Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Prime Time

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
Which one first -Ported TB or Black Ice O-Lator?

I'm looking to do another engine performance upgrade and have been contemplating on buying a ported TB and a black ice-o-lator. I would like to know which one I would buy first to get the best performance out of my 1LT and then wait to get the other part later.

Also- on Vmax's website the Ported TB costs $150 but they want you to select the $200 core (refundable). What do they mean you have to send back the TB core? what is that? Are they talking about me sending back my stock TB and i will get $200 back?

Thanks
Prime Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
EASY choice. If you read the second "Note" on the page you will see the ice-o-lator does not work for the 2012's. http://www.revxtreme.com/vmax-black-iceolator

Last edited by K32 Camaro; 09-08-2012 at 08:02 AM.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
ohyeahjay

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
They want you to send your stock throttle body back
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
The black ice doesn't exist for the LFX since the IM isn't aluminum. Second the core exchange refers to you get a ported one swtiching it for your stock and you sending the stock back. I do believe the tbs might be a little bit behind in production idk, last I heard Rx was swamped
Old 09-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
The black ice doesn't exist for the LFX since the IM isn't aluminum. Second the core exchange refers to you get a ported one swtiching it for your stock and you sending the stock back. I do believe the tbs might be a little bit behind in production idk, last I heard Rx was swamped

The core is the original throttle body on your car now, that is how they get more to port and sell to others.

Also keep a watch out on here some vendors will post when they have extras in stock to order immediately. Mike Norris is good for that. I saw he had one available and jumped on it before anyone else and I had mine in less than a week.... You won't be disappointed in the TB it is one of the best mods for the money you can make on the LFX.