Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #26
Parabolica
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA.
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ralph View Post
Well, I do not have anything to hide from the Camaro5 guys!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ralph View Post
PMed you all my setup info!

Parabolica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #27
Phat Ralph
 
Phat Ralph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd Synergy
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
Persistent!





Here you go.......
  • Wheel and tire package details: Nitto NT-01 275/40R18 100AA, on TSW 18x9.5 wheels
  • Detailed list of powertrain modifications: Borla Atak Cat-back & CAI w/race scoop, DSS 1000hp Road Race axles
  • Detailed list of all suspension modifications: Pedder’s XA’s set 23F & 25R, 5mm preload on all springs. Front – Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Steering Rack bushing, Caster Eccentrics. Rear – LCA Bushings. Hotchkis Chassis Brace and Strut Bar.
  • Current Alignment specifications:
Front: Caster Maxed out at 7.3
Camber is -1.9
Toe is total -.250
Rear: Camber was at -2.0 now just changed to -1.1
Toe is total +.125
  • Corner weights
Front = 1851 Left=973 Right=878
Rear = 1859 Left=938 Right=921

Total = 3710
  • Ride Heights Pedder’s Style: 648mm Front & 653 Rear, measured using 20" wheels.
  • Sway bar sizes and setting if adjustable: Pedder’s 27mm front on short/stiff setting with adjustable endlinks and Pedder’s ZL1 32mm rear bar with 10mm of thread showing on top.
  • RWHP: Stock at about 370rwhp
  • Brake Package including fluid and pad details: Stock with Pedder’s SS lines, HAWK DTC-60 Front, DTC-30 Rear, Motul 600 Fluid, Stock cheap rotors.
__________________
2011 Camaro RS/SS Synergy - (Pedders Xa's Coilovers, ZL1 Sways, SS Brake Lines & Bushings), Hotchkis Chassis Brace & Strut Bar, DSS 1000hp Road Race Axles, Nitto NT-01's, TSW Wheels, ADM CAI, Borla ATAK, HAWK, Granatelli Rotors, Barton Shifter, Tick Performance Clutch Line, MRS Exhaust Tips, Elite Catch Can.
Phat Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,144
I'll get a detailed reply up later today.
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Quote:
Pedder’s 27mm front on short/stiff setting with adjustable endlinks
If you change this to full soft setting you'll be amazed. Mine was neutral (middle hole) and it was suggested to go full soft by Rob@Wretched after he drove my car on the autox.

... and I'm interested in the 18s your running. Did you have any problems clearing the front hub where the strut attaches? I have the stock LT wheels and I know if I tried to go wider (without knowing offsets) I'd have to file that little nub off.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #30
Phat Ralph
 
Phat Ralph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd Synergy
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I'll get a detailed reply up later today.
Don't let the cat out of the bag!
__________________
2011 Camaro RS/SS Synergy - (Pedders Xa's Coilovers, ZL1 Sways, SS Brake Lines & Bushings), Hotchkis Chassis Brace & Strut Bar, DSS 1000hp Road Race Axles, Nitto NT-01's, TSW Wheels, ADM CAI, Borla ATAK, HAWK, Granatelli Rotors, Barton Shifter, Tick Performance Clutch Line, MRS Exhaust Tips, Elite Catch Can.
Phat Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #31
Phat Ralph
 
Phat Ralph's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd Synergy
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
If you change this to full soft setting you'll be amazed. Mine was neutral (middle hole) and it was suggested to go full soft by Rob@Wretched after he drove my car on the autox.

... and I'm interested in the 18s your running. Did you have any problems clearing the front hub where the strut attaches? I have the stock LT wheels and I know if I tried to go wider (without knowing offsets) I'd have to file that little nub off.
As for the the swaybar I have experemented with all settings and the stiff setting felt best for me on road courses with my current setup. May play with it again this weekend....

As for the wheels not problems clearing the brakes. There is an issue with the spindle knuckle at the top. A little grinding and you are good. You just need to be aware of where you place you wheel weights. I like the 35mm offest as this tucks the tire inside the wheel well. Because when running R compund tires they pick up a lot of debris after a session. All this gets thrown back onto the car when you go out for another session.

I like the tire options with the 18" wheel setup. Now if I had more HP that may be a different view.
__________________
2011 Camaro RS/SS Synergy - (Pedders Xa's Coilovers, ZL1 Sways, SS Brake Lines & Bushings), Hotchkis Chassis Brace & Strut Bar, DSS 1000hp Road Race Axles, Nitto NT-01's, TSW Wheels, ADM CAI, Borla ATAK, HAWK, Granatelli Rotors, Barton Shifter, Tick Performance Clutch Line, MRS Exhaust Tips, Elite Catch Can.
Phat Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #32
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,382
Thanks!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #33
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ralph View Post
Don't let the cat out of the bag!
Oooops.

__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #34
Parabolica
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA.
Posts: 309
Thanks.

I'm curious though. Why do you have to run the front sway bar full soft? Knowing the Camaro understeers, why aren't the sway bars designed to be neutral? That is, why are they not designed to run in the medium position (F & R) so people have wiggle room depending on tires, setup (pressures, shock valving, preload, weight bias etc), driving style etc? If it's recommended to run the bar at it's minimum setting, is it not too much bar to begin with?
Parabolica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #35
SinisterEcho


 
SinisterEcho's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arvada, Co
Posts: 9,974
Cant wait to see Pete's response!
__________________
My Mod Journal <-- Its updated... again!
SinisterEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,144
If you want to max out the bars you run them in full soft front and full hard rear. That does not mean you'll always want to run them that way. It may be great for the road course in May, but not so desirable in the fall or winter when the grip of your tires drops with the the ambient temp. There are any number of reasons you would want to tune your bars to a course, to your tires, with various alignment configurations, wheels and tires, driving style...
__________________
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #37
Parabolica
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA.
Posts: 309
I forgot Pete is running a wider, stickier tire than stock. It makes sense with those tires, a softer setting would be required over someone running the stock tires.
Parabolica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #38
jeremywes
 
jeremywes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 502
I haven't read through the entire thread but I would think that once your car is corner balanced the adjustements you want to make would be handled by increasing or decreasing the dampening.
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
jeremywes
 
jeremywes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ralph View Post
Persistent!







Here you go.......
  • Wheel and tire package details: Nitto NT-01 275/40R18 100AA, on TSW 18x9.5 wheels
  • Detailed list of powertrain modifications: Borla Atak Cat-back & CAI w/race scoop, DSS 1000hp Road Race axles
  • Detailed list of all suspension modifications: Pedder’s XA’s set 23F & 25R, 5mm preload on all springs. Front – Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Steering Rack bushing, Caster Eccentrics. Rear – LCA Bushings. Hotchkis Chassis Brace and Strut Bar.
  • Current Alignment specifications:
Front: Caster Maxed out at 7.3
Camber is -1.9
Toe is total -.250
Rear: Camber was at -2.0 now just changed to -1.1


Toe is total +.125
  • Corner weights
Front = 1851 Left=973 Right=878
Rear = 1859 Left=938 Right=921



Total = 3710
  • Ride Heights Pedder’s Style: 648mm Front & 653 Rear, measured using 20" wheels.
  • Sway bar sizes and setting if adjustable: Pedder’s 27mm front on short/stiff setting with adjustable endlinks and Pedder’s ZL1 32mm rear bar with 10mm of thread showing on top.
  • RWHP: Stock at about 370rwhp
  • Brake Package including fluid and pad details: Stock with Pedder’s SS lines, HAWK DTC-60 Front, DTC-30 Rear, Motul 600 Fluid, Stock cheap rotors.
I'd like to do the same with the 18" track wheels because there are many more tire options. Are you running the same offset front and rear? If you can then rotating would get every last once of rubber out of your tires. Do you have any pics of the grinding that is necessary. Thanks Nice setup
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.