Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

View Poll Results: Who Would Win In A Fight?
Floyd Mayweather Jr. 7 41.18%
Manny Pacquiao 10 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Floyd Mayweather Jr. V.S. Manny Pacquiao

Will this fight ever take place in their prime? Who would win in your opinion? I know Floyd "claims" Manny is using performance enhancement drugs and today the judge orders Mayweather to pay Pacman $113,000 in legal fees which is chump change to him.

Read about it. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-m...0671--box.html

So what's really stopping these two great fighter's from putting on the gloves and set aside politics and just duke it out?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,703
Floyd will destroy him. Anyone who knows boxing knows this. The real fight to watch is Bradley vs Mayweather.
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Floyd will destroy him. Anyone who knows boxing knows this. The real fight to watch is Bradley vs Mayweather.
Floyd is a faster fighter but, Manny is a heavy hitter. I don't believe Bradley will bring in ratings not even in the same level as Manny think again you know this.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Floyd is a faster fighter but, Manny is a heavy hitter. I don't believe Bradley will bring in ratings not even in the same level as Manny think again you know this.
Manny is washed up bro. Bradley beat him with a broken foot. As someone who boxes, I can't tell you how big of a disadvantage that is. Despite that he still walked right through most of Manny's punches.

In addition, Marquez gave Manny huge trouble in their last fight. Marquez is just a slower and weaker Mayweather.

Manny hits hard, but Floyd doesn't get hit. His defense is amazing and he has an amazing chin anyway.

Bradley will still pull good numbers and it doesn't matter much anyway as Floyd is the real money maker anyway.

I legitimately want to see Bradley vs Floyd WAY more than Pac vs Floyd. Pac vs Floyd will be relatively boring and an easy win for Floyd.

Floyd vs Bradley however, now that will be a fight. I'm a Mayweather fan and I want to see him get challenged. There is a serious chance that he could lose to Bradley, which will make for an amazing fight regardless of who wins.

Sorry but Marquez may have won his last fight with Pac, despite what the judges said. It could have gone either way but it seemed like he had a slight edge. I think he is going to win this upcoming fight in December and that will basically be it for Pac. He had a great career though and has nothing to be ashamed of, only proud of.
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead
 
WheelmanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,793
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Floyd will destroy him. Anyone who knows boxing knows this. The real fight to watch is Bradley vs Mayweather.
This.

PBF's style is the bane of Pacquiao's existence. You could certainly make the argument Pac lost to Marquez in the 3rd fight. A solid counter-puncher handles him.

'Superfights' aren't what they used to be. In boxing and MMA, nobody wants to concede to the risk of losing, and they push past their prime before they go all in.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
573 RWHP 498 RWTQ
- Vortech V3 Supercharger
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
AZCamaroFan
Coming Soon
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,561
by the time these two fight Father Time will win.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
eggydoo
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 633
Can go either way in my opinion. Key I think will be if Mayweather can dodge the left hand since Manny is southpaw. Mayweather tends to lean back and roll the shoulder.

Latest rumor I saw is fight won't happen til Paq ends his contract with Top Rank and he joins Mayweather. Makes sense to me if I wanted to keep more $$.

For all we know, they're secret buddies and hang out together trying to figure out how to maximize their earnings.
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydoo View Post
Can go either way in my opinion. Key I think will be if Mayweather can dodge the left hand since Manny is southpaw. Mayweather tends to lean back and roll the shoulder.

Latest rumor I saw is fight won't happen til Paq ends his contract with Top Rank and he joins Mayweather. Makes sense to me if I wanted to keep more $$.

For all we know, they're secret buddies and hang out together trying to figure out how to maximize their earnings.
What what what

Marquez did it just fine, Floyd would do it even better. Not trying to be overly argumentative but no way the fight could go either way. Can you elaborate on why you think this?

At this point you will only see the fight if Pac weighs the payday over the beat down. Personally if I were him, I'd take the beat down and enjoy the money.
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,574
wait, did bradley and manny fight for a second time? I know the judges said bradley won the first match, but even bradley was willing to give up the title because it was BS. lol

as to the OP, Money May would win.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
wait, did bradley and manny fight for a second time? I know the judges said bradley won the first match, but even bradley was willing to give up the title because it was BS. lol

as to the OP, Money May would win.
Nope just once.

He gave it back? I thought he just made it vacant to entice Pac into a rematch?

You gotta watch Bradley v Pac without the commentary. I watched it twice and I scored it for Bradley both times. The crowd and announcers were extremely pro Pac. A friend I spar with thought Pac won, but upon watching it again he changed his mind.

Bradley is a tough man, hes fought with a broken rib before...
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Nope just once.

He gave it back? I thought he just made it vacant to entice Pac into a rematch?

You gotta watch Bradley v Pac without the commentary. I watched it twice and I scored it for Bradley both times. The crowd and announcers were extremely pro Pac. A friend I spar with thought Pac won, but upon watching it again he changed his mind.

Bradley is a tough man, hes fought with a broken rib before...
no, he didn't give it back. lol

Overall, Pacquiao landed 253 punches to Bradley's total of 159.

Pacquiao was more accurate, especially with his power punches. He landed 190 power punches to Bradley's 108.
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
Spider213
 
Spider213's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 victory red 1 LT RS
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Abq, NM
Posts: 34
This fight is 2 years past me really caring about it. Manny has a ton of trouble with counter punchers and Floyd is the best counter puncher out there. I think the real super fight today would be Sergio Martinez vs Andre Ward but Ward is probably never going to come down in weight to make that happen.
__________________
Spider213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead
 
WheelmanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,793
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
I see Camaro5 members know as much about boxing as they do about Camaros. The misinformation about fights in here is comical.

Besides DarkneSS, most of you have any idea what you're talking about.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
573 RWHP 498 RWTQ
- Vortech V3 Supercharger
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
PoorMansCamaro
n00b
 
PoorMansCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: Really Slow
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 53,574
meh, it's not really that important, now is it?
__________________
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead
 
WheelmanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,793
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
no, not really. I'll give you that.

But if people give an opinion on something, it would be good if it was based on facts and logic instead of pulled out of the air/off the top of their head.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
573 RWHP 498 RWTQ
- Vortech V3 Supercharger
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
I see Camaro5 members know as much about boxing as they do about Camaros. The misinformation about fights in here is comical.

Besides DarkneSS, most of you have any idea what you're talking about.
Really? who are you to judge most of us on boxing? Well why don't you feed us facts not fiction information please
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Manny is washed up bro. Bradley beat him with a broken foot. As someone who boxes, I can't tell you how big of a disadvantage that is. Despite that he still walked right through most of Manny's punches.

In addition, Marquez gave Manny huge trouble in their last fight. Marquez is just a slower and weaker Mayweather.

Manny hits hard, but Floyd doesn't get hit. His defense is amazing and he has an amazing chin anyway.

Bradley will still pull good numbers and it doesn't matter much anyway as Floyd is the real money maker anyway.

I legitimately want to see Bradley vs Floyd WAY more than Pac vs Floyd. Pac vs Floyd will be relatively boring and an easy win for Floyd.

Floyd vs Bradley however, now that will be a fight. I'm a Mayweather fan and I want to see him get challenged. There is a serious chance that he could lose to Bradley, which will make for an amazing fight regardless of who wins.

Sorry but Marquez may have won his last fight with Pac, despite what the judges said. It could have gone either way but it seemed like he had a slight edge. I think he is going to win this upcoming fight in December and that will basically be it for Pac. He had a great career though and has nothing to be ashamed of, only proud of.
Do you honestly think Bradley beat Manny? Serious bro? "What are you smoking?" i suggest you re-watch that fight and forget what those lame referees had on the card cause i seen the entire fight on paperview and everyone was stunned even Bradley's family. He was so digust of himself he offered a re-match and didn't even had the "Balls" to say he won fair and square. His excuse? I got to re-watch the tape and then i'll make a better judgement. Honestly i felt the fight was (Set up) for the refs to screw manny for another pay day. Cause Manny smiled the entire time and took it like a champ.



Want facts? Every fighter gets hit sooner or later it's not impossible to hit by a South paw. A convict like Floyd who hit his baby mother several times and she press charges for domestic voilence and he got off easy served a few months in jail. If you ask me he has it coming.

Last ask yourself do the people want to see Bradley v.s Mayweather?
I gaurantee Majority wants to see Manny v.s Mayweather the fight of the decade and it will have 10 folds bigger pay day. Just place your bets.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead
 
WheelmanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,793
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Really? who are you to judge most of us on boxing? Well why don't you feed us facts not fiction information please
Have you ever stepped into a ring and engaged in a combat sport with another man? No? Cuz I have.

I have been boxing for a few years now. I put in at least 2 hours in a day at the gym at least 5 days a week.

I study the sport, I train in it, I compete in it. I'm not Joey BagofDonuts who watches a handle full of PPVs per year with a beer in his hand snacking on cheetos.

What facts would you like me to provide? I can go through fight metrics for you if that helps. But knowing the sport, styles make fights. Pac stuggles with counter-punchers. PBF is the best in that aspect, and if you watch who each has fought, and who those individuals have fought, you can come to the same conclusion. You site Pac's 'power' as a factor in the fight. In 8-10 oz gloves, speed is a more important factor. That advantage goes to PBF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Want facts? Every fighter gets hit sooner or later it's not impossible to hit by a South paw. A convict like Floyd who hit his baby mother several times and she press charges for domestic voilence and he got off easy served a few months in jail. If you ask me he has it coming.
How is that a 'fact'? If that's your argument, I could say, "The sky is blue because the earth is mostly water, and that's blue."

Who says it's 'fight people want to see'? Casual fans that know nothing about the sport? Who cares. I want to see legitimate fights.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
573 RWHP 498 RWTQ
- Vortech V3 Supercharger
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Have you ever stepped into a ring and engaged in a combat sport with another man? No? Cuz I have.

I have been boxing for a few years now. I put in at least 2 hours in a day at the gym at least 5 days a week.

I study the sport, I train in it, I compete in it. I'm not Joey BagofDonuts who watches a handle full of PPVs per year with a beer in his hand snacking on cheetos.

What facts would you like me to provide? I can go through fight metrics for you if that helps. But knowing the sport, styles make fights. Pac stuggles with counter-punchers. PBF is the best in that aspect, and if you watch who each has fought, and who those individuals have fought, you can come to the same conclusion. You site Pac's 'power' as a factor in the fight. In 8-10 oz gloves, speed is a more important factor. That advantage goes to PBF.
I've stepped in the ring before at a gym hell one of my ex even was a fighter in Cali so before you answer your question for me ask.

I just do it to keep in shape for work. I never heard of you must be local got any videos? So we can see..

Not everyone is Joey Donuts just a fan of the sport and competitive.

Just cause your a boxer does that make you more knowledgable then the judges and referee's who scored that terrible "Set up" Bradley V.S. Manny? As boxer can you seriously say with a straight face Bradley won that fight and didn't get his butt handed to him?

So speed will win a fight just grab the opponent and hold on dear life run around the ring until 12 rounds hmm? People don't pay hard earned money to see that. They want to see someone get K.O. or bleeding that's the sport.

I still stand by my word as you stand by yours so i'm guessing your a Mayweather fan so am i. But, keep in mind every fighter is different and every fight is different. It might be Mayweather night or he just might lose focus and it might be Pac-man's night. It can go either way depends who has the "Heart & Focus" that fight night.


If a man can lower himself to hit a woman the mother of his kids..he doesn't deserve to be champ. I don't care much about his personal life and what he does beyond the ring just..the way some people portray him as c0cky boxer that talks a good one and throws money around but, he's no where in the same league as the great talker and boxer Muhammad Ali. It's bound to happen sooner or later he'll be defeated only boxer that can do it today is Manny and that's a fact. Bradley..don't make me laugh
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead
 
WheelmanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,793
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I've stepped in the ring before at a gym hell one of my ex even was a fighter in Cali so before you answer your question for me ask.
A sanctioned fight? my 5 year old nephew has 'stepped into the ring before' but I don't call him a fighter

Quote:
I just do it to keep in shape for work. I never heard of you must be local got any videos? So we can see.
I never said I was a ranked fighter, I just have said I have fought before. I'll try and get some videos next time we spar at one of the gyms. All I have right now are my weightlift PR pics if you like?

Quote:
Not everyone is Joey Donuts just a fan of the sport and competitive.

Just cause your a boxer does that make you more knowledgable then the judges and referee's who scored that terrible "Set up" Bradley V.S. Manny? As boxer can you seriously say with a straight face Bradley won that fight and didn't get his butt handed to him?
I hate to break it to you, but not every fight that is scored controversely is a "set up". Bradley had a great game plan and executed it. Fight stats don't always tell the whole story.

Quote:
So speed will win a fight just grab the opponent and hold on dear life run around the ring until 12 rounds hmm? People don't pay hard earned money to see that. They want to see someone get K.O. or bleeding that's the sport...
Talkin hand speed here. Boxing stuff. That is whats speed is in the boxing world. You are talking about footwork. Another technical boxing term. I pay to see technique and skill, hate to break it to ya. Most true boxing fans are the same.

Quote:
I still stand by my word as you stand by yours so i'm guessing your a Mayweather fan so am i. But, keep in mind every fighter is different and every fight is different. It might be Mayweather night or he just might lose focus and it might be Pac-man's night. It can go either way depends who has the "Heart & Focus" that fight night...
Honestly, I'm not a fan of either. Which allows me to look at it without bias. PBF has the tools to beat Pac. end o story.


Quote:
If a man can lower himself to hit a woman the mother of his kids..he doesn't deserve to be champ. I don't care much about his personal life and what he does beyond the ring just..the way some people portray him as c0cky boxer that talks a good one and throws money around but, he's no where in the same league as the great talker and boxer Muhammad Ali. It's bound to happen sooner or later he'll be defeated only boxer that can do it today is Manny and that's a fact. Bradley..don't make me laugh
Again, never said I was a PBF fan. I met him once in Vegas and he was the biggest A-Hole in the world to me. I tried to approach him very nicely and respectfully and he still treated me like dirt. Doesn't change the fact that he is probably the most talented boxer of the decade. And I will wager just about anything you want that he would beat Pac. Go ahead, name it.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
573 RWHP 498 RWTQ
- Vortech V3 Supercharger
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #21
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 14,059
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
A sanctioned fight? my 5 year old nephew has 'stepped into the ring before' but I don't call him a fighter



I never said I was a ranked fighter, I just have said I have fought before. I'll try and get some videos next time we spar at one of the gyms. All I have right now are my weightlift PR pics if you like?



I hate to break it to you, but not every fight that is scored controversely is a "set up". Bradley had a great game plan and executed it. Fight stats don't always tell the whole story.



Talkin hand speed here. Boxing stuff. That is whats speed is in the boxing world. You are talking about footwork. Another technical boxing term. I pay to see technique and skill, hate to break it to ya. Most true boxing fans are the same.



Honestly, I'm not a fan of either. Which allows me to look at it without bias. PBF has the tools to beat Pac. end o story.




Again, never said I was a PBF fan. I met him once in Vegas and he was the biggest A-Hole in the world to me. I tried to approach him very nicely and respectfully and he still treated me like dirt. Doesn't change the fact that he is probably the most talented boxer of the decade. And I will wager just about anything you want that he would beat Pac. Go ahead, name it.
Yeah but, yoit 5 year old nephew would get knocked out before the count of 3 like i said i do it for fun (no bragging rights)

Sure man post i welcome it. Like i said i got nothing against you and your beliefs.

Yes Bradley game plan was run, grab, and jab. And i almost forgot pray for a miracle

I'm not biased i'm a fan of both each has it's advantages and dis-advantages.

Until they stop acting like divas and dirty politics on twitter and just fight it's anyones game a this point. They just need to hurry up before they get too old and no one cares anymore.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead
 
WheelmanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,793
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Yeah but, yoit 5 year old nephew would get knocked out before the count of 3 like i said i do it for fun (no bragging rights)

Sure man post i welcome it. Like i said i got nothing against you and your beliefs.

Yes Bradley game plan was run, grab, and jab. And i almost forgot pray for a miracle

I'm not biased i'm a fan of both each has it's advantages and dis-advantages.

Until they stop acting like divas and dirty politics on twitter and just fight it's anyones game a this point. They just need to hurry up before they get too old and no one cares anymore.
Allrighty... Here is part of my Deadlift session from yesterday, just to prove I'm not just 'keyboard warrior' status
Attached Images
 
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
573 RWHP 498 RWTQ
- Vortech V3 Supercharger
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
no, he didn't give it back. lol

Overall, Pacquiao landed 253 punches to Bradley's total of 159.

Pacquiao was more accurate, especially with his power punches. He landed 190 power punches to Bradley's 108.
Don't judge based off the Compubox stats alone. I have partners I spar with that I can barely take more than 15-20 punches without taking pain. Then there are others who could hit me 50-80 times and I would barely feel it.

The fact is that Bradley ate Pac's punches like they were nothing and kept coming forward on badly injured feet the entire fight. Pac was getting hurt by Bradley no question.

You can't score boxing solely based off the number punches landed. If you throw a ton more punches and you cant hurt the guy, yet he throws fewer and hurts you, why do you deserve the win? Strength and damage of the punches is factored into the judges decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Do you honestly think Bradley beat Manny? Serious bro? "What are you smoking?" i suggest you re-watch that fight and forget what those lame referees had on the card cause i seen the entire fight on paperview and everyone was stunned even Bradley's family. He was so digust of himself he offered a re-match and didn't even had the "Balls" to say he won fair and square. His excuse? I got to re-watch the tape and then i'll make a better judgement. Honestly i felt the fight was (Set up) for the refs to screw manny for another pay day. Cause Manny smiled the entire time and took it like a champ.



Want facts? Every fighter gets hit sooner or later it's not impossible to hit by a South paw. A convict like Floyd who hit his baby mother several times and she press charges for domestic voilence and he got off easy served a few months in jail. If you ask me he has it coming.

Last ask yourself do the people want to see Bradley v.s Mayweather?
I gaurantee Majority wants to see Manny v.s Mayweather the fight of the decade and it will have 10 folds bigger pay day. Just place your bets.
I'm going to rewatch that fight just for you because I have some free time. I'll type up a detailed analysis on why Bradley won if you'd like. From what I remember Bradley was backing up Pac for a majority of the rounds and causing much more damage. Bradley seemed completely unfazed by any of Pacs shots and kept coming forward. General boxing 101, if you're backing up the whole fight, you aren't winning.

Now your part about Floyd smh man. You can't bring Floyd's personal issues into discussion about his boxing skill. I hate how he conducts himself out of the ring but that doesn't for a second change my opinion of what he does in the ring.

Fact is, its highly likely he will dominate Pac, plain and simple.

And do most people want to see Mayweather vs Pac? Of course, but does that make it a good fight? NO! Just because the majority want to see it doesn't make it the better fight. People who actually understand boxing should recognize Bradley vs Mayweather will be a SIGNIFICANTLY more entertaining fight.

Why? Because Pac has extremely low chances while Bradley has a really good chance of beating Floyd. I don't get why Pac fans are in such extreme denial.
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
jimmy5
 
jimmy5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Big Spring, TX
Posts: 479
I thought Victor Ortiz was going to put up a good challenge to Floyd, and he was in there until that absolutely flagrant headbutt he pulled, then Floyd pretty much caught him off guard.
The spotlight was too much for Ortiz, and he was being very dirty in that fight.

Manny vs Mayweather would be the only PPV fight I would buy. I think a few years ago when this was proposed Mayweather was dodging out on the fight because he was afraid of being beaten.
Now I think Mayweather would destroy Manny.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #25
C5RocksC5
Banned
 
C5RocksC5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sin City
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Manny is washed up bro. Bradley beat him with a broken foot. As someone who boxes, I can't tell you how big of a disadvantage that is. Despite that he still walked right through most of Manny's punches.

In addition, Marquez gave Manny huge trouble in their last fight. Marquez is just a slower and weaker Mayweather.

Manny hits hard, but Floyd doesn't get hit. His defense is amazing and he has an amazing chin anyway.

Bradley will still pull good numbers and it doesn't matter much anyway as Floyd is the real money maker anyway.

I legitimately want to see Bradley vs Floyd WAY more than Pac vs Floyd. Pac vs Floyd will be relatively boring and an easy win for Floyd.

Floyd vs Bradley however, now that will be a fight. I'm a Mayweather fan and I want to see him get challenged. There is a serious chance that he could lose to Bradley, which will make for an amazing fight regardless of who wins.

Sorry but Marquez may have won his last fight with Pac, despite what the judges said. It could have gone either way but it seemed like he had a slight edge. I think he is going to win this upcoming fight in December and that will basically be it for Pac. He had a great career though and has nothing to be ashamed of, only proud of.
as someone who boxes, you really think Tim beat Manny? I agree, you can't score a fight based on compubox but when 5 licensed boxing judges reviewed the fight tape during the investigation, all 5 judges scored the fight for Manny..it wasn't even close. But that crap happens in boxing and Arum doesn't want Manny to fight Tim again because of low PPV #s from their last fight. Manny vs JMM IV is more profitable. Tim simply lacks the fanbase to sell PPV.

Flloyd vs Manny...there is only one way to find out..they must fight.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.