Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
Macario Marino

Drives: 2012 IOM camaro
bass processor

I just bought a db drive e5 be bass processor and I would like to know how to tune that processor to sound good because right now I have no clue how to set the sweep and wide knobs it has any help is appreciated.
Macario Marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Macario Marino

Please I need help setting the processor, anyone?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
lfree11012

Drives: Ashen gray 1ss/rs npp
This is going come down to how big your woofers are they are normale set by woffer size and the type of woofers that you have to tune them to get the max out of them. You need to know the size of the and the tuning frequency of the box How ever I would not recamand useing one of these if you don't know how to use it right you will smoke the woffers this gives you any were form an 18 to 34 db jump in short it is an ampliled bass knob. If you have bass know on you amp already do not use this or remove the one from amp
lfree11012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Macario Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfree11012 View Post
This is going come down to how big your woofers are they are normale set by woffer size and the type of woofers that you have to tune them to get the max out of them. You need to know the size of the and the tuning frequency of the box How ever I would not recamand useing one of these if you don't know how to use it right you will smoke the woffers this gives you any were form an 18 to 34 db jump in short it is an ampliled bass knob. If you have bass know on you amp already do not use this or remove the one from amp
I have two 12" subs in a sealed box I don't have the amp remote knob. I read the manual and this is what it tells me to change the voltage to here's a pic
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Based off human hearing is probably best. Set the sweep to the highest frequency (where you are most likely to hear it), the width to 100% (to target a wide range of frequency).

Set the subsonic filter to the rating of your sub, try 45Hz. Turn up the bass while listening to bass music like Dubstep or Trap until it just starts sounding too boomy.

Next tweek your width down till the boom stops rattling and gets cleaner. Now try moving the sweep down a bit till the bass hits just right for your speakers. You will know because the rattle turns into a solid punch.

Now you can set the bass level back down just a bit till it sounds clean yet thumping good!

It's all very subjective, and you are going to re-tune it several times. Some guys tweek their sound many times over the course of a year till it's the way they like it.

Sweep is set to the target frequency you want to hear most.
Width is the frequency range higher and lower around the target frequency that gets let through.
Subsonic Filter is frequency cutoff, where anything lower that the setting gets made quieter, and anything higher is passed without attenuation.
And the Bass Level is just the gain for the targeted frequencies.

Good luck!
Appearance: Blackout Bowties F and R, Blackout Fender Lettering, Painted Lettering on Engine Cover, Painted Strut Tower Brace, White Wiper Blades, White LED H13 DRL's, Blue Dome LED, Blackout Tail Light Bezels, DIYSF Afterburners.
Audio: RF Dual 12" P3's, T400-2, T400-4, T1652-S, T1963, JBL MS-8, RFC1, Isolated Stinger SPV35.

Video:
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS... Mylink removed, I7 Mobile Project
Enhancements: MNM Catch Can, GM Strut Tower Brace.
rray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Macario Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
Based off human hearing is probably best. Set the sweep to the highest frequency (where you are most likely to hear it), the width to 100% (to target a wide range of frequency).

Set the subsonic filter to the rating of your sub, try 45Hz. Turn up the bass while listening to bass music like Dubstep or Trap until it just starts sounding too boomy.

Next tweek your width down till the boom stops rattling and gets cleaner. Now try moving the sweep down a bit till the bass hits just right for your speakers. You will know because the rattle turns into a solid punch.

Now you can set the bass level back down just a bit till it sounds clean yet thumping good!

It's all very subjective, and you are going to re-tune it several times. Some guys tweek their sound many times over the course of a year till it's the way they like it.

Sweep is set to the target frequency you want to hear most.
Width is the frequency range higher and lower around the target frequency that gets let through.
Subsonic Filter is frequency cutoff, where anything lower that the setting gets made quieter, and anything higher is passed without attenuation.
And the Bass Level is just the gain for the targeted frequencies.

Good luck!
Thanks I appreciate your help

Tags
bass, dbdrive, epicenter, resortation