Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
V6 RS for sale in Toronto.

Just got a call from a salesman at West York Chevrolet, they have a Victory Red V6 2LT/RS auto sitting on the showroom floor selling at full list which is $38,xxx

If it was a stick I wouldn't be posting this for you guys to read.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Too bad it is an auto.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
tededfred

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT!!
hah. These jokers called me too.

I asked them for a test drive, and they basically said no.

So earlier this week, I placed my order at Leggat Chevy on Rexdale blvd. Much more friendly and helpful (non-commission) sales people at that dealership. They have another 2LT auto coming in, and they were glad to allow me to test drive it when it arrives with the option of backing out of the deal if I don't like it (as if that will happen!).

There is certainly something to be said for treating the customer with a little respect.
tededfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tededfred View Post
Was it Jamal?
Old 06-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
SQUALO
Early Production "SS"

Drives: 2010 SS IOM/WHITE RALLYS.
Quote:

So earlier this week, I placed my order at Leggat Chevy on Rexdale blvd. Much more friendly and helpful (non-commission) sales people at that dealership. They have another 2LT auto coming in, and they were glad to allow me to test drive it when it arrives with the option of backing out of the deal if I don't like it (as if that will happen!).

There is certainly something to be said for treating the customer with a little respect.
Congrats on your purchase and choice of dealerships, they're a great bunch of guys. They've been treating me great.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
Rickscamero

Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:

I thought that they were awful. I went to Leggat last week and over the weekend to negotiate the purchase price for the Camaro. I spoke to a guy named Louis pronounced Louwy.

Dean Myers was willing to shave off a couple hundred bucks off of the MSRP, but Leggat would not budge - even after learning that Dean Myers was coming down.

I would not go there again.. They are not worth my time!
Rickscamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #7
tededfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian GP View Post
Was it Jamal?
Nope, I believe it was Larry. Sounded like he wanted a deposit before even considering a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Congrats on your purchase and choice of dealerships, they're a great bunch of guys. They've been treating me great.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickscamero View Post
I thought that they were awful. I went to Leggat last week and over the weekend to negotiate the purchase price for the Camaro. I spoke to a guy named Louis pronounced Louwy.

Dean Myers was willing to shave off a couple hundred bucks off of the MSRP, but Leggat would not budge - even after learning that Dean Myers was coming down.

I would not go there again.. They are not worth my time!
I walked into dean myers, and got the typical attitude. They didn't think I was serious about buying. A couple hundred bucks off MSRP, to me, isn't worth squat. The people at Leggat were very helpful, and even offered to defer my payments for a couple months if the car comes in early (I'm stuck in a lease untill the winter) so that I'm not making two car payments at the same time.

Their return policy is pretty crazy, and the free cruise they throw in, to me, is probably worth the couple or few hundred bucks off the other dealerships might offer.

I speak from experience in saying that the lowest price isn't the only thing to base a decision like this on. I got a decent deal on my truck (ford), but the dealership was a NIGHTMARE to deal with. I was harassed by the sales person, I complained to the manager and was met without even an acknowledgment. So price isnt the only thing i consider.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Rickscamero

Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:
Nope, I believe it was Larry. Sounded like he wanted a deposit before even considering a test drive.

Thanks!!

I walked into dean myers, and got the typical attitude. They didn't think I was serious about buying. A couple hundred bucks off MSRP, to me, isn't worth squat. The people at Leggat were very helpful, and even offered to defer my payments for a couple months if the car comes in early (I'm stuck in a lease untill the winter) so that I'm not making two car payments at the same time.

Their return policy is pretty crazy, and the free cruise they throw in, to me, is probably worth the couple or few hundred bucks off the other dealerships might offer.

I speak from experience in saying that the lowest price isn't the only thing to base a decision like this on. I got a decent deal on my truck (ford), but the dealership was a NIGHTMARE to deal with. I was harassed by the sales person, I complained to the manager and was met without even an acknowledgment. So price isnt the only thing i consider.

I do not intend to sound arrogant by making this remark.... but if I wanted a hand-job.. I would go to my gf...

The dealership for me is only a hub.. a distribution point.. where man meets car! My point is the only thing I will calculate into my decision is the $$. I could care less if the sales agent greets me with a smile, because, like I said.. if I wanted a handjob.. I would go to my gf....

I got freight knocked off at dean myers.. which is 1400 bucks.!
Rickscamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
tededfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickscamero View Post
I do not intend to sound arrogant by making this remark.... but if I wanted a hand-job.. I would go to my gf...

The dealership for me is only a hub.. a distribution point.. where man meets car! My point is the only thing I will calculate into my decision is the $$. I could care less if the sales agent greets me with a smile, because, like I said.. if I wanted a handjob.. I would go to my gf....

I got freight knocked off at dean myers.. which is 1400 bucks.!
That's definitely more than a couple hundred bucks!

Which model did you order?

And i get what you're saying about it being a distro point, but at the same time... my experience is that you can get a good price and still get ****ed. But damn, 1400 bucks is 1400 bucks! I may have to give Leggat a call...
Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #10
juicy ss

Drives: 1999 HOSS Conv & 2010 IOM SS
West York wont be getting anymore since they lost their franchise and will be closing. It's best not to order from them as You will never see it.
juicy ss is offline   Reply With Quote