Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

USA - Texas Lone Star State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
Texas in 8 months!!!!

So I am moving to Houston, Friendswood to be exact!!! Excited to get away from vegas! Is there anything I should know about what I can and can't do to my Camaro!? I was just there about 3 days ago and boy was I impressed with the people and the economy! Houses were hella cheap! I loved it! I know 8 months seems far but 17 years in vegas is enough! :happy anim:: happyanim:
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 BMW M5/13 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 730
Find me when you get here.
__________________
2013 ZL1
2013 BMW M5
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
X-Factor
H-Town Camaro Club
 
X-Factor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: H-Town
Posts: 323
You can pretty much do anything to your ride here in Texas! Check out our club when you get here, we'd love to meet you! www.h-towncamaroclub.com
__________________
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 2,692
Great Club ,and always something to do...Looking forward to see you
__________________

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
I'm mucking excited!!!!!!! I can't wait to get there, I will Def hit all of you guys up for some fun!
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
X-Factor
H-Town Camaro Club
 
X-Factor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: H-Town
Posts: 323
Awesome!

Sent from my New and Improved Phablet!
__________________
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #7
LEO1LE
 
LEO1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/1LE Victory Red
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 82
Friendswood is a great area, you'll enjoy it.
__________________
2013 SS/1LE
LEO1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
EOD_Tech Infidel
 
EOD_Tech Infidel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GS Corvette, 1990 IROC-Z
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 36
I litterally just moved to Friendswood from Las Vegas. You will love it here. I was lucky to get a transfer with the Air Force for my job.
EOD_Tech Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #9
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
I can't wait!!!!
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
12TX2SS
 
Drives: 2012 2SS
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
welcome to Htown when u get here! We have stock cars,then we have "Houston Stock" cars which consist of cai,headers, tune, etc. So if you ask someone whats done and they say Houston Stock you know why!
12TX2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #11
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
Love the lingo!!! I was going to get a tune and headers here but I'll just wait till I get out there!!!
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #12
hot_rod

 
hot_rod's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreker View Post
Love the lingo!!! ........
A few things ya otta know before moving here.......

I have posted this before ...stuff about moving to Texas.....

So hold on!!!!

Texas is full, there are no vacancies.

...in case your thinking about coming anyway....
__________________
Better give some further thoughts to scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, crazy ants, ****roaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, love bugs, swarming crickets, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, dust storms, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions

....and yep, everything is a little different in Texas.....for example did ya know.....

The armadillo is known as 'possum on the half-shell'...

1.A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in Texas.
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in Texas, plus a couple no one's seen before.
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5. 'Onced' and 'Twiced' are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.
7. 'Jaw-P?' means 'Did ya'll go to the bathroom?'
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. 'Fixinto' is one word.
10. There is no such thing as 'lunch'. There is only dinner and then there is supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar.
12. Backwards and forwards means 'I know everything about you.'
13. The word 'jeet' is actually a phrase meaning 'Did you eat?'.
14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.
16. 'No. Jew?' is a common response to the question 'Did you bring any beer?'.
17. You measure distance in minutes.
18. You switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
19. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
20. You know what a 'DAWG' is.
21. You carry jumper cables in your truck --- for your OWN truck.
22. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco and Ketchup.
23. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and high school football
24. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
25. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a bit warm'.
26. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
27. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as 'goin' Wal-Martin' or 'off to Wally World'.
28. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather.
29. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
30. We don't need no dang driver's ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive, dag-nabbit.

Radio station had a contest a while back, asked "....what's the most popular bumper sticker?"



First place was a tie:
  • "Welcome to Austin now go home"
  • "If you love New York then get your ass out of Texas"
Last but not least the official Texas motto....

"Don't Mess with Texas."
__________________

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:25 AM   #13
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes
 
HollyVenus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pearland
Posts: 565
we will be neighbors, pretty much anything goes here...

look forward to seeing you around... Friendswood is a nice area! H-towncamaroclub is a great group of guys and gals. and maybe we will see you on the border of Pealand and friends wood at the Lowes "pearwood" as we call it!
__________________
HollyVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #14
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes
 
HollyVenus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pearland
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_rod View Post
A few things ya otta know before moving here.......

I have posted this before ...stuff about moving to Texas.....

So hold on!!!!

Texas is full, there are no vacancies.

...in case your thinking about coming anyway....
__________________
Better give some further thoughts to scorpions, rattlesnakes, fire ants, crazy ants, ****roaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, love bugs, swarming crickets, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, dust storms, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions

....and yep, everything is a little different in Texas.....for example did ya know.....

The armadillo is known as 'possum on the half-shell'...

1.A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in Texas.
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in Texas, plus a couple no one's seen before.
4. If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.
5. 'Onced' and 'Twiced' are words.
6. It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.
7. 'Jaw-P?' means 'Did ya'll go to the bathroom?'
8. People actually grow and eat okra.
9. 'Fixinto' is one word.
10. There is no such thing as 'lunch'. There is only dinner and then there is supper.
11. Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar.
12. Backwards and forwards means 'I know everything about you.'
13. The word 'jeet' is actually a phrase meaning 'Did you eat?'.
14. You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
15. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH em.
16. 'No. Jew?' is a common response to the question 'Did you bring any beer?'.
17. You measure distance in minutes.
18. You switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
19. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
20. You know what a 'DAWG' is.
21. You carry jumper cables in your truck --- for your OWN truck.
22. You only own five spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, Tabasco and Ketchup.
23. The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and high school football
24. You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
25. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a bit warm'.
26. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
27. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite past time known as 'goin' Wal-Martin' or 'off to Wally World'.
28. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather.
29. Fried catfish is the other white meat.
30. We don't need no dang driver's ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive, dag-nabbit.

Radio station had a contest a while back, asked "....what's the most popular bumper sticker?"



First place was a tie:
  • "Welcome to Austin now go home"
  • "If you love New York then get your ass out of Texas"
Last but not least the official Texas motto....

"Don't Mess with Texas."




this was great!!!

don't forget Ya'll is one person, two people or a who;e group of People.
Over Yonder - means over there.
In Texas Everything is bigger!
The blue bonnets are pretty but don't you dare pick them from a yard.
The "skeeters" are prehistoric sized!
you may be used to hot.... but let me tell ya this is way different, its like getting sucker punched in the face when you walk out doors!
__________________
HollyVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #15
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post


this was great!!!

don't forget Ya'll is one person, two people or a who;e group of People.
Over Yonder - means over there.
In Texas Everything is bigger!
The blue bonnets are pretty but don't you dare pick them from a yard.
The "skeeters" are prehistoric sized!
you may be used to hot.... but let me tell ya this is way different, its like getting sucker punched in the face when you walk out doors!


That was all awesome!!!!!!!! We pretty much have all that here, but they are people!!! Lol...... what does there are no vacancies here mean??? Is that a racial thing??.
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
we will be neighbors, pretty much anything goes here...

look forward to seeing you around... Friendswood is a nice area! H-towncamaroclub is a great group of guys and gals. and maybe we will see you on the border of Pealand and friends wood at the Lowes "pearwood" as we call it!
Thanks...... I'm excited to leave vegas!!!! Time for a fresh state and life in another camaro club, cause the ones out here are all drama!! To old for that shit! Anyways...... I'm ready!!
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
X-Factor
H-Town Camaro Club
 
X-Factor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: H-Town
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreker View Post
Love the lingo!!! I was going to get a tune and headers here but I'll just wait till I get out there!!!
Well we have an AWESOME Tuner, Matt from Florida Speed and Power that comes to Houston every few months or so, and he is one of the best tuners in the business!! He tunes alot of our rides from our club, and we also have a gentleman that works on alot of our cars J-Rod6410 (he owns the BeaSST), along with other shops down here that could do work for ya. We have alot of choices down here! lol Foresure someone down here could hook ya up!!! We have the mod bug really bad down here....lol


Anyway, i love the list..... and don't forget... when you ask for a drink, you don't say "What kind of drink do you want", we say "Do you want a Coke?" Sure! What kind? Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Coke, Tea... etc.... lol
__________________
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #18
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Well we have an AWESOME Tuner, Matt from Florida Speed and Power that comes to Houston every few months or so, and he is one of the best tuners in the business!! He tunes alot of our rides from our club, and we also have a gentleman that works on alot of our cars J-Rod6410 (he owns the BeaSST), along with other shops down here that could do work for ya. We have alot of choices down here! lol Foresure someone down here could hook ya up!!! We have the mod bug really bad down here....lol


Anyway, i love the list..... and don't forget... when you ask for a drink, you don't say "What kind of drink do you want", we say "Do you want a Coke?" Sure! What kind? Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Coke, Tea... etc.... lol

Sweet!!!! I'm looking forward to hooking my ride up down there! love the "do you want a coke"
thing!!! Lololol....... well I can'twait to to meet new people and new rides! See Yall soon <<<<<< see already speaking the lingo!
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #19
shreker
 
shreker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas
Posts: 35
8 months can't come any sooner!!!!!!
shreker is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.