Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

horizon670
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #201
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
As soon as Ofer (or someone) figures out how to retrofit the GM MyLink, I'm done with these cheap kits forever.
MyLink has issues as well! A lot of people are having problems with is acting screwy even though it is a factory install. I think the issue is that GM made the wireing in our cars way to complicated for what it needs to be.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #202
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: SW 11' 2SS/RS LS3 Vert, Blk/Blk
Had my Scoche for over 6 months, outside of an occasional ghost chime (corrected by hitting turn signals) it works just fine. Always gonna be some problems here n there; but I think mainly its just ppl over reacting
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #203
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
I tried to contact them to do the same, but never could get a reply.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.
I got the replacement unit Friday and so far no problems since then. I have a viper alarm so I do not use The factory remote but I'll try it tomorrow.
Now My only problem is the bluetooth phone connection is breaking up I do not know the Scosche kit is causing it.

Caddy
Caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #204
insomniac2k2

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IOM
Stupid comment. the people that have problems with this kit, have big ones. I'm glad you are not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Had my Scoche for over 6 months, outside of an occasional ghost chime (corrected by hitting turn signals) it works just fine. Always gonna be some problems here n there; but I think mainly its just ppl over reacting

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
insomniac2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #205
ken1171

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1ss
I just got finished installing my kit and I am having the range issues with the doors/trunk. I have the newer version GM5201ab. I know this is an old thread, but has anybody heard anything at all on this?
ken1171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #206
insomniac2k2

Duplicate somehow..
Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #207
insomniac2k2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1171 View Post
I just got finished installing my kit and I am having the range issues with the doors/trunk. I have the newer version GM5201ab. I know this is an old thread, but has anybody heard anything at all on this?
I do not believe that the unlucky people with this kit have seen any resolution. I know I haven't. I have given up, and will likely never knowingly buy another scosche product again. Not because of the problems, but because they have been the single worst company I have ever had to deal with to try to get ANY support of accountability.

Bullshit like "We don't have a ticket system". Never responding to emails, and selling an onstar module that doesn't even have volume controls.

I only wish the Metra wasn't so ugly :/

Old 09-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #208
Rizzo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS
Quote:
This was the some of the same issues I had. Scosche stopped responding to my emails. After fighting the issue for close to a year, I gave up.

Bummer that this is still an ongoing issue.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #209
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
This is exactly why I am still skeptical about changing my radio... I have the stock one and the sound of it. but man, most people seems to be having issues with all the kits.. either the kits mess with the car systems or the kits arent really reliable.. All I want is to keep my back up sensors but have aftermarket stereo and speakers..
X2- every time I think the bugs have all been worked out I read posts like this.
Doesn't anyone @ Scosche try out their own stuff to make sure it works right out of the box like it's supposed to work??

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #210
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
As much as I like the looks of these I am glad I went with the Metra..no issues. At some point I may switch but not til I quit seeing these problems popping up.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #211
dmartin7700

Drives: convertible
Guys I have had the new scosche kit in for a week and it works perfectly no problems what so ever
dmartin7700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #212
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
As much as I like the looks of these I am glad I went with the Metra..no issues. At some point I may switch but not til I quit seeing these problems popping up.
How long have you had the Metra? Most lose the backlighting around the one year mark.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #213
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
How long have you had the Metra? Most lose the backlighting around the one year mark.
I have only had it 1.5 months. I did have it updated prior to installation.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #214
ken1171

After 96 hours installed, the tire warning has gone away. This kit itself works perfectly, just seems to be interfering with something in the car. When the tire warning was popping up, it was the passenger rear tire that it was not receiving a signal from. I have been on the phone with Scosche as well as exchanged emails from their tech support... here is a correspondence that I had....

ME:
9/12/13

To Whom it May Concern:

On 9/10/13 I installed my new GM5201AB kit into my 2012 1ss Camaro. Since installing the kit, I have had issues with my keyless entry and trunk release and now today 9/12/13, I had an error pop up on my drivers display to check the tire sensor system. Is there any fix for this possibly in the form of a firmware update? I did not have any issues before installing the Scosche kit. Before that, I ran a Metra kit for 8 months with zero issues at all. Please advise.

Scosche:
9/12/13

Greetings,
I apologize for any inconvenience our product may have caused you. Which software version do you currently have?

Best regards,

Gabriel Flores
Technical Support
Scosche Industries, Inc.

1550 Pacific Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033
tel: 805.486.4450 x142
tol: 800.363.4490 x142
fax: 805.486.9996
email: gabrielf@scosche.com

ME:

9/12/13

How do I tell which version is running?

Scosche:

Press the set button. You should now be in the Settings Home Screen where you can adjust the display.

In the bottom left hand corner of the screen there should be a number indicating the software version your unit currently has (ie: io 48 sw 68).

Best Regards,

Gabriel Flores
Technical Support
Scosche Industries, Inc.

After confirming I had the most recent version of the firmware.....

Scosche:
9/12/13

So you have the most recent update. Our R&D team was never able to replicate the issue of customers claiming that their trunk release or keyless entry distance was shortened, so we unfortunately wouldn't have a fix for this since we were never able to reproduce the issue.

If you are getting a warning to check your tire sensory system, I would recommend you try performing a reset with our interface.

To perform a reset, follow these steps in sequence:

Try waiting for 7-10 minutes instead of 5 minutes as indicated in step 9.

** He also sent a screen shot of the Scosche Manual referring to the Initialization procedure.

Me:

9/12/13

I will perform the reset, but as far as the keyless, I have to be right next to the front of the car for it to work. When I disconnect the gm5201ab, the keyless works from 50 + feet away from the car. I also had no issues with the metra kit or the factory radio that was in this car. I encourage your r&d team to consult this forum:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=Scosche

There are many users (50 +) who have documented both of the issues that I have pointed out and posted video of the keyless issue.

I appreciate any follow up you could give.

Scosche:
9/12/13

I’ll go ahead and forward this information to our R&D team. I’m pretty sure they’ve already been up and down the forums, but I’ll let them know again in case there is anything they possibly missed. Thank you for the feedback.

Best Regards,

Gabriel Flores
Technical Support
Scosche Industries, Inc.

They were very quick to reply to everything I sent, but in the end, I just wanted to bang my head against a wall. Seems like they are doing their best not to acknowledge a problem on their end by saying they could not reproduce the problem. Seems like the only thing they need to do to reproduce it is to install the kit.

Again I will say, I know this is an old thread and I know it has already been said, but please everyone, keep sending Scosche the complaints via email or their tech support line. Sooner or later they have to come up with something.

Thank you everyone!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #215
ken1171

Also, just to be clear, I am still having the trunk/door issue (I am waiting for the tire light to come back on as it literally just turned off last night on my way home from work). I have to almost be right on top of my car for the keyless to work. Definitely worse when approaching from the rear of the car. I did perform the reset as directed and it did not change a thing. When I did the reset, I left the kit unplugged for a day and all of the issues disappeared until I plugged the unit back in.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #216
BiG_TiMe
SoCal HT5! [COTW 2/24/14]

Drives: Makayla
soooo is it worth it to buy a dash kit right now? seems like it's either a hit or miss with these things
Old 09-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #217
insomniac2k2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
soooo is it worth it to buy a dash kit right now? seems like it's either a hit or miss with these things
The problem is tolerable, just extremely annoying at times. I literally almost have to be touching the car before my remote works. I live with this issue because I love having good tunes and GPS.

Pick your poison.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #218
ken1171

I am going to say no. If I could go back, I would have hung on to the metra unit. As I type this, my tire sensor is going off again. Metra may not look as nice, but there are none of these problems.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #219
Iceyone

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Well, I installed mine, no touch screen, I got the same answer to perform a reset which I will try tonight but, everything else works, I can lock the doors, turn on the ac, hit the hazard lights, just no touch screen at all
Iceyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #220
ken1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyone View Post
Well, I installed mine, no touch screen, I got the same answer to perform a reset which I will try tonight but, everything else works, I can lock the doors, turn on the ac, hit the hazard lights, just no touch screen at all
Double check to make sure you connected the blue remote wire from the Scosche kit to your radio. The touch screen works off off a switched power source. Good luck! I hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #221
Iceyone

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Well, they seem to think the touch screen module is bad, so, sent it overnight to them this morning, now the car is going to be down for another week, what a bunch of crap!
Iceyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #222
little_man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Just installed the Alpine unit last night. Immediately after i have issue #1. No other issues have arisen yet but time will tell. I am not sure i have the latest version of firmware though. I know how to check but how would i go about updating it if i am out of date?
little_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #223
ken1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_man View Post
Just installed the Alpine unit last night. Immediately after i have issue #1. No other issues have arisen yet but time will tell. I am not sure i have the latest version of firmware though. I know how to check but how would i go about updating it if i am out of date?
You have to get ahold of Scosche and get them to send you the firmware via email. You would then update using a flash drive and the usb port located on the harness of the Scosche kit. I was told by their tech support that I have the most recent version. Here is a picture... the numbers in the bottom left corner of the touch screen are the software version.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #224
little_man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
You have to get ahold of Scosche and get them to send you the firmware via email. You would then update using a flash drive and the usb port located on the harness of the Scosche kit. I was told by their tech support that I have the most recent version. Here is a picture... the numbers in the bottom left corner of the touch screen are the software version.
I have the alpine kit. So i assume i would just contact Alpine to get the latest firmware. Thanks for the info. I will check my numbers against the schoche though and see if mine are similar.
little_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #225
gdheri

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I just install mine few days now issues I'm haveing is that my remote range is gonne from 50+feet to 0- feet and I have alpine 927 nav unit. The stock ba system sound like shit and I'm not getting any bass from my Rockford t2 sub. It was a lot better with stock stereo. Either I cannot set the eq better on alpine or it just suck. I will be emailing scosche today about the remote range
gdheri is online now   Reply With Quote