Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
SCT programmer that I got with my lysholm blower......

Can I use it to upload the tune that is currently on the car to Janetty?

Please forgive any and all ignorance in this realm. I am a total newb when it comes to this stuff. I just want to make sure before I spend the $400 plus on an ITSX wireless programmer.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346194278.776507.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  167.8 KB

Sent from my abacus using precise finger movements......

Last edited by monstertodd; 08-28-2012 at 06:03 PM.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Is that the SCT X-3? If so, that's the exact tuner that Ted sells with his tune on his website. He regularly checks here, so I'm sure that you'll get a quick response from him.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm not 100% sure but if has the choice to load custom tunes that you should be able to get 3 tunes from Ted. Do you know if the Lyshom tune uses the preprogrammed location or is it in the custome tune section?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm not 100% sure but if has the choice to load custom tunes that you should be able to get 3 tunes from Ted. Do you know if the Lyshom tune uses the preprogrammed location or is it in the custome tune section?
I honestly couldn't tell you. My car will be in the body shop for the next few days, but when I get it back I'll plug it in and fire it up and see what happens. This is the programmer that my installer used when we put in my Lysholm blower and it came with the kit. It came pre-loaded with a tune that Lysholm/vortech made for the camaro.

I just figured I could probably use this to download the tune that is on the car to send to Ted.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Is that the SCT X-3? If so, that's the exact tuner that Ted sells with his tune on his website. He regularly checks here, so I'm sure that you'll get a quick response from him.
yes it is the X3
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
This is a good thread. I have that programmer. But have no clue what/how/where/when it does. Came with the car so....
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
az2ss
HMFIC

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
yes, but first you need to check on how many tunes are saved to the device. it only hold so many custom tunes
az2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I honestly couldn't tell you. My car will be in the body shop for the next few days, but when I get it back I'll plug it in and fire it up and see what happens. This is the programmer that my installer used when we put in my Lysholm blower and it came with the kit. It came pre-loaded with a tune that Lysholm/vortech made for the camaro.

I just figured I could probably use this to download the tune that is on the car to send to Ted.
I think you'll be ok. If you have the handheld you can load the SCT device manager and see what's on it. You should be able to suck the cars current tune out and send it to Ted to tighten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az2ss View Post
yes, but first you need to check on how many tunes are saved to the device. it only hold so many custom tunes
They hold 3 custom tunes.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Can I use it to upload the tune that is currently on the car to Janetty?

Please forgive any and all ignorance in this realm. I am a total newb when it comes to this stuff. I just want to make sure before I spend the $400 plus on an ITSX wireless programmer.

Attachment 417109

Sent from my abacus using precise finger movements......
This is the Exact tuner I sell, but with Preloaded tune for the Lysholm, it still has 3 open slots for custom tunes.

Now, if the tuner is Married ( you can find this out by powering up the device by plugging in to any OBD2 port on any car or connecting to a computer via the USB port)

Go to Device Info, then scroll through the data and look to see if the device is Married or Unmarried.

If the device is Married you will not be able to upload what ever is currently in the car but it should have the original Back up file on the device

If the Device is UNMarried you can upload what ever is in the car now.

Either Way I can tune the Car.

I Prefer to start with the Factory Tune file and work my magic from there.

In the event your car was previously tuned via another method I can take the file you upload and send it to SCT to be Converted back to a Factory Tune file so I can start from there.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote