Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
toothdoc1
 
toothdoc1's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Red Hot RS/SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensbury, NY
Posts: 36
RS Package - what am I missing

Now that the Chevy site has 2013's, I am trying to configure my 1LE before hitting the dealer. I want Halos by why is the package $1350 - 1LE package already gives you bigger rims. Why would you want you want to down size rims to get the RS package? Or why isn't it less to get on a 1LE since it would only be for Halos and body color ditch molding and shark fin?
toothdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothdoc1 View Post
Now that the Chevy site has 2013's, I am trying to configure my 1LE before hitting the dealer. I want Halos by why is the package $1350 - 1LE package already gives you bigger rims. Why would you want you want to down size rims to get the RS package? Or why isn't it less to get on a 1LE since it would only be for Halos and body color ditch molding and shark fin?
The RS package is the same price because the RS package doesn't actually include those wheels. The wheels are the stock SS wheels, but when you order an SS/RS it just gives you a coat of Midnight Silver paint over them. If you order a V6 with the RS package, then you'd be paying more to get the larger RS wheels.

And you'd still get the 20" black wheels with a 1LE, it's just a programming glitch that puts the RS wheels on instead.
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
toothdoc1
 
toothdoc1's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Red Hot RS/SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensbury, NY
Posts: 36
Sniper,
I follow what you are saying. Logically, then, shouldn't RS package be ALOT less if you are getting it with the 1LE package?
toothdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 6,354
The HID's alone are worth the cost. Retail on GM hid's for the Camaro are over $800 per side so by buying the RS package you are already saving $250.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
The RS package is the same price because the RS package doesn't actually include those wheels. The wheels are the stock SS wheels, but when you order an SS/RS it just gives you a coat of Midnight Silver paint over them. If you order a V6 with the RS package, then you'd be paying more to get the larger RS wheels.

And you'd still get the 20" black wheels with a 1LE, it's just a programming glitch that puts the RS wheels on instead.
Nice sig. Did they fix the glitches on the builder? That's the first site built 1LE Ive seen with RS.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Nice sig. Did they fix the glitches on the builder? That's the first site built 1LE Ive seen with RS.
No, I did some Photoshop "magic" haha I just downloaded a picture with the RS package and one without and pasted the lights/roof ditch moldings over the one with the correct wheels. I didn't feel like waiting for them to fix the site
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
No, I did some Photoshop "magic" haha I just downloaded a picture with the RS package and one without and pasted the lights/roof ditch moldings over the one with the correct wheels. I didn't feel like waiting for them to fix the site
Ha. I was just about to check the site again. You did a better job in 10 minutes than a whole team did in months. All the brains must be in engineering, lucky for us.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Ha. I was just about to check the site again. You did a better job in 10 minutes than a whole team did in months. All the brains must be in engineering, lucky for us.


Personally, I'd rather have all of the brains with the engineers than with the guys designing the website
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
toothdoc1
 
toothdoc1's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Red Hot RS/SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensbury, NY
Posts: 36
Mr. Draco,
that explains the cost. I was going to price out adding halos myself. Will order the RS package with the 1LE since it's more cost effective to get it from GM
toothdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
vetehead
 
vetehead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massapequa,NY
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
The RS package is the same price because the RS package doesn't actually include those wheels. The wheels are the stock SS wheels, but when you order an SS/RS it just gives you a coat of Midnight Silver paint over them. If you order a V6 with the RS package, then you'd be paying more to get the larger RS wheels.

And you'd still get the 20" black wheels with a 1LE, it's just a programming glitch that puts the RS wheels on instead.
Still doesnt seem right tho...if you build a 1lt or 2lt rs package is 1375
and you get upgraded to 20's all around.

On 1ss or 2ss weather you go 1le or not 1350 no upgrade to rims,just don't seem right only 25 dollar difference.
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
b4z

 
Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,217
Where is fbodfather on this?
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
DanSS24

 
DanSS24's Avatar
 
Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 808
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Where is fbodfather on this?
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say test driving the next Z28.
__________________
I'd rather chase speeders and bad guys with a Z/28 than my R/T Charger
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #13
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say test driving the next Z28.
I like it!!

Check it...if you want the goods, you fork over the cash. It's not a zero-sum game with the options. Options is where GM makes their gold. You want RS package, you pay their price. To me, even if they simply offered the HID/halos for 1350, that's worth it to me. For some I guess, it's not really worth it.
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetehead View Post
Still doesnt seem right tho...if you build a 1lt or 2lt rs package is 1375
and you get upgraded to 20's all around.

On 1ss or 2ss weather you go 1le or not 1350 no upgrade to rims,just don't seem right only 25 dollar difference.
For a 1LT, the RS package is $1675. It's $1375 for a 2LT.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228997

I don't know how GM's pricing works exactly, but that's the way it is. As some have said before, the HID's alone are worth the $1350 (at least to those that want them).
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
RickRay
INJACC
 
RickRay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal (South Shore)Quebec, Canada
Posts: 5,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
For a 1LT, the RS package is $1675. It's $1375 for a 2LT.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228997

I don't know how GM's pricing works exactly, but that's the way it is. As some have said before, the HID's alone are worth the $1350 (at least to those that want them).
This is what I found..just an idea:

WRS (2LT RS package)
$1375
WRS (SS RS package)
$1350

2013 RS Package:

The RS Package for your LT or SS Coupe includes:

• 20" painted aluminum wheels in Midnight Silver, measuring 20" x 8" in front and 20" x 9" in rear.
• High-intensity discharge headlamps, each ringed with an LED halo
• Body-color roof ditch molding for a subtle but distinctive styling detail.
• Shark-fin antenna is body-color with this package.

On 2LT and 2SS models, included with available Dusk Special Edition.

SS 1LE Performance Package

$3500

This SS 1LE Performance Package bears the iconic 1LE option code that is a Camaro® legend. This competition-ready package has been coveted by both Camaro owners and track enthusiasts. This SS 1LE Performance Package includes:
  • 20" x 10" front and 20" x 11" rear aluminum wheels with a 10-spoke design from the ZL1™ and a low-gloss Black finish
  • 285/35ZR20 Goodyear® Eagle® Supercar® Generation 2 performance summer tires1, front and rear
  • Performance Ride and Handling suspension with front and rear stabilizer bars for excellent body control and vehicle responsiveness
  • TREMEC® 6-speed manual transmission with a 3.91 final-drive axle ratio
This package is not available with 6-speed automatic transmission, any stripe package or any dealer-installed wheels.
__________________

Last edited by RickRay; 09-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
toothdoc1
 
toothdoc1's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Red Hot RS/SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensbury, NY
Posts: 36
Getting the upgraded wheels with the 1LE package had me scratching my head as to why getting the RS package on top of it doesn't give you a wheel credit on the sticker. I went on Chevy's ask a question live help with this question, they didn't have an answer. Maybe they can ship the RS wheels in the trunk so I can run Blizzaks in the winter -LOL
toothdoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothdoc1 View Post
Getting the upgraded wheels with the 1LE package had me scratching my head as to why getting the RS package on top of it doesn't give you a wheel credit on the sticker. I went on Chevy's ask a question live help with this question, they didn't have an answer. Maybe they can ship the RS wheels in the trunk so I can run Blizzaks in the winter -LOL
Ha. That would be nice but they only do that with dealer installed wheels.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #18
vetehead
 
vetehead's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SIM 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massapequa,NY
Posts: 171
I don't care what anybody at GM'S thinking on this is...If I'm not getting the midnight silver wheels in the trunk as someone said or a credit for them... they can keep the rs package this time around the painted roof ditch,halos and color matched sat antenna just is not worth it to me!!Not at that price!!!!

Last edited by vetehead; 09-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.
vetehead is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.