Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Legion455
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SW SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 23
iTSX Software??

Hey all,

Just received my wireless tuning from Ted @ Jannetty,... and I can't seem to get the software loaded on my PC (Win 7 64-bit)

The instructions said to go to www/sctflash.com for the software,... (ie it wasn't included in with the box) ,,, but I'll be darned if I can find it...

Can someone help me out with a link?

thanks
Allen

Last edited by Legion455; 09-16-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Legion455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Crime2
Got Boost?
 
Crime2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 609
I think you have to click on support then put in your serial number an it will load up the page with the software to download.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If is spelllled wrong deal with it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,025
Try going to Itunes and downloading it.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus
 
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion455 View Post
Hey all,

Just received my wireless tuning from Ted @ Jannety,... and I can't seem to get the software loaded on my PC (Win 7 64-bit)

The instructions said to go to www/sctflash.com for the software,... (ie it wasn't included in with the box) ,,, but I'll be darned if I can find it...

Can someone help me out with a link?

thanks
Allen
The iTSX/TSX is for android and iPhone/iPod touch (2nd Gen and up)

The data logging software is called livelink and it can be found via Google search.
__________________
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
Legion455
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SW SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Try going to Itunes and downloading it.
I figured this our, even though there was no mention of it with their instructions.
1. Downloaded the iTunes APP for iTSX.
2. Sync with my iPhone
3. NOW, the app is on my iPhonwe , and I'm able to copy my original stock tune over to the iTSX using the iPhone app.

4. This is where I'm lost ... trying to get the tune transferred over to my computer ....

Here's the instructions given with the iTSX



Points to remember, no software came in with the iTSX, and apparantly there's no software on the www.sctflash.com pages either...

and when I connect the iTSX to my PC using the micro USB port,... It asks for drivers which are not present and cannot be found.


Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,... and when/if we get it figured out, I'll send a write-up to Ted, .. so he can change his "not very useful" instructions.

thanks again
Allen

PS ... NOT trying to bash anyone or anything here guys, just want to get it working the way it's supposed to.
Legion455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
Legion455
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SW SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
The iTSX/TSX is for android and iPhone/iPod touch (2nd Gen and up)

The data logging software is called livelink and it can be found via Google search.
I have absolutely "no idea" what you're referring to (livelink), as no mention of this is made in the instructions. (please see other post)


thanks
Allen

ps, I'm using an iPhone 3, yet also have a 4s as well.
Legion455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
sloSS
 
sloSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 249
I experienced the driver issue, too.
In my excitement (big boys and their toys!) I initiated the device in the wrong start-up order.
I called SCT Tech Support, they remotely logged onto my laptop computer, and added the missing driver(s).
Works great now!
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Legion455
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SW SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 23
hmmm,.... well, uh, ... glad you got it working.... so you apparantly did not have the iPhone/wireless version?... yet still had trouble?

Maybe they sent me the wrong instructions?? ie, maybe I have the "wired" instructions instead of the wireless?

If I knew I was going to be the first Guinea-pig to try this .... I would have just ordered the original...

Does anyone know what software I need loaded on my desktop PC (SCT Device Updater),.. a link to that software,... w/ instructions?

thanks for your comments!m much appreciated!
Allen
Legion455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
Legion455
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SW SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 23
I think I'm making some headway...

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Connect iPhone up to PC,.. go to iTunes, search for ITSX, then download this free app, install/sync it to your iPhone.

2.Follow Teds directions for reading your stock tune info from your car.

3. Go to www.sctflash.com, Click on "tech support", then scroll left/right until you locate.. SCT X3 Power Flash -GM (even though you have the iTSX) Click on this.

4. the next page asks for you to enter your serial number that can be found on your iTSX module. Enter Serial Number and Click Submit.

5. Next page,.... scroll down until you find the latest version fo the software .... ie,..
SCT X3 Power Flash General Motors Programmer Device Update Software
Version: 2.9.7.82 Release Date: 08-02-2012

Download and run.

6. Now, connect the micro usb cable up to you iTSX module , and then to your PC. Select "load driver software sutomatically"

7. On your desktop should be an icon "SCT Device Updater" ... double-click and run... then follow Teds directions...

this may not be perfect yet,.. but at least I'm able to get my stock tune transferred to my PC, then emailed to Ted!!

hope this helps!
Allen
Legion455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus
 
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion455 View Post
I think I'm making some headway...

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Connect iPhone up to PC,.. go to iTunes, search for ITSX, then download this free app, install/sync it to your iPhone.

2.Follow Teds directions for reading your stock tune info from your car.

3. Go to www.sctflash.com, Click on "tech support", then scroll left/right until you locate.. SCT X3 Power Flash -GM (even though you have the iTSX) Click on this.

4. the next page asks for you to enter your serial number that can be found on your iTSX module. Enter Serial Number and Click Submit.

5. Next page,.... scroll down until you find the latest version fo the software .... ie,..
SCT X3 Power Flash General Motors Programmer Device Update Software
Version: 2.9.7.82 Release Date: 08-02-2012

Download and run.

6. Now, connect the micro usb cable up to you iTSX module , and then to your PC. Select "load driver software sutomatically"

7. On your desktop should be an icon "SCT Device Updater" ... double-click and run... then follow Teds directions...

this may not be perfect yet,.. but at least I'm able to get my stock tune transferred to my PC, then emailed to Ted!!

hope this helps!
Allen
You're kind of doing this the hard way. Those instructions are for the SCT X3, not iTSX. And the livelink app is only needed for datalogging. (and you'll need a laptop to use it).

Here's what i did (all performed from your iPhone/android device):

1: download and install the iTSX app from itunes or android market.

2: plug the iTSX adapter into your car's OBD2 port

3: turn key to the on position

4: sync your phone to the iTSX via bluetooth

5: launch app and on the main page, click programming

6: there should be an option to "upload to SCT" somewhere

7: after you run that, it will attach your stock tune to an email (should be you VIN.sul). Change the "to" line of your email from SCT tech support, to Ted Jannetty's email address.

8: Fill out all the information that Ted asks for in the SCT X3 instructions and hit "Send"

9: twiddle thumbs until you receive your email from Ted.

10: after you get the email back, download the attached file to your iPhone/android

11: attach the iTSX adapter to your OBD2 port

12: turn key to the on position

13: use the file explorer to find the file on you phone, and click it

14: this should launch the iTSX app and you the can select programming and custom tune.

If you have any issues, call Ted or SCT tech support.

Hope it helped
__________________
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion455 View Post
I figured this our, even though there was no mention of it with their instructions.
1. Downloaded the iTunes APP for iTSX.
2. Sync with my iPhone
3. NOW, the app is on my iPhonwe , and I'm able to copy my original stock tune over to the iTSX using the iPhone app.

4. This is where I'm lost ... trying to get the tune transferred over to my computer ....

Here's the instructions given with the iTSX



Points to remember, no software came in with the iTSX, and apparantly there's no software on the www.sctflash.com pages either...

and when I connect the iTSX to my PC using the micro USB port,... It asks for drivers which are not present and cannot be found.


Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,... and when/if we get it figured out, I'll send a write-up to Ted, .. so he can change his "not very useful" instructions.

thanks again
Allen

PS ... NOT trying to bash anyone or anything here guys, just want to get it working the way it's supposed to.

There are 2 ways to transfer the tuning files to and from the ITSX.

First it totally wireless the other is via USB, and a Windows computer, if you want to you can use the Device updater software to do this.

I am sorry guys I have not had time to write custom instructions for the iTSX Yet so best to refer to SCT web site for instructions.

Transferring files and datalogging it all handled via the iTSX App.

But you have the option of transfering them via USB cable and a laptop.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
You're kind of doing this the hard way. Those instructions are for the SCT X3, not iTSX. And the livelink app is only needed for datalogging. (and you'll need a laptop to use it).

Here's what i did (all performed from your iPhone/android device):

1: download and install the iTSX app from itunes or android market.

2: plug the iTSX adapter into your car's OBD2 port

3: turn key to the on position

4: sync your phone to the iTSX via bluetooth

5: launch app and on the main page, click programming

6: there should be an option to "upload to SCT" somewhere

7: after you run that, it will attach your stock tune to an email (should be you VIN.sul). Change the "to" line of your email from SCT tech support, to Ted Jannetty's email address.

8: Fill out all the information that Ted asks for in the SCT X3 instructions and hit "Send"

9: twiddle thumbs until you receive your email from Ted.

10: after you get the email back, download the attached file to your iPhone/android

11: attach the iTSX adapter to your OBD2 port

12: turn key to the on position

13: use the file explorer to find the file on you phone, and click it

14: this should launch the iTSX app and you the can select programming and custom tune.

If you have any issues, call Ted or SCT tech support.

Hope it helped

Thank you for the Help on this.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #13
Legion455
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SW SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 23
Everything is getting much clearer now,.... all I was trying to do was follow instructions, which was getting me nowhere. :(

I sent off the file to you late yesterday,... hopefully it's correct.

thanks again to all for the help.
Allen
Legion455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #14
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus
 
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for the Help on this.

Ted.
Thanks for the tune. My L99/A6 got its "Beast Mode" switched on!
__________________
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #15
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
Thanks for the tune. My L99/A6 got its "Beast Mode" switched on!
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #16
Legion455
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SW SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 23
Everything is working great!!! Many thanks to Ted and Chris at JRE!!

(instructions for iTSX "do" need a few revisions tho...

Allen
Legion455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 9,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion455 View Post
Everything is working great!!! Many thanks to Ted and Chris at JRE!!

(instructions for iTSX "do" need a few revisions tho...

Allen
Nick is Working on a set of instructions with screen shots, which will be very nice and Easy.

Upload stock is done so far.

Ted.
__________________
Technical information, Parts Sales, Professional Installation, and Custom Dyno Tuning.
Please vist our web sites for all your performance needs!
Ted Jannetty
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.