Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 2,529
Nissan 350 or 370Z stage 1 vs SS or 1LE

Hey how about this for comparison. The 1LE or SS with suspension mods, Vs a 350Z or 370Z with a stage 1 turbo upgrade to around 400+ crank hp for the Z.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
A 370z at 400 hp to the crank is going to rape the 1LE or SS down a strip, or if done properly in the twisties. I ran my friends 370 in the SS and in my 410 hp G8 when he was bone stock, it was closer than I would like to remember. That was at 332 hp. He added CAI, hiflow mufflers, and lowered it and that car was a drivers race with both my cars.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
red70tvhs
Red
 
red70tvhs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 522
The 370's are meaner than people give them credit for. with 400 crank hp, especially from a boosted setup, longer that F/I car stays in the throttle the harder it runs, will deffinately make it hard for a SS to come out in the straight line, the 1LE may fair better with the 3.91 out back. On the road course, with suspension mods it should be a decent fight, but im still giving the edge to the more agile and nimble 370.
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
This...Those cars are nasty quick due to weight. Slight suspension mods and it rockets out the hole.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,065
Hypothetically someone that looks a lot like me could have a 323WHP TC Cobalt. I heard that same person had a dream once where he might have taken down a silver 370 with CAI and exhaust from 45-130 by 1 1/2 cars.
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Hypothetically someone that looks a lot like me could have a 323WHP TC Cobalt. I heard that same person had a dream once where he might have taken down a silver 370 with CAI and exhaust from 45-130 by 1 1/2 cars.
Hypothetically a close to 400 crank hp cobalt weighing a few hundred pounds less, that is modded should beat a car with less rwhp and weighing more.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs
 
SSOOCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 7,426
I've ran against a 370z. I have simple bolt ons. Last DYNO My SS was 411rwhp/408rwtq. I spanked Him. So...
__________________

Last edited by SSOOCH; 08-30-2012 at 10:32 PM.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #8
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I've ran against a 370z. I have simple bolt ons. Last DYNO My SS was 411rwhp/408rwtq. I spanked Him. So...

"So"....??????

LOL...do people not read? Question was a 400 hp 370 vs a 426 hp SS. Your throwing out your almost 500 crank SS against a 325 crank hp car. So.......if that Z would of been modded to 400 rwhp he would of smoked you.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:56 AM   #9
red70tvhs
Red
 
red70tvhs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
"So"....??????

LOL...do people not read? Question was a 400 hp 370 vs a 426 hp SS. Your throwing out your almost 500 crank SS against a 325 crank hp car. So.......if that Z would of been modded to 400 rwhp he would of smoked you.
people keep missing the question!!! This is bench racing! Must have your facts straight!
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
people keep missing the question!!! This is bench racing! Must have your facts straight!
Just enjoy your labor day weekend and don't feed into the drama.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
Nessal


 
Drives: Lotus Exige
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CA, Bay Area
Posts: 2,269
That car isn't as light as most people think.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
Ohgeez10
 
Drives: Soon to be SS owner
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
That car isn't as light as most people think.
About 400-500 lb lighter than a Camaro.

Not sure if that really would make a BIG difference.
Ohgeez10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
red70tvhs
Red
 
red70tvhs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Just enjoy your labor day weekend and don't feed into the drama.
I see no drama, just bench racing! lmao but I suppose your right, time for a blue pacific margarita the size of Texas thanks to my local cantina!
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
Bech racing? Did I not mention that I personally ran my neighbors 370Z stock and lightly modded?

The rest is just pure physics man.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
SSlut
 
Drives: Summit white 2010 Camaro RS/SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Little Rock AFB
Posts: 44
I have had a similar callout but due to being deployed it will have to wait. My down the road neighbor just bought a brand new 370Z. Nice car i might add and he is also one of those guys who has always had a big truck. That being said my other neighbor who is my good friend asked him if he thought he could take the white camaro up the street. I guess he smirked and said no contest. why bother. I am of course not stock, but not heavily modded. Air intake, long tubes, no cats and a tune. If he is still stock and we just happen to wind beside eachother in a dream i am guessin he might get his feelings hurt a tad!
SSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
red70tvhs
Red
 
red70tvhs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
Bech racing? Did I not mention that I personally ran my neighbors 370Z stock and lightly modded?

The rest is just pure physics man.
the 350/370 that is in question is heavily modded. With 400 crank horsepower in the Z, the SS in stock trim will be beaten. Sense this race has never happened, and the 1LE isnt even on lots yet, this is bench racing brother!
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #17
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,325
Z wins
__________________

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 Z06 next
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
the 350/370 that is in question is heavily modded. With 400 crank horsepower in the Z, the SS in stock trim will be beaten. Sense this race has never happened, and the 1LE isnt even on lots yet, this is bench racing brother!
The 1lE is a SS with suspension mods. Weighs more, same horsepower, better gearing. Will move down the 1320 about the same as an LS3. As stated, I ran a lightly moded 370Z and it was a drivers race. Hence a 400 hp Z is going to rape a SS or 1LE, not bench racing....physics. I answered the question with science. Other than one drive being a moron.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #19
45thAnniversary2SS

 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,136
Doesnt change the fact that it is a Nissan. We win even when we dont.....
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
You say that as if we are driving Ferrari's or Lambo's.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #21
mikeSS


 
mikeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 7,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
You say that as if we are driving Ferrari's or Lambo's.
and thats what they say when a GTR beats them in a race. hahah

at least we are not as bad as BMW owners.
__________________

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 Z06 next
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
and thats what they say when a GTR beats them in a race. hahah

at least we are not as bad as BMW owners.
328IX heh,
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #23
45thAnniversary2SS

 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,136
GTR is the only import that I respect. This thread is about a 350z right?
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #24
Sweet Zness
Because I Can
 
Sweet Zness's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 278
Its about the 370 really since the 350 is the older, non made little brother. The 370 is as good a performance value as the GTR is for its price. One you can get for 33K or so, the other for 100K or so.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #25
Bumble Beast
American Muscle
 
Bumble Beast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/TF3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
Doesnt change the fact that it is a Nissan. We win even when we dont.....
I'll drink to that.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Zness View Post
You say that as if we are driving Ferrari's or Lambo's.
I dont know about him, but I am an "American Made" (Or "American Brand" if you want to bring up the "where these cars are really made" argument) kind of guy. So that's where I'll take my meaning from winning even when we don't by driving a Camaro and not a Nissan.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Transformation -> Bee to Beast
"Live Fast"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumble Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.