Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
Venom SS
Black BumbleBee!!!!

Drives: 1SSRS Black/Silver Stripes
Would any of you consider purchasing a Purple ZL1

So back in the day car manufacturers when they built special cars they would make their standard colors (i.e black, white, silver,)

What do you think if chevy built a purple Zl1 or maybe an off green ZL1

I personally think a nice dark purple metallic would b straight classic!!

What are your thoughts??
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
zSHOWTIMEz
So Cal Invasion

Drives: 2011 2SS RS PACKAGE
Dark purple metallic , id buy that with no hesitation I'm sad I could not find a crystal red SS in cali ,
So if the dark purple was the same color style as the imperial blue or crystal red I'd buy it )
zSHOWTIMEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
jesslz

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS RS M6 "Ruby"
I saw a metallic purple Camaro around town and I loved it. If I couldn't get my RJT I was thinking about a custom paint job for sure
jesslz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
Brutal SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
That would be pretty awesome!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
Dizzy

Drives: Black 2011 2ss
im down for a dark metallic purple or burgundy. i mean hey its a zl1 what the flip not, who is gonna talk crap about a zl1, maybe if someone wants to dunk out the car but that would be dumb as shit
Old 09-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #6
SpkCamaro12

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS - Traded In
Here is some colors I would like too see.
Dont think the first one is BRM, but I might be wrong.

TRADED IN - 2012 2LT RS - VMAX Throttle Body - MRT V1 - CAI - Trifecta Tune - Matching Interior Lightning (Footwells and Dome) - Sequential Taillights - Blacked out Front n Back Bowties - 228VX Train Horn

Traded for 2011 Corvette

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7428/sig2gx.jpg
SpkCamaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #7
AKA
Go SteeleRS/SS

Drives: '11 SS/RS LS3
I owned a purple cavalier. First new car I ever bought. So yes I would buy a purple ZL1.
AAC lighting, 2 sub thump boxes with Rockford 10s
4 20x9" factory wheels powder coated Satin Black
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '10 2LT/RS,'14 Caddy CTS Coupe
I've seen a crystal red ZL1.....its georgous.....I personally like loud colors....a nice purple would be great
Old 09-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #9
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSHOWTIMEz View Post
Dark purple metallic , id buy that with no hesitation I'm sad I could not find a crystal red SS in cali ,
So if the dark purple was the same color style as the imperial blue or crystal red I'd buy it )
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Amclymon
Account Suspended

Drives: 11 maro 1ss
Yes

Like the chargers plum crazy!
Amclymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #11
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
I'd personally love to see a Bright Purple Metallic be brought back:

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
These cars wear bold colors very well but I do not think I would buy a purple car.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 1SS BRM
Hell yeah, it's a Zl1 and I can always repaint it. But my 5 year old little girl's favorite color is purple so I don't think she would let me repaint it. lol
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
If it were like the C4's black rose, perhaps. It doesn't just jump out at you as purple. But I could wear something like this.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
ParisTNDude

Drives: 2006 Corvette
Nah...in 20 years, a car that color will get plenty of laughs! For resale value, buy the most popular color.

Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...html?r=1"]2010
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
I'd honestly rather see them bring back that god-awful light-brown that was on the Berlinettas back in the early 80's than to see a purple ZL1.

My apologies to those who truly want a purple one.......
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #17
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I think one of the biggest problems with the Camaro is the lack of ostentatious colors. This is a pony car, not a camry. What's with all the conservative colors? This car should be proper loud, and it's exterior color should be loud also. Synergy green (or some variation thereof) should be a regular production, extra cost color. Aqua blue metallic (or some variation thereof, subie blue, opulent blue, etc..) should also be a regular production, extra cost color. There should definitely be a purple as well. FORD offers grabber blue. That color looks amazing on the mustang (not saying that is the blue that I would want on a camaro, or that it would look good either). Regardless of the fact that that color sells well on the mustang or not, THEY STILL OFFER THE COLOR.

And why the lack of creativity when it comes to color choices for the interior? Why just the same old boring black or gray interior. How about a white interior? How about a red interior? Why don't you offer more choices and options like Ford does?

The mojave leather? Now that is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction GM, but why are you limiting it to only the dusk edition? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into my personal rant. But this is an extremely sore subject for me. Blue Ray Metallic? Give me a break GM, what a let down. Way to disappoint your loyal customers.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpkCamaro12 View Post
Here is some colors I would like too see.
Dont think the first one is BRM, but I might be wrong.
[/IMG]
That is NOT BRM. I wish they'd make that colour

And a purple ZL1 would be interesting! I mean look at how popular Plum Crazy Purple was for Mopar...

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Though I like the Plum Crazy color, I could only drive it on a Challenger. A car would have to have that complete retro look to make it work for me.

However, just because I wouldn't buy it doesn't mean I don't think they should make it. I'm sure there would be a market. I just wouldn't be in it.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I think one of the biggest problems with the Camaro is the lack of ostentatious colors. This is a pony car, not a camry. What's with all the conservative colors? This car should be proper loud, and it's exterior color should be loud also. Synergy green (or some variation thereof) should be a regular production, extra cost color. Aqua blue metallic (or some variation thereof, subie blue, opulent blue, etc..) should also be a regular production, extra cost color. There should definitely be a purple as well. FORD offers grabber blue. That color looks amazing on the mustang (not saying that is the blue that I would want on a camaro, or that it would look good either). Regardless of the fact that that color sells well on the mustang or not, THEY STILL OFFER THE COLOR.

And why the lack of creativity when it comes to color choices for the interior? Why just the same old boring black or gray interior. How about a white interior? How about a red interior? Why don't you offer more choices and options like Ford does?

The mojave leather? Now that is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction GM, but why are you limiting it to only the dusk edition? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into my personal rant. But this is an extremely sore subject for me. Blue Ray Metallic? Give me a break GM, what a let down. Way to disappoint your loyal customers.
Well said... Camaros are not meant to blend in, not supposed to be another camoflaged metal box to join the procession of dull commuter chambers. Color 'em up, loud and bold!

All chrome looks sorta odd, and I'm not sure if a glow- in- the- dark paint would be legal... but other than that, bring on the color. Purple, hell yes... that should be a basic color (love the way it looks on Challengers, BTW)... Synergy green is just about as great as it gets, and screamin' cite me yellow says, "Hey, I'm a rock star... love me!" IOM demands attention, and
some more reds and blues would be okay with me, too...

And, as soon as those six numbers on the ticket I got at the Gas'n'go match up with what the lady pulls out of the ping ping ball barrel, I'm gittin' me one of every color available.

Except for brown. No brown Camaros of ANY shade.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Of course I'd buy it! I'm trying to get more purple accents on my car already - it's the Ravens pride!
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Yellow stands out for sure...
But I wouldn't buy a purple car.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #23
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post

Except for brown. No brown Camaros of ANY shade.
I personally would LOVE to see a metallic root beer type color.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #24
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post

I agree 100%. Hell yes I would have bought purple if it was available. It makes zero sense that on a car that is not your basic 4 door appliance, but a car meant to get attention, they offer the same or even fewer boring colors as econoboxes. Now I see brown is supposed to be the new "in" color. Forget it.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
BeachBum

Drives: 2012 (ZL-1) #468
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytiger View Post
Yellow stands out for sure...
But I wouldn't buy a purple car.
I Agree With You About The Yellow - Car Already Has An Attitude And The Yellow Makes It Really Stand Out - People Say They Can See Me Coming Blocks Away With The Color