Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
FriedCherry

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IO Camaro
HeadLight / DRL question

I didn't get the RS. However I want my fog lights to be the DRL, not the HeadLights. Can this be changed by changing the wiring?

Thanks
FriedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
sure... you can try putting a jumpering the DRL hot lead to the fog lights hot side. Dont see the point though.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
FriedCherry

I do NOT like DRL at all. IF I would would have known that before I ordered, I would have gotten the RS just for that reason alone.

Are DRL required by law? If not I could just disable them completely?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedCherry View Post
I do NOT like DRL at all. IF I would would have known that before I ordered, I would have gotten the RS just for that reason alone.

Are DRL required by law? If not I could just disable them completely?
Depending on what status your order is you can probably change it to add the RS package.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
FriedCherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Depending on what status your order is you can probably change it to add the RS package.
Its at 3800.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Fried Cherry - just be sure you realize the Halo HIDs of the RS package cannot be on at the same time as the DRL as stock (unsure if you can mod them). Its either DRLs or Halos in running lights.

I'd prefer to be running the Halo as DRL- its been cloudly/rainy in NJ most of the week so I've been driving with running lights on - Halo's, side markers and tail lights.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
http://www.hidkit.com/Chevy-Camaro-HID-Kits/ I was trying to find a bulb for a friend of mine and came accross this site. The bulbs for his G-35 are 93.00 dollars Looks like the camaros are in the same price range. Talk about a pain, you had to pull 4 clips off and go threw the the inner wheel well. Never had HID's before, they look brite.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedCherry View Post
I didn't get the RS. However I want my fog lights to be the DRL, not the HeadLights. Can this be changed by changing the wiring?

Thanks
I too would like to change th DRL. On the non-RS the head lights are the DRL. I would like reverse the DRL to the fogs. Has anybody rewired there lights in this way? If so. Could someone direct me to the thread. I looked thru the appearence thread but could not find anything on this topic. Or post instructions and/or pics.
thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
CALI_FIREFIGHTER

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM
Open the front of the fender well by the front tire. Remove the bottom three torx screws. You will see a blue hot wire going to the side marker lights. Run a wire tapped into the hot wire on the side marker to the DRL. Hot wire is purple on drivers side and brown on passenger. Now your DRL's will turn on in day light and stay on when headlights come on.
CALI_FIREFIGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
On the non-RS models, the headlight selector knob has a push button in the middle for the fog lights.

You can also turn the DRL's off completely (as well as the auto lighting feature) by turning the headlight selector knob left to the off position and letting go.

CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Actually, on the non-RS you can have both the headlights and the fog lights on at the same time already. The headlights are the DRL. The center push button on the light switch will turn on the fogs while the DRL are on. Not a problem. As I stated earlier. I want the Fogs to come on as DRL. and them the center button would turn on the headlight. It can't be much more that switching the leads directly at the switch or somewhere down the line. But I'm not an wiring tech. I just need to be shown how to do it. Pics would be great... Photos are worth a thousand words. Thanks again.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Wired my LS head lights to come on with the side marker lights, no more DRLs. The Fog lights now are triggered by the previous headlights/DRL making them DRL/foglights. Had to use two 40A DPST relays to properly trigger but it is really simple to do.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #13
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
You can definitely mod the DRLs to come on with the halos. AAC Style sells the wiring kit to do it with instructions. Here are the instructions:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=96

I bought the LEDs from them to replace my DRLS and they gave me the wires to do that mod for free. It is easy.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
redneck2420

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS IBM w/White Strpies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Wired my LS head lights to come on with the side marker lights, no more DRLs. The Fog lights now are triggered by the previous headlights/DRL making them DRL/foglights. Had to use two 40A DPST relays to properly trigger but it is really simple to do.
Could you post a DIY on this?
redneck2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
One thing that these threads have not addressed is back feed into the cars PCM that controls the lights. Here is a DIY thread that shows how to wire up them on a switch but the diagram can be changed for automatic.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64489
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #16
HBMike

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green HBR
O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
VERY INTERESTED in doing this if you can outline a clear diy or some form of instructions.
Wilwood 6 Pistons -Magnaflow X-Cat back - CDC Havoc Styling - TSW Wheels - Roadwire Custom Green Leather Interior - Hotchkis Race Suspension - Whiteline Flatout - KW V3 Suspension - 3M Wraps - Toyo Tires - IPF Supercharger - Vortech V3 - Airaid Filters
HBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMike View Post
VERY INTERESTED in doing this if you can outline a clear diy or some form of instructions.
You can buy kits from Adaptive or Fieldgoal. Fieldgoal makes a wireless harness as well as a wired, but I think he moved forums.

Cheapest option would be to go through AAC. They make a simple kit for like $12 I think that includes everything you need to wire your DRL's to your sidemarkers.
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #18
Perez's Camaro

Drives: Camaro LS
I have the LS, so it dose not have the foglights. I already perchase an after market hardness and the foglamps. I would like to knOw if anybody can give me a tip in how to wire them to go on, when my parking lights go on. Anybody got ideas?
Perez's Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote