Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
cjoker
cjoker
 
cjoker's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 RS, soon 2010 RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: pensacola,fl
Posts: 21
Aftermarket z28 fascia ?

I wander if theres gonna be an aftermarket z28 front fascia and rear? is there any pics of the rear of the z28.since they pretty much finished the z28 in clay but the production was on hold.there were pics of what the car looked like.ive only seen the front.but if you go back to the motor trend magazine z28 edition article.it shows the front but if you click on the more pics window it says it cannot display.
cjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319
 
Primus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,139
Did it look like bumblebee from TF2?
__________________
2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6 Black
1100: 10/13/2008
2000: 4/02/2009
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
balonywolf
 
balonywolf's Avatar
 
Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 369
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
There were absolutely no plans for a Z28 or any work being done at Chevy/GM on a Z28. There is nothing in existence relating to a Z28 version of the current model except in the world of Photoshop and unfounded rumors.
__________________
HAIL REDSKINS!
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #4
ZNOLMT
 
ZNOLMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 469
Yeah, I don't think there were any official z28 renderings. However there was this one which I don't believe has any official affiliation:



I really like the look of the grill and the rectangular foglights. Other than that, it just has nicer exhaust tips an different wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those parts came up as aftermarket parts in the future.
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Jinx
Owner of Shunt
 
Jinx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the Trunk, NC
Posts: 323
I designed that ^

I wish I could get the funding and resources to make it available for the aftermarket. I like it to be used in an attempt of "build your own Z28".

In a dream world, I would build several cars with that body fascia I designed and include TVS supercharger 1900 to 2300 system as options. And have a redone interior.

Here is a more recent pic to show my design in the open world:


__________________


Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
thecamaroguy
 
thecamaroguy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/1967 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 538
You have an amazing talent!
thecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
JDBeck23

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 877
That looks BADASS Jinx!
__________________

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
I designed that ^

I wish I could get the funding and resources to make it available for the aftermarket. I like it to be used in an attempt of "build your own Z28".

In a dream world, I would build several cars with that body fascia I designed and include TVS supercharger 1900 to 2300 system as options. And have a redone interior.

Here is a more recent pic to show my design in the open world:


Jinx if you sell this I would buy! Thank you for making another awesome chop. I love the color
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 2,082
This is the supposed Z/28...



http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...rns/index.html
__________________
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,787
Except, to the best of my knowledge, that's based on speculation that the facelift to Bumblebee in Transformers 2 implied the changes that would be made to the Z28's appearance.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
balonywolf
 
balonywolf's Avatar
 
Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 369
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
That Motor Trend article is so full of s**t. The only quotes they get from GM are talking about how there is nothing going on with the Z28, but maybe later on, they'd like to get something going. It's been said explicitly by our GM members on this site that there is absolutely nothing to do with the Z28 at Chevrolet right now or in the near future.
__________________
HAIL REDSKINS!
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
Shadowmind
 
Drives: 2010 2SS - IOM, fully loaded
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
THAT is the Bumblebee concept, painted Red. Would be a clever marketing trick for Chevy to release the BB, then market it as the Z28 after the run is complete.
Shadowmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
ZNOLMT
 
ZNOLMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 469
Wow ! You're really talented Jinx !

Seriously, if you made that kit I would totally get it !!



It still seems possible that they COULD make a z28, EVENTUALLY .. Maybe in a couple of years as a limited run or something .. I can't imagine it would cost them too much more to make, after all they could just drop the LS7 in it, make a few upgrades and people would buy it.

Then they could give us another ZL-1 with a supercharged LS9 ..

But I guess they don't want to hurt Corvette sales.
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #14
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNOLMT View Post
Then they could give us another ZL-1 with a supercharged LS9 ..
You've been reading some of my old posts huh
__________________
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #15
UsedTaHaveA68
 
UsedTaHaveA68's Avatar
 
Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 497
Jinx if you find someone to make that front end you have a customer right here.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #16
ClaymoreZ28
 
ClaymoreZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cary, North Carolina USA
Posts: 480
I'd buy that too - VERY nice clean design
__________________
SSMAUG - IOM 2SS/RS/6M
Breathing Fire since October 8th 2009 !
ClaymoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #17
ZNOLMT
 
ZNOLMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 469
Hey Jinx, you know what else might be cool is "functional" vents, maybe vents in the fenders also, kinda like in the Z06.
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #18
cjoker
cjoker
 
cjoker's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 RS, soon 2010 RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: pensacola,fl
Posts: 21
im just going by what motor trend said.i knew there wasnt one built but i was talkin bout their remarks of the clay model that was made.according to their article.and i didnt even realize that bb2 front fascia was a somewhat mockup of that grille. i feel like an see
cjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #19
Gentry78
HOOK'EM
 
Gentry78's Avatar
 
Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,283
thats amazing

i would defiantly get that
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #20
Jinx
Owner of Shunt
 
Jinx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In the Trunk, NC
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNOLMT View Post
Hey Jinx, you know what else might be cool is "functional" vents, maybe vents in the fenders also, kinda like in the Z06.
The original design was intended to be a cost-thoughful and functional one too. I left the sheetmetal alone, due to the thought that I think it would be more expensive for the factory to do. If this was a kit, sheetmetal alterations would prolly put it out of most people desired price range.

This "kit" would replace front fascia, grille, hood, side skirts, rear spoiler and replace the stock black rear "diffuser" panel (where the exhaust tips exit through).

basically the same changes made going from a 2010 mustang gt to a 2010 Gt500, cosmetically.

I still wish the lower grille to have the two brake cooling vents as seen in the all the pics I have.

I would want this to be a OEM urethane material kit; not a cheap and brittle fiberglass kit. The front splitter, rear diffuser, and spoiler center piece I like to be a thicker black OEM urethane, but all have an carbon fiber versions optional. Also a signature rear center cabon fiber panel between the taillights as an option for those who want something different besides a black decal or paint.

Im daydreaming though. I want to make this kit bad. I have been from the start. I would want my 5th gen to look like it.

here is a rear pic:
__________________


Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #21
blackedout010
 
Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: north carolina
Posts: 695
if someone could make a similar package ( grills, front fascia with new light assembly etc, front spitter, and rear lower fascia. i know id buy it forsure.

Last edited by blackedout010; 05-30-2009 at 02:51 PM.
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
UsedTaHaveA68
 
UsedTaHaveA68's Avatar
 
Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 497
I'm loving the quad-tip exhaust.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #23
The_Blur
Moderator, USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Pensacola
Posts: 14,142
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
There were absolutely no plans for a Z28 or any work being done at Chevy/GM on a Z28. There is nothing in existence relating to a Z28 version of the current model except in the world of Photoshop and unfounded rumors.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNOLMT View Post
Yeah, I don't think there were any official z28 renderings. However there was this one which I don't believe has any official affiliation:



I really like the look of the grill and the rectangular foglights. Other than that, it just has nicer exhaust tips an different wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those parts came up as aftermarket parts in the future.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
That looks BADASS Jinx!
Jinx is easily the best photo-editing artist I've ever seen.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #24
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON
 
Camaro Lives On's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 1,636
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
The original design was intended to be a cost-thoughful and functional one too. I left the sheetmetal alone, due to the thought that I think it would be more expensive for the factory to do. If this was a kit, sheetmetal alterations would prolly put it out of most people desired price range.

This "kit" would replace front fascia, grille, hood, side skirts, rear spoiler and replace the stock black rear "diffuser" panel (where the exhaust tips exit through).

basically the same changes made going from a 2010 mustang gt to a 2010 Gt500, cosmetically.

I still wish the lower grille to have the two brake cooling vents as seen in the all the pics I have.

I would want this to be a OEM urethane material kit; not a cheap and brittle fiberglass kit. The front splitter, rear diffuser, and spoiler center piece I like to be a thicker black OEM urethane, but all have an carbon fiber versions optional. Also a signature rear center cabon fiber panel between the taillights as an option for those who want something different besides a black decal or paint.

Im daydreaming though. I want to make this kit bad. I have been from the start. I would want my 5th gen to look like it.

here is a rear pic:
Jinx, just like always, you continue to amaze me . I hope you get your hands on a Camaro, because I've been hoping from the begining to see this kit on a real car eventually. You always have this so planned out
__________________
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #25
SoloSK71
 
SoloSK71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 499
Now if only you could do one like the first and last in IOM ...

- SK
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I specially ordered a Z28! (unlike all of you) 496BIGBLOCK Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 70 01-02-2011 01:44 PM
Possible new option packages changes wanted for '11 '12 model years PYROLYSIS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 91 09-15-2010 05:15 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 12:59 AM
Bob Lutz interview radz28 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 113 08-28-2008 01:30 PM
Z28 - Please try and understand..... GTAHVIT Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 73 07-24-2008 12:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.