Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

Old 08-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Iron Maiden

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Talking Rate my Fantasy Football Draft - 10 man league

Just got done drafting in a $50, 10 man live draft league. I got number one pick! Cant remember the last time that happened. I think it turned out pretty well. Let me know what you think.

Structure: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K
10 rush yds, 10 rec yds, 25 pass yds = 1 point
Rush, Rcv TDs = 6, Pass TD= 4
Fumble -1 or 2 (cant remember), Pick -1
Standard Def point structure

1 (1) Arian Foster RB-Texans
2 (20) Jimmy Graham TE-Saints
3 (21) AJ Green WR-Bengals
4 (40) Steven Jackson RB-Rams
5 (41) Jordy Nelson WR-Packers
6 (60) Reggie Wayne WR-Colts
7 (61) Matt Ryan QB-Falcons
8 (80) Titus Young WR-Lions
9 (81) Doug Martin RB-Bucs (R)
10(100) Giants Defense
11(101) Ben Tate RB-Texans
12(120) Andy Dalton QB-Bengals
13(121) Greg Little WR-Browns
14(140) Matt Bryant K-Falcons
15(141) Steven Ridley RB-Patriots

Any suggestions, improvement areas?

My thoughts - I think I reached a bit for AJ Green and Reggie Wayne. I am thrilled with Steven Jackson falling to me at the END of round 4. I maybe could have waited a bit for the Ben Tate handcuff, but I didnt want to chance it. Titus Young is the only WR that isnt number one on his team, but I still feel uneasy about my WRs for the most part. The string of defenses started to roll at pick 82, so Giants was pretty much it that was left at pick 100. They have a strong front 7, so I think that will be enough to cause turnovers which = fantasy points. I took Graham pretty high, but not unreasonable I dont think. He had 1300 rec yrds and 11 TDs last year. Gronkowski was still on the board, and it was a tossup between those 2, but I think with the Lloyd addition and a healthy Hernandez, Gronks numbers cannot sustain the level of epicness that was 2011. Ryan was a decent pickup in round 7. He has been more than solid in preseason, and he has weapons all around him. Julio is gonna explode this year.

There arent a lot of free agent sleepers left. Cedric Benson went undrafted. IDK if he is an upgrade over my other 2 backups though.
Iron Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
AJ Green was not a reach. He's ranked in the top 5-10 wrs from almost every professional analyst.

Doug Martin lasting until round 9 is a STEAL. Every mock draft I've done has him gone in before R3.

Graham is about average. Again in all the mock drafts and one real draft I did, Graham didn't make it to pick 15.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
BumbleBeeSS2009

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

1 (1) Arian Foster RB-Texans
2 (20) Jimmy Graham TE-Saints
3 (21) AJ Green WR-Bengals
4 (40) Steven Jackson RB-Rams
5 (41) Jordy Nelson WR-Packers
6 (60) Reggie Wayne WR-Colts
7 (61) Matt Ryan QB-Falcons
8 (80) Titus Young WR-Lions
9 (81) Doug Martin RB-Bucs (R)
10(100) Giants Defense
11(101) Ben Tate RB-Texans
12(120) Andy Dalton QB-Bengals
13(121) Greg Little WR-Browns
14(140) Matt Bryant K-Falcons
15(141) Steven Ridley RB-Patriots
Foster is a Beast - totally agree with the #1 overall pick... he fell to me at #4 in my league last night

Graham/Green back to back great - Green is going to be a monster and I have Graham as a #1 TE - Gronk is not going to repeat his season....

S. Jax - eh... think he's on his last legs and I think this is the year they really start to work Pead into the mix

Nelson might turn out to be a boom/bust pick at 41 - dont know if he's going to put up the same numbers as last year but should still be a quality #2/3 WR

R. Wayne is all the colts have left lol... should have some decent weeks but I dont expect a whole lot from him this year...

M.Ryan - for where you got him looks like a quality pick...

T. Young - eh... so/so Im not sold on him - I think Burleson will eat into his share too much... UNLESS the madden curse holds true this year and Megatron goes down...

D. Martin - #81?! Hands down your best pick... he's unproven (R) but he's going to be starting and Blount cant stay healthy anyway - HUGE upside with this pick.... I think he's going to be a top 12 RB this year...

Giants D - who else was available at this time? Not thrilled with the pick - especially in a 10 team league... I dont have them ranked as a top 10 unit... but I dont know if anyone was drafting 2/3 DEFs - in my league we had a couple people who were drafting 2 DEFs so I dont know who was off the board already...

Tate - nice handcuff but too early imo

Dalton is a nice value pick where you got him- quality #2 QB for a bye week replacement

G. Little - GREAT pick - especially later in the draft - dont think he's going to put up HUGE numbers but he's developed a good rappot with Weeden and if Richardson works out he might put up some decent numbers... great #3/Flex bye week replacement

S. Ridley - for where you got him I guess its ok... I dont like any of the NE/CAR/WASH Running backs - too crowded...

Who's on your waiver wire? I would look into maybe replacing Ridley for a bigger risk/reward pick:

Ronnie Brown looks like a good pick at least for the early weeks until Mathews comes back (dont think he's back prior to week 3 - regardless of what he says, he's going to need time to get up to speed)- Oak and Ten are SD's first 2 games - could be high upside there...

Ced Ben could be dangerous in Green Bay - he put up 1000 yds with Cincy... think he'll do well in GB - considering Starks hasnt done much and might even get released... anyone remember Ryan Grant a couple years back (2008/2009) - I think those are the numbers are what we're going to see from Benson - 1200/6TDS

Ryan Williams in Arizona might surprise a lot of people - Beanie has trouble staying healthy... could be the sleeper pick of 2012.... He'll be starting by mid season

For the #1 pick you got a lot of quality guys - think you'll do good - Im not a big fan of the #1 pick cause 19 players come off the board before your next pick but I feel you did really good with Foster/Green/Graham - #1 RB/#1TE/Top 5 WR - great core.... Martin was an absolute STEAL - well done!

#52325 Delivered 11/07/2009
BumbleBeeSS2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
BumbleBeeSS2009

Rate my FF Draft

12 Team PPR League

Scoring:
1pt/20yds Passing
6pt TD
-2 Int
+10 bonus for 300 yds
+10 bonus for 400 yds

1pt/10yds Rushing
6pt TD
+10 bonus for 100yds
+10 bonus for 200yds
-2 Fumble LOST

1pt/Reception
1pt/10yds receiving
6 points TD
+10 bonus for 100yds
+10 bonus for 200yds

standard scoring for DEF and K

Start: QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 DEF

I drafted 4th overall:

A. Foster RB HOU (4)
A.J. Green WR CIN (21)
T. Romo QB DAL (28)
F. Gore RB SF (45)
E. Decker WR DEN (52)
J. Blackmon WR JAX (69)
C. Benson RB GB (76)
R. Brown RB SD (93)
J. Tamme TE DEN (100)
N. Washington WR TEN (117)
I . Redman RB PIT (124)
N. Burleson WR DET (141)
R. Williams RB ARI(148)
Cowboys (165)
S. Bradford QB STL (172)
R. Jennings RB JAX (189)
R. Bullock K HOU (196)

Key notes: Romo was a big reach in the 3rd but there were already 7 QBs off the board - 4 in the first, 3 in the 2nd - after I picked him Ryan, Roth, Rivers and Vick came off the board - which I expected was going to happen so if I dont think I reached too much...

Blackmon was a reach too but I see a lot of potential upside... was a tough choice between him/A.Brown/Meachem/Garcon/Boldin and at that point and I just went with a gut feeling of who has more upside..

I like the Tamme pick - 11 TEs were already off the board and people were starting to draft their backup TEs when I grabbed him....

Washington was a steal..with Britt out and facing suspension I think Nate's in for a big year....

Burleson I took cause I think Megatron falls victim to the Madden Curse this year...

I Took a LOT of risks with some upside early on:

R. Brown should be decent in weeks 1/2 - (Oak/Ten) after Mathews comes back Im hoping I can either stash him on the bench in case Mathews goes down or trade him to whoever drafted Mathews

Redman might be the man in Pittsburgh this year

Im hoping Benson puts up 1200/6 - similar to Grants numbers from 2008/2009 - He put up 1000 last year with Cincy and is playing with a chip on his shoulder

Ryan Williams will probably end up starting for the often injured Beanie Wells... Im predicting he's starting by week 6/7

Depending on what happens with MJD - Rashard Jennings may be the steal of the draft.....

Let me know what you guys think....

Old 08-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Big TDs
1. (1) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
2. (24) Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
3. (25) Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
4. (48) Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)
5. (49) Michael Vick (Phi - QB)
6. (72) Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
7. (73) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
8. (96) Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
9. (97) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
10. (120) Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
11. (121) New York (NYG - DEF)
12. (144) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
13. (145) Brandon LaFell (Car - WR)
14. (168) Matt Bryant (Atl - K)
15. (169) Frank Gore (SF - RB)
16. (192) Jerome Simpson (Min - WR)
17. (193) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)

Here is my draft from our keeper league that took place last night. I kept Frank Gore, SF DEF and Jimmy Graham at a 2 round penalty from where I drafted them the year before. I don't think I did bad, but my WR are lacking depth big time...
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I have no concept of ppr so I can't really comment on that, but how jennings and williams fell that far is beyond me.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Not bad...my league does an auction draft,($150 salary cap), little different point schedule and 13-man roster:
QB-Tom Brady $71
RB-MJ Drew $22
RB-CJ Spiller $2
RB-Toby Gerhart $1
RB-Peyton Hillis $.50
RB-Pierre Thomas $.50
WR-Randy Moss $16
WR-Steve Johnson $5
WR-Robert Meachem $2
WR-Greg Little $1
TE-Rob Gronkowski $22
K-David Aikers $3
DEF-Philadelphia $4

Must start 8...1 QB, 1 K, 1 DEF, and any combo of at least 1 WR and 1 RB + 3 more to fill the 8. Not required to start a TE, but with Gronk, who wouldn't!!!

Oh, and I won the Superbowl last year. Not with this exact team, but I did have Brady and Gronk running all season!!!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:21 AM   #8
LVDran

Drives: 2010 V6
My FFB Draft tonight!

I think I did well. Thoughts, comments and all smack talk welcome.

League is a 10 man PPR, 1 per 20 passing 1 per 10 rushing and receiving 4 pt passing td 6 pt rushing/receiving td. 1 point per reception and 1 point per 3 carries. I drafted 5th overall.

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex, 1 K, 1 DST.

1) Ray Rice (Top 4 speak for themselves)
2) Matt Forte
3) Julio Jones
4) AJ Green
5) Matt Ryan (Had 5 QBs come off the board round 1, and I didn't want to get stuck with Josh Freeman again lol... Maybe a bit early for Ryan but I like the J. Jones handcuff)
6) Antonio Brown (A lot of Wallace trade talks out there, if he goes, AB is #1, if not hes still solid. Plus always a threat for a punt return TD)
7) Jamaal Charles (was kinda surprised he fell this far, not a lot of faith in him out there and Hillis may steal carries)
8) Doug Martin (Possible sleeper of the season imo)
9) Torrey Smith (Not gonna bench Rice ever, but like the idea of having the best deep threat on the team handy against good run defenses)
10) Ravens (Defenses can actually get you some points in my league, and top 4 were already gone)
11) Garrett Hartley
12) Jermichael Finley (TEs aren't required in my league, but always a redzone threat)
13) Michael Bush (Matt Forte Handcuff)
14) Darrius Heyward-Bey
15) Andy Dalton (Possibly in for a good sophmore season, has good weapons, and I have AJ )
16) Rashard Mendenhall (Maybe he will get healthy? lol)

Admittedly this draft had a couple casual and new players. So some better players got pushed back a little farther than expected due to some random picks in the early and mid rounds. But all in all I think I did pretty well!
LVDran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
BumbleBeeSS2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDran View Post

1) Ray Rice (Top 4 speak for themselves)
2) Matt Forte
3) Julio Jones
4) AJ Green
5) Matt Ryan
6) Antonio Brown
7) Jamaal Charles
8) Doug Martin
9) Torrey Smith
10) Ravens
11) Garrett Hartley
12) Jermichael Finley
13) Michael Bush
14) Darrius Heyward-Bey
15) Andy Dalton
16) Rashard Mendenhall

this draft had a couple casual and new players. So some better players got pushed back a little farther than expected due to some random picks in the early and mid rounds. But all in all I think I did pretty well!

If you dont win your league there's something wrong...

Rice
Forte
Charles
Martin

C'mon thats just not fair.... Charles in the 7th?! Martin in the 8th! STARTING RBs dont last past the 4th round in all my leagues unless its someone like D. Brown (IND) or C. Benson (GB)

PS - Martin isnt a "sleeper" he's a starting RB and is getting drafted within the first 3 rounds in every draft (5) I've been in this year........ a "sleeper" is someone more like Ryan Williams from Arizona, Alfred Morris from Washington or maybe M. Leshoure from Detroit once he's done with his suspension...

J. Jones
A.J. Green
A. Brown
T. Smith

Solid, Solid, Solid WRs... A. Brown - eh... the other three I really like though!

Mendenhall's done... IMO... supposedly out September, it's gonna take time to get back into the swing of things.... they'll ease him back into the lineup - 10 carries here, 10 carries there... if Redman steps up and does good theres no reason for him to rush back... expect to see Mendenhall starting (maybe!) by the begining of November (Week 9) - he's not worth the roster spot - drop him and gamble on Redman or a true "sleeper"