Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
Murnaneaa
Murnaneaa

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro
Trifecta tuning problems?

Has anyone ever had any problems when they put the trifecta tune on there camaro i have a 2011 v6 camaro. How big of a difference does it make? If you have it on your v8 please post your thought too thanks!
2011 Black Camaro, K & N Cold Air Intake, VMAX Ice-o-Lator, Varamax Ported Throttle body, Ported Intake Manifold, Port-matched heads,SLP Loudmouth 1 Axel-Back Exhaust, Weight Reductions, 3.55 Rear end and Gear swap, Phase Cam, Pace Setter Long tube Headers, Cat deletes, Trifecta tune, RX oil Catch can, 20inch Motegi Racing Rims, Nitto Radials, etc.

Murnaneaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green SE
I got mine from BNRacing and they were great and walked me through the whole thing. Did hear of some problems getting the ghost cam installed but I think they worked those bugs out long ago. Can't tell if you have an automatic transmission. That part alone is worth all of it!! You notice the shift points changed and are much firmer.If you are planning more mods they have free upgrades as well.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Murnaneaa
Murnaneaa

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro
yes i have an auto... how big of a differnce did you notice and how much did you pay? also, did you get a tuner so you could go back if you had to bring it back to chevy?
2011 Black Camaro, K & N Cold Air Intake, VMAX Ice-o-Lator, Varamax Ported Throttle body, Ported Intake Manifold, Port-matched heads,SLP Loudmouth 1 Axel-Back Exhaust, Weight Reductions, 3.55 Rear end and Gear swap, Phase Cam, Pace Setter Long tube Headers, Cat deletes, Trifecta tune, RX oil Catch can, 20inch Motegi Racing Rims, Nitto Radials, etc.

Murnaneaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS, 04 Turbo Busa
2012 with automatic. I have two tunes one for motor passes and one for nytrous passes. They both work great. Pricing, mine I got from BNR when they had a group buy special, plus I got both tunes at once and the cable. I have other mods with the tunes, so my feedback for performance numbers will differ from a stock engine. I have had no issues with the tunes and I switch them around several times a month. No Ghost Cam feature for the 2012s V6 LFX yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murnaneaa View Post
yes i have an auto... how big of a differnce did you notice and how much did you pay? also, did you get a tuner so you could go back if you had to bring it back to chevy?
CAI intake, RX catch can, NYTREX Nitrous,RX Ported Throttle body, APEX air scoop & washer relocation kit,, BMR diff bushings, cradle bushings, driveshaft loop and tunnel brace, trailing arms, toe arms, Hurst Roll control, Flex-a-lite transmission cooler, SOLO HFCs, M/T 20" D/Rs, FTI 3400 stall converter, JacFab ported intake manifold and upper intake isolator (12/13) Solo cat back Mach X system (2/14), SS diff 3.91 gears (11/2013) Weld RT-S 17x10 & 17x5 (4/2014)
TUNING BY: HP Tuners /MATT@FSP
( 1.63 60' / 12.238@107.62 10/25/2013 )
Refusing to grow older, I just go faster.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
I had them leave my shifting in D the same, but firmer in S mode. The added sportiness is nice.

As for performance to me it seemed to help response in the lower rpms and add some midrange pull, but it wasn't huge. Don't expect the car to become a new monster or anything, but it is an improvement. I had a few mods like intake, exhaust, and ported throttle body at the time.
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote