Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
KrayzeCamaro
 
Drives: Camaro LT w/ RS Package White
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 7
Who would win in a race?

Hello I saw a BMW 535i in the streets the other day and I was wondering, who would win in a straight race. A BMW 535i or a Chevy Camaro LT. When I say straight I meen on the streets if they try to cut me off or race me.

Thanks
KrayzeCamaro is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
awfarley

 
awfarley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,034
IBTL
awfarley is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
KrayzeCamaro
 
Drives: Camaro LT w/ RS Package White
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 7
Okay thanks.


Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
KrayzeCamaro is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
KrayzeCamaro
 
Drives: Camaro LT w/ RS Package White
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LA
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzeCamaro
You meen LT right? and IB means I believe correct?


Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android



Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
KrayzeCamaro is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
DandDC09
 
DandDC09's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wichita KS
Posts: 491
The winner would win...
__________________
DandDC09 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
awfarley

 
awfarley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzeCamaro View Post
Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Sorry man, that means in before the lock. They lock street racing threads around here. I think you might have a chance at that race though. Check out the "Camaro vs." section. There are a lot of comparisons there,
awfarley is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 17,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandDC09 View Post
The winner would win...

AdamZ is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
az2ss
HMFIC
 
az2ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 183
in a 1/4 mile race on a track, you would get whooped by the 535i.
az2ss is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
DandDC09
 
DandDC09's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 Malibu
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wichita KS
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Sorry... I couldn't resist!
__________________
DandDC09 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #10
skipinminn
Chiquita
 
skipinminn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLOW 1 of Only 28
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mpls. Mn./Hudson,Wi.
Posts: 3,904
Past weeknd I'm behind this Mustang GT Pace Car VERT. So I toss it up to 5th and start to go past as I go to shift back to 6th I see him grab for the Stick and he hits is hard so I drop to 3rd and Kick it hard also as we go through the rest of the gears he never did catch me. Now I have read they have 435hp. I have CAI and headers and flowmasters with street tires . Was a good little run I know he's got to be lighter. And not a car in sight behind or in front. Doesn't make it right. But I just couldn't help myself.
__________________
We Choose not to Lose.

skipinminn is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
DayBreaker
 
DayBreaker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 impala SS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 152
Uh
Attached Images
   
__________________





DayBreaker is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,026
Do you guys not get a hint?

Rule #23. No street racing stories ...
__________________
SlingShot is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #13
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
The bank robber.
midnighter is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #14
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5
 
Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,308
Ibtl
K32 Camaro is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #15
squat

 
Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 1,018
People should be banned for a few hours for a post containing only 'IBTL', it adds nothing to the conversation, some people don't know what it means, and the OP probably doesn't know why the thread will be locked.

You could point out the rules and let the OP know about the Camaro vs section...
__________________
2011 Dodge Charger

Last edited by squat; 08-22-2012 at 11:24 PM.
squat is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
880
 
880's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
Past weeknd I'm behind this Mustang GT Pace Car VERT. So I toss it up to 5th and start to go past as I go to shift back to 6th I see him grab for the Stick and he hits is hard so I drop to 3rd and Kick it hard also as we go through the rest of the gears he never did catch me. Now I have read they have 435hp. I have CAI and headers and flowmasters with street tires . Was a good little run I know he's got to be lighter. And not a car in sight behind or in front. Doesn't make it right. But I just couldn't help myself.
So you went WOT from 3rd to 6th on the street?
__________________
880 is offline  
Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #17
the Bear Jew
 
the Bear Jew's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 73
Well. It is a german car
__________________
the Bear Jew is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #18
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5
 
Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
People should be banned for a few hours for a post containing only 'IBTL', it adds nothing to the conversation, some people don't know what it means, and the OP probably doesn't know why the thread will be locked.

You could point out the rules and let the OP know about the Camaro vs section...
Well that's a bit extreme. The reason has already been posted as to why it will be locked. and mine wasn't all caps, lol. ;P
K32 Camaro is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #19
Brandonmos
 
Brandonmos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: kansas/ miami
Posts: 325
535i takes the v6 by almost .4 tenths on the quarter consistently from what i could find on Beemer forums with a quick search. itll rape.
__________________
Killed so many water bottles that day...
Brandonmos is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #20
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Do you guys not get a hint?

Rule #23. No street racing stories ...
I got the hint, but I have to for a second.

Yeah, we all know it's wrong, but why is street racing so looked down on here? It's dangerous if you do it wrong, and alot of idiots do, but the track is also dangerous. And yeah, I know they have all the EMS crews and crap at the track but a fast enough impact and it's really not going to matter.

I just find it odd that almost every other car forum out there has a section for street racing stories and we all want to act like nobody does it and "OMG you're gonna die" when it comes to the subject.

I think we should remember that BEFORE the tracks existed, people raced on the street. It's happened ever since the second car was made.

Not all street racing is done Fast and Furious style.

At any rate, I don't condone it but I'm just saying acting like it doesn't happen and allowing it to be the elephant in the room just seems lame to me.
ShowSStopper is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #21
STW
 
STW's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 420
The sign says.....
STW is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
I got the hint, but I have to for a second.

Yeah, we all know it's wrong, but why is street racing so looked down on here? It's dangerous if you do it wrong, and alot of idiots do, but the track is also dangerous. And yeah, I know they have all the EMS crews and crap at the track but a fast enough impact and it's really not going to matter.

I just find it odd that almost every other car forum out there has a section for street racing stories and we all want to act like nobody does it and "OMG you're gonna die" when it comes to the subject.

I think we should remember that BEFORE the tracks existed, people raced on the street. It's happened ever since the second car was made.

Not all street racing is done Fast and Furious style.

At any rate, I don't condone it but I'm just saying acting like it doesn't happen and allowing it to be the elephant in the room just seems lame to me.

Street racing of any type is illegal, and is not condoned by this site. Also at a track it is legal, and there is much less risk to the general public. And any bystander that is hurt at a track, is there at their own free will in most cases.
__________________
SlingShot is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #23
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Street racing of any type is illegal, and is not condoned by this site. Also at a track it is legal, and there is much less risk to the general public. And any bystander that is hurt at a track, is there at their own free will in most cases.
Yeah, I know all about the first part of what you said. I disagree with the second part only because I have seen bad things happen at tracks that injured bystanders that I'm pretty sure weren't injured of their own free will.

And technically, street racing of any type is NOT illegal. You can race bikes, rollerblades, and many other things on the street and its perfectly legal.

I know I'm playing Devils advocate in a forum full of saints here, so I'm done with my rant.
ShowSStopper is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #24
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,099
The BMW would own you.

But I've raced a three series at the drag strip and won more than once.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline  
Old 08-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #25
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,092
Oh,, and to the original question: the BMW wins it.
ShowSStopper is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.