L99
Send a message via MSN to BlAcK MaMbA SS Send a message via Yahoo to BlAcK MaMbA SS
Finally draft day today!