Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
anand0413
CamaroFan
 
anand0413's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mustang Or Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mongolia
Posts: 16
Question 2013 Camaro vs 2013 Ford Mustang

Hello Guys I Need A Little Bit Discussion About Camaro vs Mustang.

First, my country has little bit offroading road in the city.
so i dont know what car to choose, which one is have more "Ground Clearance".

Second, these 2 Convertible's top vert, is it low quality that some thief can get into the car easily?

Finally, If i going to buy Camaro Coupe it has poor outward invisiblity, i mean our country's roads are funky is it enough to see around(rearview, sideview, frontview) the car.

Which one is better for me be honest guys dont just say camaro camaro.
__________________


anand0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
ss04flores
2012 Camaro SS
 
ss04flores's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 545
This is a camaro website...what do you expect lol
__________________
_________________________
2012 IMB CAMARO SS
ss04flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
red70tvhs
Red
 
red70tvhs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 522
Ive driven both. As far as ground clearance im not sure... Im sure google can hook you up if ya wanna use that search engine. As far as performance they are extremely comparable on the GT and SS manual out of the box. Mustang has more visibility, by far. The Camaro is more comfortable in my opinion. I decided to hold out for the Camaro despite an incredible buy on a 13' GT Premium.
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
jmatero
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 61
Coming from a 2011 GT Premium, and about to order a 2013 Camaro:

The Mustang GT has the following advantages:
  1. Outward visibility is stellar.
  2. It feels very light and nimble.
  3. The motor feels and sounds amazing out of the box.
  4. The clutch is linear and smooth.
  5. Paint/clear coat very durable.

The Camaro SS has the following advantages:
  1. Motor and transmission are pretty bullet-proof (My 5.0 burns a quart a week since new and the Chinese Getrag transmission is garbage)
  2. Seats are more comfortable (Mustang doesn't have power recline...never feels right and I find myself adjusting it each ride)
  3. Independent rear suspension (Mustang solid rear end works well but bounces all over on highways)
  4. Resale is MUCH MUCH better than Mustang. The Mustang always has a $1000-3000 rebate and is heavily discounted on top of that but resale is abysmal.
jmatero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi
 
AdamEL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3 Victory Red
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,325
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
My best friend is the Finance Manager at our city's biggest Ford dealer, but I still bought a Camaro. I even worked there with him for a bit, so I got to drive plenty of those Mustangs. Camaro all the way.
__________________
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
anand0413
CamaroFan
 
anand0413's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mustang Or Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mongolia
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
Coming from a 2011 GT Premium, and about to order a 2013 Camaro:

The Mustang GT has the following advantages:
  1. Outward visibility is stellar.
  2. It feels very light and nimble.
  3. The motor feels and sounds amazing out of the box.
  4. The clutch is linear and smooth.
  5. Paint/clear coat very durable.

The Camaro SS has the following advantages:
  1. Motor and transmission are pretty bullet-proof (My 5.0 burns a quart a week since new and the Chinese Getrag transmission is garbage)
  2. Seats are more comfortable (Mustang doesn't have power recline...never feels right and I find myself adjusting it each ride)
  3. Independent rear suspension (Mustang solid rear end works well but bounces all over on highways)
  4. Resale is MUCH MUCH better than Mustang. The Mustang always has a $1000-3000 rebate and is heavily discounted on top of that but resale is abysmal.
thank you for your reply, but i think i am going to buy the 2LT Camaro Model or V6 Mustang Premium Model
__________________


anand0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
sprtplt
 
sprtplt's Avatar
 
Drives: Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
Coming from a 2011 GT Premium, and about to order a 2013 Camaro:
[*]Seats are more comfortable (Mustang doesn't have power recline...never feels right and I find myself adjusting it each ride)
[*]Resale is MUCH MUCH better than Mustang. The Mustang always has a $1000-3000 rebate and is heavily discounted on top of that but resale is abysmal.[/LIST]
good
But, with Mustang you can now get Recaros, that is huge.
bad
A huge problem with Mustang (in the US anyway) is insurance. They have a terrible loss rate and higher insurance.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
anand0413
CamaroFan
 
anand0413's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Mustang Or Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mongolia
Posts: 16
and 1 big problem is that when top is up, how noisy will it be around the car like other cars horning, people shouting and also MRT 2.0 exhaust?

and top's quality like easily get through the car by destroying the top easily?
sorry for too many questions
__________________


anand0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
caverman


 
caverman's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by anand0413 View Post
top's quality like easily get through the car by destroying the top easily?
sorry for too many questions
Any soft top convertible is going to be easily breached with a reasonable knife. Doesn't matter what make of car it is.

Back in high school my '69 had some speaker boxes sitting in the back seat because I didn't want to cut into the car. I used to lock the car all the time. That was until someone cut open my top, reached in to unlock it, and stole my speakers. Then I was not only out of speakers but now I had an expensive top to replace. From then on I didn't have any speaker boxes and I never locked my car.

If you're that concerned about it then don't get the convertible or add anti-theft measures like an alarm, steering wheel lock, kill switch.
__________________
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 08-20-2012 at 11:51 AM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,037
Not so sure Lo-Jac works in Mongolia!

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #11
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
Ive driven both. As far as ground clearance im not sure... Im sure google can hook you up if ya wanna use that search engine. As far as performance they are extremely comparable on the GT and SS manual out of the box. Mustang has more visibility, by far. The Camaro is more comfortable in my opinion. I decided to hold out for the Camaro despite an incredible buy on a 13' GT Premium.
I agree. GT has much better visibility, but the Camaro has much better seats and ride, even with the bigger wheels. If you're considering a convertible, the Mustang has been using the same system and body pretty much since 05 and all the bugs are worked out. The Camaro soft tops are still having issues.
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
Mister-Camaro
 
Mister-Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS L99
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 567
I think they're two incredible cars
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
Jayrcr3

 
Jayrcr3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chatham, Illinois
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-Camaro View Post
I think they're two incredible cars
I agree, I but I wouldn't tell a ford guy that. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
__________________
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by anand0413 View Post
Hello Guys I Need A Little Bit Discussion About Camaro vs Mustang.

First, my country has little bit offroading road in the city.
so i dont know what car to choose, which one is have more "Ground Clearance".

Second, these 2 Convertible's top vert, is it low quality that some thief can get into the car easily?

Finally, If i going to buy Camaro Coupe it has poor outward invisiblity, i mean our country's roads are funky is it enough to see around(rearview, sideview, frontview) the car.

Which one is better for me be honest guys dont just say camaro camaro.
Have you had a chance to check out the comparison guide?

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/compa...=&snType=model

This will show you a comparison between both vehicles.

Let us know what you think!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,008
The mustang has more ground clearance, but it's close. The live axle is better for offroading and will maintain the same ground clearance unlike IRS. Neither of these cars is a great off road vehicle.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
got adrenalin?
Cameo "Cammy" Car Camaro
 
got adrenalin?'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2LT/RS 45th 2012 Limited Escape
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: south of buffalo, New York
Posts: 156
I could have gotten an "A Plan" discount on a Mustang ... but got a Camaro =))
got adrenalin? is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.