Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #120
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
kev, how does key fob work, same as b4? some where saying that distance was compromised.did u try it?
So far so good...I did run a separate ground like some people suggested. Most complaints said it took a week or so to start affecting it; we'll see, and I'll keep everyone posted. Haven't been on the road yet, so no news on the TPMS warnings
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #121
camaro104

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
If you trying to do the update and it failed there's another way to up load it but I don't remember how, but call scorched they will guide you through it.....
camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #122
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro104 View Post
If you trying to do the update and it failed there's another way to up load it but I don't remember how, but call scorched they will guide you through it.....
Thanks... will do next week; working well as is tho!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #123
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

Drives: 2012 2 SS Camaro Black
Send a message via Yahoo to 2012 2SS Send a message via Skype™ to 2012 2SS
Ok I just wrote to Scosche again and this time I sent a letter to the CEO and this is what I wrote:

CC: Roger Alves 01/01/2013

Scosche-

Since I have had my Scosche Chevrolet Camaro Double DIN and DIN with Pocket Installation Kit installed on my 2012 2SS Camaro I have encountered numerous problems. First off I have my car throwing TPMS light and the sensors loosing signal. The distance on my key fobs lost range and could not operate until you are 10 feet or so away from the vehicle. I had my Scosche kit installed at On the go audio in Victorville Ca where the installer tried to correct this problem by installing a replacement Scosche kit straight from your factory. The problems still exist when I was in the process of a move out of state from Victorville Ca to Mechanicsburg Pa. I now currently reside in Mechanicsburg Pa where I store my car for the winter at my Girlfriends dad's house and noticed that my car is dead when I start it from time to time and I believe that the scosche kit is the culprit. The fact that the HVAC modules are causing "current draw" of about 300ma when the car is off (not running). I have already replaced my OEM battery. This current draw issue is on Scosche's website where they even list it as a firmware download. My installer tried to download the firmware update to my Scosche kit and kept telling me that there is no response when he tried. I ran across numerous people in this Camaro forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752) that have been having the same issues and still no one not even you the Manufacturer of the Kit can come up with a solid fix. This is definitely a Great product but with little or no tech support to help assist in correcting these issues. I spent about 300 dollars on your Kit and than another 75 dollars on the actual install. I have exhausted all my options and dont know what else to do. This is not acceptable to have issues like this for your NEW product and especially on my brand new Camaro and I do hope Scosche will get these issues fixed or I fear there will be a Class action law suit that follows for the many people that reported these issues to Scosche and still nothing has been done.

I truly hope Scosche see's that this is a problem and finds a fix for all these known issues.

I cant see why anyone would own a Camaro V6... Go BIG or go HOME!!!
2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #124
camaro104

Well written!!!! I applaud you....

Lets hope they wake up and really do something about it!!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #125
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Put some pretty good time/mileage on the car since the install;

No issues (knock on wood) w the tire pressure sensors.

No issues with the trunk release.

Remote door locks distances shortened substantially. I've got to be within about 20 feet now, whereas I was good from at least 70-80 before. No remote start; so not a huge concern.

My fan speed buttons are sticking and feel super cheap. Teetering on the fence about pulling it and sending it to Scoshe for a replacement....

All.else.working well!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #126
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Did u get a reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 2SS View Post
Ok I just wrote to Scosche again and this time I sent a letter to the CEO and this is what I wrote:

CC: Roger Alves 01/01/2013

Scosche-

Since I have had my Scosche Chevrolet Camaro Double DIN and DIN with Pocket Installation Kit installed on my 2012 2SS Camaro I have encountered numerous problems. First off I have my car throwing TPMS light and the sensors loosing signal. The distance on my key fobs lost range and could not operate until you are 10 feet or so away from the vehicle. I had my Scosche kit installed at On the go audio in Victorville Ca where the installer tried to correct this problem by installing a replacement Scosche kit straight from your factory. The problems still exist when I was in the process of a move out of state from Victorville Ca to Mechanicsburg Pa. I now currently reside in Mechanicsburg Pa where I store my car for the winter at my Girlfriends dad's house and noticed that my car is dead when I start it from time to time and I believe that the scosche kit is the culprit. The fact that the HVAC modules are causing "current draw" of about 300ma when the car is off (not running). I have already replaced my OEM battery. This current draw issue is on Scosche's website where they even list it as a firmware download. My installer tried to download the firmware update to my Scosche kit and kept telling me that there is no response when he tried. I ran across numerous people in this Camaro forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752) that have been having the same issues and still no one not even you the Manufacturer of the Kit can come up with a solid fix. This is definitely a Great product but with little or no tech support to help assist in correcting these issues. I spent about 300 dollars on your Kit and than another 75 dollars on the actual install. I have exhausted all my options and dont know what else to do. This is not acceptable to have issues like this for your NEW product and especially on my brand new Camaro and I do hope Scosche will get these issues fixed or I fear there will be a Class action law suit that follows for the many people that reported these issues to Scosche and still nothing has been done.

I truly hope Scosche see's that this is a problem and finds a fix for all these known issues.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #127
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

I got a email from George Barrios and this is what he said;

Greetings Mr. Long,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to correspond directly with our Company.

Insightful feedback such as yours is invaluable to us, as it can oftentimes contribute to the refinement of our products and services.

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointing experience while using with the GM5201B and the cause of such results will be promptly and thoroughly investigated.

So as to resolve the issues that you are currently experiencing, may we provide to you a replacement interface that has been quality tested and functionality assured? If so, please feel free to indicate a preferred mailing address and a replacement interface will be promptly supplied.

We appreciate your generous patience and we look forward to further assisting you.

Best regards.

They sent me today my 3rd replacement dash kit promising that it has been Quality tested and the firmware is already updated. If this doesnt work I will be contacting them again till the final outcome is VICTORY for US!!! The only problem I have is when I was in Cali I had my installer there install it for me. So how hard is it to replace?

Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #128
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:

Greetings Mr. Long,

Insightful feedback such as yours is invaluable to us, as it can oftentimes contribute to the refinement of our products and services.

We are very sorry to learn of your disappointing experience while using with the GM5201B and the cause of such results will be promptly and thoroughly investigated.

So as to resolve the issues that you are currently experiencing, may we provide to you a replacement interface that has been quality tested and functionality assured? If so, please feel free to indicate a preferred mailing address and a replacement interface will be promptly supplied.

We appreciate your generous patience and we look forward to further assisting you.

Best regards.

They sent me today my 3rd replacement dash kit promising that it has been Quality tested and the firmware is already updated. If this doesnt work I will be contacting them again till the final outcome is VICTORY for US!!! The only problem I have is when I was in Cali I had my installer there install it for me. So how hard is it to replace?
I had mine replaced by an installer and it fixed the TPMS issue, but the other issues still persist. Please let us know if the replacement works out better.

-Rizzo
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #129
camaro104

Oh yes please let us all know how it turns out.....
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #130
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:

Greetings Mr. Long,

Best regards.

Not difficult at all. Simply remove the center dash trim piece around the shifter (snaps out) and the gauge cluster (if equipped) , and if so remove the gauges and the whole faceplate/kit will pop off (w a little TLC.) There are 4 small screws around the unit that holds it onto the back of the faceplate. Remove those and it comes right out.

I contacted customer service via e mail yesterday about my updates not installing and more importantly about the buttons sticking. Still no response. I explained I want them to ship a replacement first and I'll ship the defective unit back; I shouldn't have to sit with a gaping hole in my dash and no HVAC, door lock or hazards for their defective product that's brand new.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #131
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:

Greetings Mr. Long,

Best regards.

Drago77 is correct on most parts. After you remove the gauges or tray their are 2 7mm screws at teh bottom that you will need to remove then the dash kit will come out.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #132
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Yeah... here's a better update... I was typing from my phone before, this is a little better..

Unsnap the center console plate... once you get one tab out, work your way around with either your fingers or a trim tool... the 4 pack cluster will pop out with it (if equipped.)

If you do have the gauges, there's a wire harness plug to disconnect before you can get the trim piece out, never dealt with non gauges,assume it's still there for the ac plug and trak. controlls.

There are two screws directly at the back of the dash below the radio that need to be removed

The Scosche plate snaps on. Its cheaply made... and you've got to lift the far back portion (where the screws were) up and over the trim plate in the back but be careful not to break the incredibly cheap plastic weld they used to join the two pieces together... I broke mine on both sides... a lil JB Weld on the inside reinforced w Gorilla tape took care of this.

The unit itself attaches with (4) small phillips head screws, one at each of the furthest outward points. Simply unscrew those and the unit seperates from the plate. Then just unplug the 2 harnesses and your set. Pix below from tonight as I tried "loosening the rear screws" - technical instructions from customer service on how to "fix" my sticking buttons... didn't work, big surprise, huh?

Pic 1: Center console trim removed, with 4 gauge cluster

Pic 2: Harness under trim plate that needs to disconnect (My harness has an additional "segment" which controls my dashboard ABL.)

Pic 3: Rear view of Scosche kit still installed in face plate- note the outer most corner screws that need to be removed (3rd from center top/bottom)

Pic 4: Close up of (2) screw holes that were removed behind cluster before scosche plate removal

Pic 5: Scosche unit removed from trim (screws also removed) and 2 harnesses that need to unplug.

In case anyone is wondering... the black tape on the rear is covering the speaker for the door chimes/turn signals... the beeping annoyed me. This "queted" it. and the black cable is the USB extention to maintain the factory USB hub in the console.
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #133
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

On the side note of my buttons sticking... It appears to be something to do with the way the face plate compresses when installed. It worked fine when disassembled. Its a seriously tight fit behind everything, but nothing seems to be interfering with the scosche system... worked fine all the way until snapped back in... like I said before tho, it's all a tight fit
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #134
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

Wow Thank You all so much for the quick replys and help. I will be replacing this interface as soon as possible. I just enlisted back into the army so I have some stuff going on but I will let you all know when I can. Thanks

Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #135
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
You should def. have yours replaced. That is not normal.
But #'s 1, 2 and 3 are?
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #136
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
I have had had next to no problems with my Scosche..works perfect other then the remote needs to be used closer then the stock FOB. I love mine. Sorry others have issues.
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote