Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #26
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Do these look like a "5". I guess they could be, but since this is a Camaro website, that thought never came into my mind. Every time I look at Emblem Pros website and see the emblems in question, I always think "SS". If it was me, I would have just went with an "SS" badge vs a "2SS" badge. My question to the OP, and I ask with the upmost respect.....you saw what you were going to buy before you bought it, so you knew what you would be receiving. If the color had been wrong, or they sprang a new design on you, then in that case, you should be pissed off.

I'm having issues of my own with tires, so all I can say is I hope this works out for you
Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #27
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
That was a fun read.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #28
2Carats
bock-bock-doodle-atta-dee

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Location: Way down younder near the hico-uh hico-uh, the cottonwo-uh, the eucalyptus tree, crambone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81106 View Post
That was a fun read.
I agree

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #29
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Do these look like a "5". I guess they could be, but since this is a Camaro website, that thought never came into my mind. Every time I look at Emblem Pros website and see the emblems in question, I always think "SS". If it was me, I would have just went with an "SS" badge vs a "2SS" badge. My question to the OP, and I ask with the upmost respect.....you saw what you were going to buy before you bought it, so you knew what you would be receiving. If the color had been wrong, or they sprang a new design on you, then in that case, you should be pissed off.

I'm having issues of my own with tires, so all I can say is I hope this works out for you
I'm not mad in the least to be totally honest. I did buy the product and did not want them changed, for myself, or refunded or anything having to do with the ones I bought. I bought them and yes I made that mistake. I just wanted to point out a potential problem for the company, which as you can read didn't go the way I thought it would. All is well in my world I assure you. Lesson learned!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #30
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81106 View Post
That was a fun read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
I agree

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk
I'm glad you both liked it, lol. People never cease to amaze!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post

Bingo! Which is why I wanted to try and help Emblempros possible issues in the future. Again, lesson learned.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
5eriou5ly, guy5. Thi5 i5 5illy. Thank5 for the 5upport.

PS: GO BIG BLUE!!---UK
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #33
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
1) No one lied about anything. These are GM approved for being right.

2) No one bad mouthed you. No one even knows your name, but me.
Nothing was ever said about you personlly at all.

3) Here is your threat, that you deny saying. It is straight from your email.
"I was initially going to post in the Camaro5 forums but that didn't seem right, but then again I think it's good for people to know my story if they're thinking of buying those emblems, if they will stay the same.

So. if I do not change the design, you will just do what you threatened to do. Which you did. So your are correct it is no longer a threat, it has been done. Do I need to notify the moderators? Now I think I will anyway.

And frankly I do not need customers who under the disguise of being "friendly" threaten me to change an already GM approved part. It's not going to happen.

Thanks, Roger
In defense only:

I was only trying to inform this individual that he might(I was undecided at the time, happens to the best of us) see a post on the forums and that it would just be MY story and MY opinion on that one emblem, as stated in my email, clearly. It was to be viewed as my opinion on that particular emblem, nothing more, and in my mind to possibly provide some insight to others from someone that had purchased them(if they were the same and/or staying the same). Example: If I would have received an email from someone that said something to the effect "those emblems have in fact changed since your purchase", then I probably would not have posted here! Why? Because then the issue I have with the emblem would not be an issue any longer(no need to create a thread!) But instead, the response I received was deflective, TO ME, which made me want to get other's opinions on it. All of it resulted in this thread and me trying to get others' opinions. I tried to do that without mentioning anything to sway the outcome but the thread was never really given a chance IMO. If most people didn't agree they saw what I do then in my eyes it would have been over at that point.

All the relevant information is already in this thread! If I were to look at things from this individuals' perspective, threats have been made and carried out by everyone! I don't see it that way at all. I don't believe I made a threat and never will agree to it because it is just not the truth.

On a side not to anyone reading: Even though hard to believe at times, not everyone is out to get you.

To the MOD's, if you need any further explanations, or anything for that matter, please feel free to contact me in any way you wish.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #34
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Apparently we are going to have a daily bump on this thread

Most if not all, did not agree with you.
You threatened, and tried public coercion. It failed.

You have had your say repeatedly here, and if you want to keep bumping it go ahead, if that is how you want to spend your time.

To sum up my thoughts on all of this: Again

1) We sell items on the site that are what we call stock items. This includes some items with a little customization. We cannot really alter these much. Simply because we have some long term customers, and have had some parts for sale for more than 9 years. If someone needs a replacement part, we have to be able to reproduce it exactly like the first time they bought it.
So, we do not change the stock designs unless there is some imperitave reason for doing so......Coercion is not a reason.

2) But, If you see a stock item on our site and want it made to your specific needs or wants, I will be more than happy to accomodate what you want within our fabrication abilities.
As a one off or custom item, I have absolutely no issues doing that for anyone. I have done it many times over the years. Many times for members on this forum. Way too many to even count.

Thanks, Roger
Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #35
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss My SS View Post

PS: GO BIG BLUE!!---UK
Yes Sir!: Kentucky all the way......thumbup:

Last edited by dragonZ28; 08-21-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #36
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread