Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #26
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Update:

I went to my dealership yesterday, and sat down with a finance manager....

To clear up some rumors.... the 1LE is not a limited production car. They will be built to order. The only thing that "can" happen is if they run out of the wheels, vinyl wrap, transmissions, suspension parts, or anything unique to the 1LE. This would only cause a delay not a limit.

For the fun part, we built a 1LE to my liking.... 1SS, Vic Red, Dual Mode Exhaust, and it came to $36,091.00 invoice. The next step was to push the except button, and in 8-10 weeks (give or take), the 1LE would be built. Sadly, I need to wait a few more months :(

Seeing the invoice price got me thinking.... if the dual mode exhaust is proven at some point to only be a sound enhancement, and show no gains over the stock exhaust, I may just purchase a 1LE w/o it, and have an invoice price in the high 35k range. Not bad for everything this car offers.

We also took a look at my 2007 SS/SC for trade in, and in the current condition & mileage (mint condition, no winter driving, 46k) they offered me $11,100 (not bad).
__________________
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #27
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
Update:

I went to my dealership yesterday, and sat down with a finance manager....

To clear up some rumors.... the 1LE is not a limited production car. They will be built to order. The only thing that "can" happen is if they run out of the wheels, vinyl wrap, transmissions, suspension parts, or anything unique to the 1LE. This would only cause a delay not a limit.

For the fun part, we built a 1LE to my liking.... 1SS, Vic Red, Dual Mode Exhaust, and it came to $36,091.00 invoice. The next step was to push the except button, and in 8-10 weeks (give or take), the 1LE would be built. Sadly, I need to wait a few more months :(

Seeing the invoice price got me thinking.... if the dual mode exhaust is proven at some point to only be a sound enhancement, and show no gains over the stock exhaust, I may just purchase a 1LE w/o it, and have an invoice price in the high 35k range. Not bad for everything this car offers.

We also took a look at my 2007 SS/SC for trade in, and in the current condition & mileage (mint condition, no winter driving, 46k) they offered me $11,100 (not bad).
I think it's more like sound "management". It's docile when you are in areas that you might be prone to scrutiny from neighbors (and LEO's) and a beast when you are in areas that are more acceptable for it. Hooking it up to something like a mild-to-wild control would give you more control over it's original function. Advantageous to say the least.
__________________
Former Camaros: (gone but not forgotten)
1976 LT Black/Black 305 V8 (Bone Stock)
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Current Camaro:
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #28
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,067
The NPP exhaust HAS shown a HP increase. think it was 4 or 6 HP
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #29
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
The NPP exhaust HAS shown a HP increase. think it was 4 or 6 HP
On the Corvette. Only reason we haven't seen it on the Camaro is because GM hasn't spent the money to certify the extra horsepower. There should be an increase though. Maybe one of the SS guys that has it has had theres dynoed already.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #30
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,067
^^^ Thats what I'm sayin. I saw a post where someone added the NPP to their SS and saw an increase. I'm quite sure the 1LE (even without the NPP) will be .3 - .5 tenths quicker on the track :P (suspension/gears/lightweight wheels and gummier tires)
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
^^^ Thats what I'm sayin. I saw a post where someone added the NPP to their SS and saw an increase. I'm quite sure the 1LE (even without the NPP) will be .3 - .5 tenths quicker on the track :P (suspension/gears/lightweight wheels and gummier tires)
I think .3-.5 tenths quicker is way too optimistic especially since GM themselves give an identical 1/4 mile time on the car as the SS. It's a track car and not a strip car. The transmission ratios inside the transmission are different from the SS so the only gears that are lower are 3rd slightly with 4th being the most noticeable.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #32
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,067
I'm willing to bet someone will pull 12.5s in stock form. Might need optimal conditions but thats my hope :P
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #33
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I think .3-.5 tenths quicker is way too optimistic especially since GM themselves give an identical 1/4 mile time on the car as the SS. It's a track car and not a strip car. The transmission ratios inside the transmission are different from the SS so the only gears that are lower are 3rd slightly with 4th being the most noticeable.
GM is also lazy, and at the time of the brochure release they prob just threw those numbers in there. Only time will tell, but I also agree it will be quicker than the base SS. Read some of the reviews on it. Everyone mentions it feels quicker than the SS (even though feeling quicker is a matter of ones own perception). Only time will tell....
__________________
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
The NPP exhaust HAS shown a HP increase. think it was 4 or 6 HP
6hp on the Vette.
__________________
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #35
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I think it's more like sound "management". It's docile when you are in areas that you might be prone to scrutiny from neighbors (and LEO's) and a beast when you are in areas that are more acceptable for it. Hooking it up to something like a mild-to-wild control would give you more control over it's original function. Advantageous to say the least.
Yeah, I saw some photos of the stock Camaro catback, and other than the huge mufflers, it looks like it will flow alright.

I'll be interested in further tests on this.
__________________
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #36
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
^^^ Thats what I'm sayin. I saw a post where someone added the NPP to their SS and saw an increase. I'm quite sure the 1LE (even without the NPP) will be .3 - .5 tenths quicker on the track :P (suspension/gears/lightweight wheels and gummier tires)
NPP should make a HP difference. See this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine

Quoting from Wikipedia ...

In addition to the above, a dual-mode exhaust package with a bypass on acceleration is available. The dual-mode exhaust uses vacuum-actuated outlet valves, which control engine noise during low-load operation, but open for maximum performance during high-load operation. The system is similar to the C6 Z06, but uses a 2.5*in (64*mm) diameter exhaust compared to the Z06's 3*in (76*mm). Power is boosted to 436*hp (325*kW) and 428*lbft (580*Nm) with this option.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #37
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,194
I ordered a CrystalRedTintcoat 2SS with NPP and 1LE on Tuesday. Got an order number from HQ. Here's what the internet sales manager emailed to me:

"We were able to post your order before 4:00 pm (The Inventory manager told us that the 1LE is in constrain. Which means that GM has not released any of the vehicles nation wide) There are a few orders pending but GM has not build any of them yet. He will let us know when they will start building them.*

GM has*a specific target build time. They have a specific releae schedule that they have to abide to and no 1LE Camaro can be release before certain date. He will let us know when is the official release date. In* any event the vehicle is the ordering system and will get build ahead of any other order that gets put in the system afterwards."
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
strokerls1
 
Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS/RS with some options
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Flowery Branch, GA
Posts: 289
I can tell you this. My 2013 SS with NPP is WAY faster than the 2012 I had. I think the electronic p/s and NPP add a solid 15-20hp over the previous years. I have proof of this based on the race I had with my brothers 2011 GT. I consistently pull him every time on the street and even at the drag strip where he has the advantage. These 2013s will surprise a lot of the Ford fanboi's. Take a look at my YouTube page: BMoore408
strokerls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #39
Kent2010
 
Drives: Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
The NPP exhaust HAS shown a HP increase. think it was 4 or 6 HP
It seems to be accepted that adding a lower-restriction aftermarket catback to a stock SS adds no HP (see innumerable threads on this forum).

So *if* thats true -- if a low restriction aftermarket muffler adds no HP to a SS, why would a low restriction GM muffler be any different? Magic?


FYI -- I'm adding a Borla S-type to my SS, so I'd be quite pleasantly surprised if the conventional wisdom about catbacks not adding any power is WRONG!

Last edited by Kent2010; 09-13-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Kent2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #40
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerls1 View Post
I can tell you this. My 2013 SS with NPP is WAY faster than the 2012 I had. I think the electronic p/s and NPP add a solid 15-20hp over the previous years. I have proof of this based on the race I had with my brothers 2011 GT. I consistently pull him every time on the street and even at the drag strip where he has the advantage. These 2013s will surprise a lot of the Ford fanboi's. Take a look at my YouTube page: BMoore408
See this writeup about the LS3 with NPP in Wikipedia:

"...a dual-mode exhaust package with a bypass on acceleration is available. The dual-mode exhaust uses vacuum-actuated outlet valves, which control engine noise during low-load operation, but open for maximum performance during high-load operation. The system is similar to the C6 Z06, but uses a 2.5 in (64 mm) diameter exhaust compared to the Z06's 3 in (76 mm). Power is boosted to 436 hp (325 kW) and 428 lbft (580 Nm) with this option."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine#section_2
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #41
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
See this writeup about the LS3 with NPP in Wikipedia:

"...a dual-mode exhaust package with a bypass on acceleration is available. The dual-mode exhaust uses vacuum-actuated outlet valves, which control engine noise during low-load operation, but open for maximum performance during high-load operation. The system is similar to the C6 Z06, but uses a 2.5 in (64 mm) diameter exhaust compared to the Z06's 3 in (76 mm). Power is boosted to 436 hp (325 kW) and 428 lbft (580 Nm) with this option."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine#section_2
That's for the vette though....

I want to see what it does for the Camaro (other than awesome sound).

I assume it would be close to the vettes increase though.... Maybe.
__________________
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #42
b4z

 
Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '09 V8 SRX RWD
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,217
Electric power steering adds 5 hp on the 2013 Ram truck Hemi. And NPPwill prolly add 5-6 hp. So you should be able to feel it.

On The 1le the change in gearing will definitely make a difference in3rd and 4th gear acceleration.

With the tires the 1le has, the p/s ,NPP and gearing I would expect it to be.2 secs quicker
In the 1/4 then a 2012 SS.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #43
Lillarry
 
Lillarry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Waskom
Posts: 60
I have a target production week of October 1, on my 1le with dual mode exhaust. My order was placed about 3 weeks ago. When I go to the tracking system on the gm website it says it's queued for production. Hopefully it won't be November before I get the thing, I'm already tired of waiting on it.
Lillarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEE View Post
That's for the vette though....

I want to see what it does for the Camaro (other than awesome sound).

I assume it would be close to the vettes increase though.... Maybe.
Oops. Missed the label on the header of Wiki page. My error.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #45
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Oops. Missed the label on the header of Wiki page. My error.
Haha, no problem man. It still gave some good info
__________________
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #46
1LEE
 
1LEE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Electric power steering adds 5 hp on the 2013 Ram truck Hemi. And NPPwill prolly add 5-6 hp. So you should be able to feel it.

On The 1le the change in gearing will definitely make a difference in3rd and 4th gear acceleration.

With the tires the 1le has, the p/s ,NPP and gearing I would expect it to be.2 secs quicker
In the 1/4 then a 2012 SS.
This is a good estimate.

The electric power steering & gearing will probably be the biggest impact on that feel of "extra power".
__________________

Last edited by 1LEE; 09-14-2012 at 10:23 AM.
1LEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #47
CrystalRedTintcoat

 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,194
1LE Not Showing on my Online Order

Hi there. I entered my order number in the GM tracker web site. I see my car but the 1LE package isn't listed. Is this a dealer mistake or is this how your orders look too? I do see the 2SS package.

The confirmation paperwork from the dealer does show 1LE but that was before they actually ordered with GM.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #48
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,516
Um, I'd be very suspect on any wikipedia entries as solid and valid without a scholarly review. Just sayin.

I don't quote wikis unless I'm making fun of them.
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #49
BRM1LE
 
BRM1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: Soon to be 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Hi there. I entered my order number in the GM tracker web site. I see my car but the 1LE package isn't listed. Is this a dealer mistake or is this how your orders look too? I do see the 2SS package.

The confirmation paperwork from the dealer does show 1LE but that was before they actually ordered with GM.

There is nothing on the tracker that specifically says 1LE. You can tell its the 1LE by the tire description and the transmission description.
__________________
BRM1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #50
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRM1LE View Post
There is nothing on the tracker that specifically says 1LE. You can tell its the 1LE by the tire description and the transmission description.
I had a dog, and his name was BINGO!
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.