Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
How to mute voice Navigation

Ok this think is pissing me off, I can turn down the volume to voice navigation to zero, but while I am listing to music, it mutes the music for a second or two when it is time to make a turn, I wanted to mute the voice navigation, since I have displaying on my HUD without affecting the music. Anyone know how to achieve this?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
benji276289

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I think the voice navigation is part of the overall experience of having navigation. It only lasts a few seconds. I don't understand how it bothers you. Do you use navigation constantly? I would think the only time you would be using it is when you actually need it. Then you should be glad you don't have to take your eyes off the road because it is clearly telling you what you need to know. Having said that, I don't believe you can turn it off without lowering the volume of the radio station when the voice would be directing you.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
mdolandese

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Victory Red Vert
I think he means since it's displayed in the hud why listen to the commands and affect the radio everytime
mdolandese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #4
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdolandese View Post
I think he means since it's displayed in the hud why listen to the commands and affect the radio everytime
Old 01-28-2015, 01:00 AM   #5
ZX1truth

Drives: SS2
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate the voice navigation! Is there no way to turn it off? Google maps let's you make that choice! I am an outside sales guy and I use Nav all the time AND not only does it interrupt the music ........ if I use the hands free phone while in the Nav mode my customers hear every voice Nav instruction which is highly annoying to me and my customers.
Benji........the "experience " sucks!

Please is there a off button we are missing here?

God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:26 PM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
"Mute directions," to mute and un-mute the directions. Note: If you have the directions muted and the system recognizes that you missed a turn or your vehicle has deviated from the planned route, the message "You have left the planned route" will play and the system will automatically unmute.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Reservoir kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.

KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #7
ZX1truth

Drives: SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
"Mute directions," to mute and un-mute the directions. Note: If you have the directions muted and the system recognizes that you missed a turn or your vehicle has deviated from the planned route, the message "You have left the planned route" will play and the system will automatically unmute.
On my 2014 MyLink I found it. I went to config/setting on the screen then to navigation setting and found the voice check box and unchecked it!

God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
And yes, another satisfied customer!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Reservoir kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.

KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #9
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
On my 2014 MyLink I found it. I went to config/setting on the screen then to navigation setting and found the voice check box and unchecked it!
This is what i did. Turned it off the first week of having the car and been happy ever since. I hate the voice navigation.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote