Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
 
TranbyDevilDogCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Beauty 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 13
Grrr! Pinched O-ring courtesy of Walmart.

Got my oil changed a week ago at Walmart (I know! I know. Lesson Learned) and I just realized on Friday, since I let my baby rest in the garage for a long time, that I had a massive oil leak! So I take her back to Walmart mad as hell and the guy said they "probably over filled it", and that the cap wasn't on securely and just to moniter it. So I figured ok it's just residual oil. Cue yesterday morning when I realize the same puddle and my gut told me take her in ASAP to the dealer despite my husbands hesitation, and low and behold they take her in, lift her up and she starts spewing oil. The diagnosis..... Pinched Oring. My poor Cammy needs to have the whole engine area steam cleaned and luckily for the hissy fit I threw, it is ALL on Walmarts tab.
TranbyDevilDogCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless
 
Iwantone2's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OC Cali
Posts: 9,731
Dang, hope it gets fixed properly and quick!
__________________
Iwantone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,284
Not sure why anyone would take their Camaro to Wal Mart for anything...and then be surprised they screwed up...
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
 
TranbyDevilDogCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Beauty 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Not sure why anyone would take their Camaro to Wal Mart for anything...and then be surprised they screwed up...

Didn't think I'd come on here to get schooled or for the condescending comment but whatever.
If it makes you feel better im a girl and I learned my lesson.
TranbyDevilDogCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
 
TranbyDevilDogCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Beauty 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Dang, hope it gets fixed properly and quick!
Thanks! It was definitely sad leaving her there at the dealer but I have an appointment on Tuesday to get her all fixed up!
TranbyDevilDogCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
jesserayjames


 
jesserayjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,863
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Not sure why anyone would take their Camaro to Wal Mart for anything...and then be surprised they screwed up...
X's two....................................
__________________
CAMARO 2SS/RS 6M
jesserayjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
MYDLIFECRISIS

 
MYDLIFECRISIS's Avatar
 
Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranbyDevilDogCamaro View Post
Didn't think I'd come on here to get schooled or for the condescending comment but whatever.
If it makes you feel better im a girl and I learned my lesson.
Sorry you had to learn that way, but at least there's no real damage and the dealer will get you back up and running. Sucks to be without the car for the weekend. I feel for ya! :(
__________________
2012 Camaro SS 2SS 45TH Anniversary Edition


MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
 
TranbyDevilDogCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Beauty 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 13
No she's home, the dealer isn't authorized to clean up oil because it violates OSHA regulation so they recommended I go to a place called Llyods auto detail. So now I just have to wait. I just had to pay to replace my oring but Walmart is covering that too.

Any suggestions? In the meantime while she sits in the garage?
TranbyDevilDogCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,835
I officially don't have an answer to help you out...but I'm thinking. Is Lloyd's local in Oside?
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
jmaynard
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Garland Tx
Posts: 453
Not sure why anyone would even step foot in a Walmart. Sure, things cost less but at what expense. If the Occupy movement has any intelligent people runing the thing they would be blocking access to Walmarts across the country instead of Wall St. Hate to tell anyone that got what they deserved, but........
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #11
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
 
TranbyDevilDogCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Beauty 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 13
I think I'm over this whole thread thing. I get it. I
MESSED UP. My car still works, it's going to get taken care of, yeah it's a little bit of a hassle. Yeah, it was dumb. But seriously come on? I didn't come here for the negative feedback or the I told you so's. (I expected one or two since someone ALWAYS has to rub it in) I'm pretty sure this site has a few lovely ladies, but mainly guys but honestly its like I'm getting bitched at by a bunch of girls. If I wanted to get crap for this I would have posted on a mustang forum.
TranbyDevilDogCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5 & C6
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 6,898
glad it worked out OK for ya'..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician
 
SPARTAN sui's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 2LT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 927
Hey OP, don't worry, I recently had a bad experience taking my car to Tires Plus for an oil change. They put a quart too much in, I caught it right after they did it and they paid for that, an alignment, and my next oil change. I don't have much knowledge with motors, however I Like going hands on, so after my next free oil change I'll be handling all future oil changes. It's really easy on the V6 model, you only need ramps to get to the drain plug. Just a thought!
__________________
SPARTAN sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
 
TranbyDevilDogCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Beauty 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 13
Thanks! I am in the same boat! I am trying to learn, and somethings are trial and error. Luckily this wasn't THAT big of an error. My hubby's away most of the time and I want to try and take care of her the best I can. So I'll keep that tip in mind! I'm hoping to get enough good helpful stuff to eventually not need to come on here, especially after all the crap.
TranbyDevilDogCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician
 
SPARTAN sui's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 2LT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 927
Just hang in there, don't take to heart what some wise guys say on this message board, it really is a great place for tips and advice, however with thousands of members, you're bound to run into a few sour apples.

Btw, Walmart isn't evil, they're a corporation. They're not any different than Target or Best Buy. I worked for Walmart for 16 months and it was a good experience.
__________________
SPARTAN sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10
 
its a syn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy Green SE
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albia,Iowa
Posts: 3,249
Sure hope you can find someone you can trust for your next oil change. Hope the cleanup works out for ya.
__________________
its a syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #17
turbostang7
 
turbostang7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 63
Could of happened anywhere you go, its more common than people think, that or leaving the old gasket on. So if you decide to change your own just make sure the old gasket comes off lol.
Good thing wal-mart is taking care of it for you!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
turbostang7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #18
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2012 Panamera
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Just hang in there, don't take to heart what some wise guys say on this message board, it really is a great place for tips and advice, however with thousands of members, you're bound to run into a few sour apples.

Btw, Walmart isn't evil, they're a corporation. They're not any different than Target or Best Buy. I worked for Walmart for 16 months and it was a good experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Hey OP, don't worry, I recently had a bad experience taking my car to Tires Plus for an oil change. They put a quart too much in, I caught it right after they did it and they paid for that, an alignment, and my next oil change. I don't have much knowledge with motors, however I Like going hands on, so after my next free oil change I'll be handling all future oil changes. It's really easy on the V6 model, you only need ramps to get to the drain plug. Just a thought!
This !!!
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:54 AM   #19
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
TranbyDevilDogCamaro
 
TranbyDevilDogCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Beauty 2LT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 13
Aww thanks for the encouraging and helpful advice everyone!
Here's the picture of the victim of my mistake, lol.
& a picture of Cammy at the dealer, (yeah! I took a picture! It was torture leaving her behind, especially because it was my bad. I thought I wasn't gonna see her till after the holiday.)
At least she looked extra gorge as I was driving away....
TranbyDevilDogCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #20
MYDLIFECRISIS

 
MYDLIFECRISIS's Avatar
 
Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranbyDevilDogCamaro View Post
I think I'm over this whole thread thing. I get it. I
MESSED UP. My car still works, it's going to get taken care of, yeah it's a little bit of a hassle. Yeah, it was dumb. But seriously come on? I didn't come here for the negative feedback or the I told you so's. (I expected one or two since someone ALWAYS has to rub it in) I'm pretty sure this site has a few lovely ladies, but mainly guys but honestly its like I'm getting bitched at by a bunch of girls. If I wanted to get crap for this I would have posted on a mustang forum.

Hang in there! Don't let a few bad responses get you down. There's always a few in a large group. There's plenty of positive feedback here for you, concentrate on those responses. We've all gone to the wrong place with our vehicles at one point, and anyone that says they never had a bad experience is lying. You learned from it, that's most important here. I'm sure she'll forgive you!!
__________________
2012 Camaro SS 2SS 45TH Anniversary Edition


MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #21
90503


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 10,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranbyDevilDogCamaro View Post
No she's home, the dealer isn't authorized to clean up oil because it violates OSHA regulation so they recommended I go to a place called Llyods auto detail. So now I just have to wait. I just had to pay to replace my oring but Walmart is covering that too.

Any suggestions? In the meantime while she sits in the garage?
Just guessing at how "bad" the mess is, but I would try to get off as much as you can before the oil "bakes" on...They may get it cleaned up, but you don't want power/hot water/whatever blasted onto any electrical or dainty areas...
Also, I've heard of botched oil jobs where they get on the exhaust, pump out a lot of smoke and it ends up in the cabin filter, and smell inside the cab...Might want to think about changing that filter afterwards if you smell anything inside...good luck...

Side note...a buddy of mine many years ago fried his engine from a botched filter replacement...All the place that did it was responsible for was to give him a new filter...lol...So if Wal-Mart is going the extra step to clean it up and make you happy, you're doing good...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.