Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Yeah I also agree Zee-Ell-One. We need some picks!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #16
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
New Stories?

I started this thread I guess in Sept. I would like to know if any of you ZL1 owners have any unique stories similar to the other replies. I have not taking mine out much because of the winter weather. But Im sure I will have a cool story or two by the end of the year.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white
 
FAIRNOT LZ1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vernon CT
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....

NICE!!!
__________________
FAIRNOT ZL1

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
silverds
2015 SS 6M
 
silverds's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 561
The other day while driving through my neighborhood past the playground a 9 or 10 year old kid starts running after me on the other side of the fence and waving frantically. At first I was caught by surprise, then I was afraid something was wrong. I stopped the car and rolled my window down and asked if everything was alright. He apologized and said he just wanted to tell me he loves my car and runs out to see me drive by when he hears me driving by his house. I said thank you and went on my way. I had never seen him before. A couple days after I was driving home through my neighborhood and just happened to look in my rear view and this same kid and his friend run out of the house and seemed to jump and cheer. I wonder how many times he had done it before but at least now now I know where to look. Now I make sure I rev a little more and engine brake by his house. I haven't seen him run out since then but if he's in there, I know he's smiling.
__________________
silverds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #20
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
The other day while driving through my neighborhood past the playground a 9 or 10 year old kid starts running after me on the other side of the fence and waving frantically. At first I was caught by surprise, then I was afraid something was wrong. I stopped the car and rolled my window down and asked if everything was alright. He apologized and said he just wanted to tell me he loves my car and runs out to see me drive by when he hears me driving by his house. I said thank you and went on my way. I had never seen him before. A couple days after I was driving home through my neighborhood and just happened to look in my rear view and this same kid and his friend run out of the house and seemed to jump and cheer. I wonder how many times he had done it before but at least now now I know where to look. Now I make sure I rev a little more and engine brake by his house. I haven't seen him run out since then but if he's in there, I know he's smiling.


Nice!!!
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
Dave K
 
Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1, 1969 Buick 225 conv
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: W. Bloomfield Michigan
Posts: 104
Brings a tear to my eye
Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #22
Blown355
 
Blown355's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 738
I have yet to stop to get gas and not have a 20 minute conversation with people around me about the car.
__________________
2012 ZL1
10 spoke
M6
ECF
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
Normagene


 
Normagene's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Eastern, Mass
Posts: 2,611
I get lots of looks when driving around. And no I'm NOT Topless, I drive a coupe. To tell the truth, I still haven't seen another ZL1 on the road. Lots of camaro's of every color and model, but not a single ZL1! And yes, I'm definitely looking. One thing that is for sure, every time I pull up to a stop light the BOZO next to me wants to race. Doesn't seem to matter what they're driving either, a pickup, a junker, or minivan, or especially a mustang, they feel compelled to race. Have to admit I kinda like that, I do enjoy looking at them in the rearview mirror!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #24
Flea
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 199
My 22-month old daughter absolutely LOVES our ZL1 convertible. She can't say much at her age, but can make a growling car sound, point, and say "fast car." That says enough for me. One time, my wife was going to go to the grocery store, and our daughter was going with her. The garage door was open and my wife went to move our ladder into the garage. Our daughter saw the car and started walking over to it. My wife said, "No, we're going in Mommy's car." Our daughter flung herself on the ground and threw a fit because she wanted to ride in the "fast car." lol The attention the car gets from her is better than that of a stranger.

Once I was driving with the top down and was drinking an Amped energy drink. At a stoplight, a guy in a truck next to me rolled down his window and asked, "Is that car as amped up as that drink you're drinking?" I laughed and said, "Even more!" He laughed, gave me a thumbs up, and we drove off.

Another time, I was shopping in a Best Buy, and when I came out, I noticed there was another ZL1 parked next to me. The driver was still in the car and was j use waiting for me to come out. He said it was the first '13 he had seen. So of course we stood around and bs'd about the cars for a bit.

It's impossible to drive the ZL1 and not get comments or turn heads.
__________________
Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #25
ZL1ster
 
ZL1ster's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Carolina Swamps y'all
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....


...same story. Different forum.
YB <----
ZL1ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
tones2SS


 
tones2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardok View Post
Hey, I get thumbs up just for my ZL1 shirt and hat! Best story: Coming home from Lake Arrowhead first weekend I had my car. "Accidently" got it up to 90 MPH on I-210. Got home 30 mins later and an LAPD helicopter was circling my house (weird because its CHP and LACO Sheriff area) Thought for sure i was getting an "aerial "ticket". After making about 6 passes over my house the copter loudspeaker comes on: "nice car man" and he takes off. Bow tie or die!
AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee-Ell-One View Post
Took it to my first car show. The hottest blond chick in tight black shorts and a tube top comes walking up to the car with her dude in tow. She gawks down my car something fierce. Finally she asks me is this your car? Her dude standing there with his arms crossed and his tail between his legs says cumon lets go! She says you go ahead I'm guna ask some questions. He stormed off. I asked her, why is your dude in such a hurry? She said thats my brother!....She's now my girlfriend.....
Even more AWESOME!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #27
rzrbck_zl1
 
rzrbck_zl1's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 316
Yeah, I rarely stop the car without having a conversation about it. Of course, I'm always more than willing to chat, though I sometimes notice my wife sitting in the passenger seat just shaking her head. I agree with Normagene; it seems the ZL1 brings out the "beast" in a lot of drivers (no matter the vehicle) when they're sitting at the stop light next to me!
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #28
z28-conv
 
z28-conv's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
My 22-month old daughter absolutely LOVES our ZL1 convertible. She can't say much at her age, but can make a growling car sound, point, and say "fast car." That says enough for me. One time, my wife was going to go to the grocery store, and our daughter was going with her. The garage door was open and my wife went to move our ladder into the garage. Our daughter saw the car and started walking over to it. My wife said, "No, we're going in Mommy's car." Our daughter flung herself on the ground and threw a fit because she wanted to ride in the "fast car." lol The attention the car gets from her is better than that of a stranger.

Once I was driving with the top down and was drinking an Amped energy drink. At a stoplight, a guy in a truck next to me rolled down his window and asked, "Is that car as amped up as that drink you're drinking?" I laughed and said, "Even more!" He laughed, gave me a thumbs up, and we drove off.

Another time, I was shopping in a Best Buy, and when I came out, I noticed there was another ZL1 parked next to me. The driver was still in the car and was j use waiting for me to come out. He said it was the first '13 he had seen. So of course we stood around and bs'd about the cars for a bit.

It's impossible to drive the ZL1 and not get comments or turn heads.


That is a cool story about your daughter. I have a 11 month old son. He is a little young still. But he is learning, I also have a '97 Z-28 convertible and it has open Borla exhaust on it. When I go and pick him up at daycare the women says. He is very smart, he can hear daddy's car and knows daddy is coming to pick him up.

z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.