Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #26
Kwaz1335
The Kwaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Kwaz1335
it took me a while to get used to my mustang..especially with the slightly wider and rounded fenders of a Cobra and the huge pillars in the back. You will see...over time you will get used to it. Most times I don't even realize I lean forward to check my blind spot in my mirrors. I find that if you are seated correctly and not leaned back all gangster style...your ability to compensate for those blind spots increases. It took almost taking out a few cars in my blind spots on the expressway before getting used to them
Picked up and brought home 6/26/2009
2010 Black on Black SS/RS Camaro
Silver stripe package
Ground effects package
6 Speed Manual Transmission with Hurst short throw, Magnuson Supercharger, SLP loudmouth 1 kit.
Kwaz1335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Never drove a 4th gen cuz I was too young to drive at the time. However, driving the 5th gen I was very intimidated by the initial feeling of an "awkward lens of the outside world" from the inside, at first. Driving it and feeling the way the whole car comes together as a whole and the handling being so confidence inspiring visibility took a back-seat. It's really not that bad just takes some getting use to, and if anything at all should teach you to be more aware of your surroundings while driving.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #28
gtownCJA

Drives: Toyota Tacoma
I just rented the Camaro - an auto 1LT - from Avis in Chicago. They had about five on the lot just sitting there.

Anyway, I was surprised about the visibility. It's not as bad as I thought. Once you get the mirrors positioned right, changing lanes was a snap even in busy Chicago loop traffic. The rearview is useable if your seat is at the right height. The car I have has the moonroof, so it restricts how high you can sit, but the rearview is not as bad as I first thought.

The only thing that I had to get used to was the length of the hood. I drive a truck, so this was a major issue. I was pulling into the hotel here in Chicago and was not quite sure what was in front of me down at curb level.

I still think this visibility issue is overblown. GM had to make compromises to make such an awesome car. After a few minutes, it was not even an issue.
gtownCJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #29
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
It's a freakmobile alright.

It looks cool, and that's what we wanted.

For better visibility, the G8 excels.

Hey, as long as it looks good! That seeing everyone else on the road while you're driving thing is overrated.

orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #30
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaz1335 View Post
it took me a while to get used to my mustang..especially with the slightly wider and rounded fenders of a Cobra and the huge pillars in the back. You will see...over time you will get used to it. Most times I don't even realize I lean forward to check my blind spot in my mirrors. I find that if you are seated correctly and not leaned back all gangster style...your ability to compensate for those blind spots increases. It took almost taking out a few cars in my blind spots on the expressway before getting used to them
True about that gangsta style seating. I guess it's a generation gap thing, but I just can't understand when I see a person driving a car with the seat reclined almost all the way back!!!

I just want to get out of my vehicle and slap them.

You gotta drive it Nascar style with the steering wheel almost in your chest!

Guess everyone has their own preference on driving and how they feel comfotable, but I just don't understand it.
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #31
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamaroguy View Post
I think your right. I normally am always aware of what was around me when I drive. But when you get on a 5 lane freeway it is impossible to see everything especially on the busy California ones.

I test drove the 2010 mustang right after and I have to admit the visibilty was way more open and easy to see. But I like the looks and the power of the camaro way more.

agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I actually worked on some of the busiest CA freeways, I certainly know what you mean. You just have to go with the car that makes you the most comfortable.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 AM   #32
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_5thgen View Post
True about that gangsta style seating. I guess it's a generation gap thing, but I just can't understand when I see a person driving a car with the seat reclined almost all the way back!!!

I just want to get out of my vehicle and slap them.

You gotta drive it Nascar style with the steering wheel almost in your chest!

Guess everyone has their own preference on driving and how they feel comfotable, but I just don't understand it.
I'm with ya on that one brother

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #33
jma313

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
the visibility you will get used too I have only driven mustangs for the last 4 years and the switch was very easy for me im already used to it just keep driving and it will feel natural and probably actually make you a safer driver.
jma313 is offline   Reply With Quote