Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
tshaulis

Drives: Summit White 2010 1SS/RS
engine noises

hey everyone, i've been having this chirping noise when i cold start my engine and also while im driving. i have searched around the web and from what i've seen it could be a number of things. they say it could be either accessory belt, alternator for some reason, pulleys, or the main serpentine belt. i have also seen someone post a bulletin from gm themselves about the noise and they say it's totally normal and that they advise just to leave it alone. well for me its getting really annoying and to me i know people can hear from outside especially when i accelerate and i know in their mind they are saying wow what a POS car. so if anyone has any advise please shoot it my way, thank you
tshaulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
FRANK121

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I had the chirping and it was the AC belt rubbing on the water pump. Dealer replaced the belt and all good now! Get it looked at asap, Dealer said if I would have let it go it could have rubbed a hole in the pump or broke the belt?

Oh, I my chirp would go away after 10 minutes or so and the Dealer said the belt would heat up and become softer and stop chirping. Either way not good!
6 Speed Automatic
Whipple 2.9L
LS3 Conversion
ARH LT Headers and X-Pipe
GMMP Axle Backs
Yank 2800 Stall
RotoFab CAI
RX Performance Catch Can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
Built by C.B.I. Streetcars
Tuned By DSX Tuning
GM Quarter Flares
Camaro Floor Mats
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
tshaulis

Drives: Summit White 2010 1SS/RS
ok thank you, it has seemed to go away for now even on cold starts, i dont know what happened but i will have it checked out
tshaulis is offline   Reply With Quote