Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Talking After 6 years of waiting, an order is finally placed!

I finally placed my order for a 1LE!!!

Got a 2SS with the RS package, Crystal Red Tintcoat, and dual-mode exhaust. And now we play the waiting game...

I've wanted a Camaro since I saw the concept 6 years ago and it feels GREAT that I'll be an owner of one in just a few more months! It still hasn't quite set in that I just placed an order for my dream car, maybe it will tomorrow morning. Either way, I'm extremely excited and can't wait to have this car. Thanks to Team Chevy and Team Camaro for putting together such an awesome car as the 1LE!
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
YelloSS
 
YelloSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 28
Big Congrats!
YelloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloSS View Post
Big Congrats!
Thanks!
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Juiced1
JUICED MOTORSPORTS

 
Juiced1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: IL
Posts: 11,349
Cool ride. Love the 1LE
__________________
Get more Power per Dollar!!!! We carry all the hot new products for your 5th gen! CAI, Roto-Fab, Solo, Corsa, MBRP, ARH, Stainless Works, MRT, SLP, Procharger, Whipple, BMR, Diablosport, Superchips, Street Scene, VFN Fiberglass and much more. Contact us for your Camaro5 discount today!
Call us at 224-63-JUICE - 224-400-5793
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
Nick S

 
Nick S's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Verona, WI
Posts: 970
Congrats!!
I am still debating on trading in my 2011 SS for a 1LE. I'd like to order my 5th gen since I have never ordered any of my cars outright. I found my 2011 SGM used so I had to accept a few options I would not have ordered (Sun Roof mainly).
If you think you are smiling now...wait unitl you drive it home!! Then as everyone says the Permagrin takes hold!!
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
I finally placed my order for a 1LE!!!

Got a 2SS with the RS package, Crystal Red Tintcoat, and dual-mode exhaust. And now we play the waiting game...

I've wanted a Camaro since I saw the concept 6 years ago and it feels GREAT that I'll be an owner of one in just a few more months! It still hasn't quite set in that I just placed an order for my dream car, maybe it will tomorrow morning. Either way, I'm extremely excited and can't wait to have this car. Thanks to Team Chevy and Team Camaro for putting together such an awesome car as the 1LE!
Really stoked for you bro, cause I've been in the same boat except I still have to wait another 6 months to put in my order(enough of a down payment) and I'm going to order the exact same order as you have Looking forward to hearing your progress in the coming months.
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,694
Congrats. Looking foward to seeing a CRT 1LE. Should look pretty awesome.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Congrats!!

and I thought I had a long wait

Post pics when you get it.
__________________
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
numbr3t
 
Drives: Waiting...
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 58
Awesome, that's the car I want soooo bad. Whats the price on that? I'm going to hurry up and pay my truck off so I can get one.
numbr3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,067
Unlike the OP I've never been crazed over buying the Gen5 Camaro. It's gown on me a little at a time over the years and as soon as I saw the 1LE...I was intrigued. Further research as it was released made me commit and get all giddy like a little girl :P

Congrats OP! Love your excitement. The last couple of days before delivery are going to be absolutely sleepless!
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Congrats!!
I am still debating on trading in my 2011 SS for a 1LE. I'd like to order my 5th gen since I have never ordered any of my cars outright. I found my 2011 SGM used so I had to accept a few options I would not have ordered (Sun Roof mainly).
If you think you are smiling now...wait unitl you drive it home!! Then as everyone says the Permagrin takes hold!!
Haha yeah, I'm sure driving it home is gonna be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Really stoked for you bro, cause I've been in the same boat except I still have to wait another 6 months to put in my order(enough of a down payment) and I'm going to order the exact same order as you have Looking forward to hearing your progress in the coming months.
Thanks! I'll definitely keep everyone posted on my progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Congrats. Looking foward to seeing a CRT 1LE. Should look pretty awesome.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Congrats!!

and I thought I had a long wait

Post pics when you get it.
Don't worry, there will be a LOT of pictures uploaded when she first gets home haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbr3t View Post
Awesome, that's the car I want soooo bad. Whats the price on that? I'm going to hurry up and pay my truck off so I can get one.
Before NJ state taxes, it was a little under $42k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Unlike the OP I've never been crazed over buying the Gen5 Camaro. It's gown on me a little at a time over the years and as soon as I saw the 1LE...I was intrigued. Further research as it was released made me commit and get all giddy like a little girl :P

Congrats OP! Love your excitement. The last couple of days before delivery are going to be absolutely sleepless!
Thanks! And last night was pretty sleepless too because of the adrenaline and excitement for finally getting this order in haha! I'm sure I'll have a lot of those nights within the next few months though.

Thanks again, everyone!
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,067
I might have a buddy come with me for pick up and film the whole thing. Driving there; watching the excitement build; pulling up and finding it on the lot; watching me faint as I get the keys handed to me; giggling like a lil sissy just before I turn the key for the first time; nutting in my pants as I rasp the exhaust and hear the snort as the dual mode valve opens up and comes to life. :P
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,213
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
Birm



 
Birm's Avatar
 
Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pinellas Park, FL
Posts: 3,183
Congrats bro
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Blackburn023
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nice
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 2
Big Congrats!
Blackburn023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Finally got a TPW of 10/15

It's a little later than I would've liked, but there's not much I can do about it Now I just have to sit back, wait, and hope that we have a late/mild/warm winter up here in NJ
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
z28pat
 
Drives: 2002
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 29
How exciting, congrats!
I hope to be ordering one as well as my last new car was my 02 z28,
I was hoping for a z28 but this 1le looks like the way to go for me.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
DanSS24

 
DanSS24's Avatar
 
Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 808
Posts: 897
signature
avatar
confirmed order - priceless
__________________
I'd rather chase speeders and bad guys with a Z/28 than my R/T Charger
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
Finally got a TPW of 10/15

It's a little later than I would've liked, but there's not much I can do about it Now I just have to sit back, wait, and hope that we have a late/mild/warm winter up here in NJ
Sorry for my ignorance but was is a TPW?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Sorry for my ignorance but was is a TPW?
No worries, it stands for Target Production Week, the week that the car will be built
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
signature
avatar
confirmed order - priceless
Haha thanks!! I'm liking the white 1LE btw, looks sick without the RS package too!
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
No worries, it stands for Target Production Week, the week that the car will be built
Oh ok Thanks... So if that's production week.when can.u expect delivery..? How how did u find out about that TPW? I'm.asking cause I also ordered the 1LE 2SS RS inferno Orange and kast tike I checked my order number was at 3000, and I placed the preliminary order on 8/18/2012
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,589
Do u Guys think the dual exhaust mode from GM is better than an aftermarket exhaust i haven't decided if I should get it or just wait and get Borlas ATAK
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Oh ok Thanks... So if that's production week.when can.u expect delivery..? How how did u find out about that TPW? I'm.asking cause I also ordered the 1LE 2SS RS inferno Orange and kast tike I checked my order number was at 3000, and I placed the preliminary order on 8/18/2012
I asked Becky in the thread below, if you post your order # she'll be able to give you the most up-to-date status on your order

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...1115&page=1575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Do u Guys think the dual exhaust mode from GM is better than an aftermarket exhaust i haven't decided if I should get it or just wait and get Borlas ATAK
I ordered the dual-mode exhaust because I loved the way it sounds. The Borla ATAK does sound pretty badass too, though. I guess it really just comes down to personal preference.
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #25
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 TT IOM 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South NJ
Posts: 3,116
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
I asked Becky in the thread below, if you post your order # she'll be able to give you the most up-to-date status on your order

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...1115&page=1575

I ordered the dual-mode exhaust because I loved the way it sounds. The Borla ATAK does sound pretty badass too, though. I guess it really just comes down to personal preference.
Does the DM option still include those heavy, giant, ugly SS cans?

I wonder if you get DM and later install LTs and an axle back to get rid of those cans?

That would save weight at both ends.
__________________
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.