Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #43
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Is it the Black plastic retainer about a foot long under where it attaches to the body? If so i did the same thing to mine, lol!
Yeah, gonna be $46 for the new piece. I was gonna get the PowerAid throttle body spacer too, but a guy said it's not worth it. Even though I have the AirAid intake. My car's still dirty from Borrego, so I need to wash it up real good tomorrow.
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #44
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Yeah, gonna be $46 for the new piece. I was gonna get the PowerAid throttle body spacer too, but a guy said it's not worth it. Even though I have the AirAid intake. My car's still dirty from Borrego, so I need to wash it up real good tomorrow.
Yeah those things break easy, like the tail lights hard the first time then it's easy as pie after you do it once!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #45
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
:tweetz:
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #46
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,562
Damn Aaron, that breaking of the tab sucks ass. I hate when crap like that happens. We took off my front bumper when installing the new headlights and all the LED's and a clip on my LED sidemarker snapped off. That royally pissed me off, lol. I bought some clear windshield epoxy and used that to secure it temporarily. I can't believe that plastic piece that broke off your car is so expensive.

What's next on your mods list?
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #47
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
I have to ask Gunny but who is that handsome Devil in VICTORY RED in this photo here??
Name:  user53582_pic72129_1326770857.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  250.2 KB
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #48
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
I have to ask Gunny but who is that handsome Devil in VICTORY RED in this photo here??
Attachment 419301
Bastard step child? Lmao

Sent from my phone using tapatalk.
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #49
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
:tweetz:
I see boobies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Damn Aaron, that breaking of the tab sucks ass. I hate when crap like that happens. We took off my front bumper when installing the new headlights and all the LED's and a clip on my LED sidemarker snapped off. That royally pissed me off, lol. I bought some clear windshield epoxy and used that to secure it temporarily. I can't believe that plastic piece that broke off your car is so expensive.

What's next on your mods list?
Yeah Tommy, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Next I'm gonna do NS stripes, but have to get MnP to get the color. Then I'm waiting on a GFX kit from WCC if they come through. It came off the Rascal Flats SS and I might get it for a great deal. Then I'm gonna do all I can to get FI. That's the plan...just have to stick to it. My wife wants some things for her car, so I gotta fit that in too. LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
I have to ask Gunny but who is that handsome Devil in VICTORY RED in this photo here??
Attachment 419301
Two stock hood ornaments! LoL, can't get rid of em either. Man, that was a great time we had up there. Thanks for everything Tim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Bastard step child? Lmao

Sent from my phone using tapatalk.
Yessir! Brothers from another mother!
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #50
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: This Side Of Hell
Posts: 8,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Bastard step child? Lmao

Sent from my phone using tapatalk.
You shouldn't talk about Steve like that i heard he has sensitive feelings, oh sorry Steve i thought it was Gunny with the same Avatar! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Two stock hood ornaments! LoL, can't get rid of em either. Man, that was a great time we had up there. Thanks for everything Tim!
Yessir! Brothers from another mother!
Yes we had a blast wished we would have had more time to party!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #51
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Glad to see this build thread.....COTW coming sooner than later.

Keep up the awesome work Gunny!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #52
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Glad to see this build thread.....COTW coming sooner than later.

Keep up the awesome work Gunny!
Ivan
Thanks Ivan! I got a looooong way to go before that, but I'm working on it.
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #53
GunnyG
Da WHALE
 
GunnyG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca - Originally from KCMO
Posts: 8,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
You shouldn't talk about Steve like that i heard he has sensitive feelings, oh sorry Steve i thought it was Gunny with the same Avatar! lol


Yes we had a blast wished we would have had more time to party!

LoL he copied my avatar! I think we'll make that a crew prerequisite. LoL
__________________
Project MantaRay...Underway
GunnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #54
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Thanks Ivan! I got a looooong way to go before that, but I'm working on it.
Na...you're right there man. I've seen Camaros with waaaaay less pick up COTW mang! Keep it clean and you're a shoe in!

Nice for sure!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #55
TCAT


 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: Has Wheels
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Yeah Tommy, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Next I'm gonna do NS stripes, but have to get MnP to get the color. Then I'm waiting on a GFX kit from WCC if they come through. It came off the Rascal Flats SS and I might get it for a great deal. Then I'm gonna do all I can to get FI. That's the plan...just have to stick to it. My wife wants some things for her car, so I gotta fit that in too. LoL
Damn straight! You'll be in the FI crew very soon I bet. The ground effects completely change the look of the car, and you'll be happy with them I think. What color NS stripes are you going to get? You should get them in the same color the face of your rims are . Then, color match your brake calipers to the stripes and face of the rims too.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #56
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,583
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
I bet ground effects a nice spoiler would completely Change the look of your car along with your lowering springs.
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.