Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Easton091

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Looking for pads with less brake dust and no squeaking

Read some of the topics and looks like Hawk ceramic produce less dust but still squeak. Any other people have luck with the Hawk or another brand? This is for a SS.
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
keep in mind that it is not always the pad material that squeaks, could be that nothing was put on the back of the pad when they were installed, this would cause the brakes to squeal, I would go with a quality ceramic pad, and a proper install.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Easton091

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Figures. Have about 3000 miles on my 11 and they have squeaked since day one. Odd thing is when im at speeds over 60mph and put a load on the left side, i can hear a squeak from front wheel even when im not on the brakes. Im guessing pad is moving around in caliper?
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
I did all my own brake work and the Racing brake ET 500 pads have been squeek free for me. Mine are clamping on RB rotors, but I see no reason they would not work great on stock rotors. I get some dust, but less than stock for sure. Give them a call.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote