Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #113
newcam

Drives: Grey LS
CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE
newcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #114
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcam View Post
CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE
Any other insight otherwise?

I'm doing my install.next Sat; while I've read negative posts from 6-10 ppl here; I've also personally spoken with 3 Sosche and 2 Alpine users with no issues- the only complaint I've heard is the remote distance which has been solved by a relocation of the ground wire... as I've been told. Guess I will see myself.

Sensitive topic for us about to drop $2k on an install... more info would be appreciated
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #115
Hamilton2400

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra/2015 GMC Acadia
I've had my scosche kit in my camaro for about a year now with no issues what so ever. Granted my ls doesn't have steering wheel controls.
Hamilton2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #116
FAT-SS
unBALAnced-10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I would lke to bring up another issue that is related to the Scosche/Alpine Dash kits. The fact that the HVAC modules are causing "current draw" of about 300ma when the car is off (not running). This current draw issue is on Scosche's website where they even list it as a firmware download. I have already replaced my OEM battery when my Camaro died a couple times. THe first time I brought it to the dealer to see if the warranty would cover it and was told "no, due to aftermarket amplifiers & radio". I replaced OEM battery with an Interstate Battery but I need to trickle charge it occasionally because of the current draw. When I saw the Scosche firmware download (**Also check the "download" tab for required Firmware updates that will improve battery performance**) I e-mailed Scosche to see if this download would apply to my situation. The following day, a reply from a Scosche Tech Support confirmed that there is an issue with the HVAC Modules and current draw and that the download would help fix it. The tech support person also mentioned a different procedure when downloading the firmware into my Alpine Dash kit, which I tried and it didn't work. I also tried downloading the firmware as directed in the original instructions that came with the firmware and again, nothing. I replied back to the person at Scosche that replied back to my original e-mail but have not heard anything from him yet. I'll wait till after the holidays before I contact Scosche again. I haven't heard about this "current draw" issue so I'm not sure if anybody else has it, but if Scosche knows about it then I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing it. I have the Alpine KTX-CMO Dash Kit but I contacted Scosche about this issue because Alpine's Customer/Tech Support is "Clueless" as to anything related to the products that they sell as well as lack any type of "customer support" whatsoever. According to Alpine, there are no issues with their dash kits, so no downloads are available. If I can't fix the continuing current draw from the battery, I will probably take out the dash kit. But thats a last resort.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #117
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Gotta hand it to everyone who's underwent this "surgery" on their own. My original plans for install fell through; so i decided to.wing it.... what a PAIN!

Got the 9990dx and Schoshe hooked.up and working just fine, GPS installed; USB modded... just gotta tap into the BCM for the SWI RC, program that, install the back up cam and somehow fit all this.crap into that tiny space in the dash!

Any input on addind the firmware.updates... never done anything.like that with a car stereo b4 nor hvac kit
Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #118
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Just finished my install; did it myself since my buddy got.bogged down. PITA; But LOVE it!

My Scoshe worked right off the bat; no issues with waiting, etc... so far so good on the remote. Will touch base back after a week.

Question though- I CANNOT grt the update to.load; deletes, loads and gets to the last upload phase and says "failed"... tried 5-6 times. Everything works.as advertised even w/out the update...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #119
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
kev, how does key fob work, same as b4? some where saying that distance was compromised.did u try it?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #120
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
kev, how does key fob work, same as b4? some where saying that distance was compromised.did u try it?
So far so good...I did run a separate ground like some people suggested. Most complaints said it took a week or so to start affecting it; we'll see, and I'll keep everyone posted. Haven't been on the road yet, so no news on the TPMS warnings
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #121
camaro104

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
If you trying to do the update and it failed there's another way to up load it but I don't remember how, but call scorched they will guide you through it.....
camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #122
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro104 View Post
If you trying to do the update and it failed there's another way to up load it but I don't remember how, but call scorched they will guide you through it.....
Thanks... will do next week; working well as is tho!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #123
2012 2SS
I wanna go fast "mama"

Drives: 2012 2 SS Camaro Black
Send a message via Yahoo to 2012 2SS Send a message via Skype™ to 2012 2SS
Ok I just wrote to Scosche again and this time I sent a letter to the CEO and this is what I wrote:

CC: Roger Alves 01/01/2013

Scosche-

Since I have had my Scosche Chevrolet Camaro Double DIN and DIN with Pocket Installation Kit installed on my 2012 2SS Camaro I have encountered numerous problems. First off I have my car throwing TPMS light and the sensors loosing signal. The distance on my key fobs lost range and could not operate until you are 10 feet or so away from the vehicle. I had my Scosche kit installed at On the go audio in Victorville Ca where the installer tried to correct this problem by installing a replacement Scosche kit straight from your factory. The problems still exist when I was in the process of a move out of state from Victorville Ca to Mechanicsburg Pa. I now currently reside in Mechanicsburg Pa where I store my car for the winter at my Girlfriends dad's house and noticed that my car is dead when I start it from time to time and I believe that the scosche kit is the culprit. The fact that the HVAC modules are causing "current draw" of about 300ma when the car is off (not running). I have already replaced my OEM battery. This current draw issue is on Scosche's website where they even list it as a firmware download. My installer tried to download the firmware update to my Scosche kit and kept telling me that there is no response when he tried. I ran across numerous people in this Camaro forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752) that have been having the same issues and still no one not even you the Manufacturer of the Kit can come up with a solid fix. This is definitely a Great product but with little or no tech support to help assist in correcting these issues. I spent about 300 dollars on your Kit and than another 75 dollars on the actual install. I have exhausted all my options and dont know what else to do. This is not acceptable to have issues like this for your NEW product and especially on my brand new Camaro and I do hope Scosche will get these issues fixed or I fear there will be a Class action law suit that follows for the many people that reported these issues to Scosche and still nothing has been done.

I truly hope Scosche see's that this is a problem and finds a fix for all these known issues.

I cant see why anyone would own a Camaro V6... Go BIG or go HOME!!!
2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #124
camaro104

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
Well written!!!! I applaud you....

Lets hope they wake up and really do something about it!!!!!
camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #125
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Put some pretty good time/mileage on the car since the install;

No issues (knock on wood) w the tire pressure sensors.

No issues with the trunk release.

Remote door locks distances shortened substantially. I've got to be within about 20 feet now, whereas I was good from at least 70-80 before. No remote start; so not a huge concern.

My fan speed buttons are sticking and feel super cheap. Teetering on the fence about pulling it and sending it to Scoshe for a replacement....

All.else.working well!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #126
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Did u get a reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 2SS View Post
Ok I just wrote to Scosche again and this time I sent a letter to the CEO and this is what I wrote:

CC: Roger Alves 01/01/2013

Scosche-

Since I have had my Scosche Chevrolet Camaro Double DIN and DIN with Pocket Installation Kit installed on my 2012 2SS Camaro I have encountered numerous problems. First off I have my car throwing TPMS light and the sensors loosing signal. The distance on my key fobs lost range and could not operate until you are 10 feet or so away from the vehicle. I had my Scosche kit installed at On the go audio in Victorville Ca where the installer tried to correct this problem by installing a replacement Scosche kit straight from your factory. The problems still exist when I was in the process of a move out of state from Victorville Ca to Mechanicsburg Pa. I now currently reside in Mechanicsburg Pa where I store my car for the winter at my Girlfriends dad's house and noticed that my car is dead when I start it from time to time and I believe that the scosche kit is the culprit. The fact that the HVAC modules are causing "current draw" of about 300ma when the car is off (not running). I have already replaced my OEM battery. This current draw issue is on Scosche's website where they even list it as a firmware download. My installer tried to download the firmware update to my Scosche kit and kept telling me that there is no response when he tried. I ran across numerous people in this Camaro forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752) that have been having the same issues and still no one not even you the Manufacturer of the Kit can come up with a solid fix. This is definitely a Great product but with little or no tech support to help assist in correcting these issues. I spent about 300 dollars on your Kit and than another 75 dollars on the actual install. I have exhausted all my options and dont know what else to do. This is not acceptable to have issues like this for your NEW product and especially on my brand new Camaro and I do hope Scosche will get these issues fixed or I fear there will be a Class action law suit that follows for the many people that reported these issues to Scosche and still nothing has been done.

I truly hope Scosche see's that this is a problem and finds a fix for all these known issues.