Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
camaro2009
camaro2009
 
camaro2009's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL-1 AGM 6M #0369
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Missouri,Hume
Posts: 101
Send a message via Yahoo to camaro2009
Trading my '10 2SS for a '13 ZL-1 tomorrow?

I swore the day i bought my 2010 2SS CGM 6M that i would never sell or trade it because of the significance of it being in essence the first model year of this body style. Its fast, and I love it. In the 2 years of owning it, have only racked up 15,000 miles. But its raw interior is still lacking, yet after the test drive of the ZL-1 today, I was sold. The transmission is much smoother, handling is IMO greatly enhanced, the throaty sound is how a GM musclecar should sound, and the new MY TOUCH system put the nail in the coffin for me. Bout time Chevy ups things and get with modern technology.

My question to all current ZL-1 owners is this? Are you completely satisfied in spending 30k more over a SS ? What dont you like, and what do you like about the new ZL-1 ?
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL-1 AGM M6
2010 Camaro 2SS CGM with SIM stripes(Traded)
2007 Chevy Duramax Dually LBCC
1974 Camaro Type LT
1995 Camaro Plum V-6 Auto 80k original miles

Traded the '10 SS for the BAD ASS 2013 ZL-1 AGM ,M-6 Once again the thanks go out to my wonderful wife and a chance encounter while servicing my Duramax!! Destiny......nope...FATE
camaro2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Taser Deployed

 
Taser Deployed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 939
You will love it. If you are the modding type this car is a dream to mod. So much potential. The ride is super smooth for a Camaro and it turns so many heads. Even with my car being black people know that it's not a regular camaro. Congrats and enjoy.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Deki

 
Deki's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,663
I got a chance to drive a ZL1 last week, along side a 13 GT500, and I came away with the same feeling about both of them...if I currently didn't have a 11 GT, I would have no issue buying either one...I imagine the same feeling with an SS. If you like the car, get it, don't look at what other owners think. They bought one, so obviously it was worth it to them as well. Good luck! If you get it, better post some pics!
__________________
2011 GT Premium//Performance White...a little modded
Deki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
2012 ZL1#1658
 
2012 ZL1#1658's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1658
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Posts: 595
I was in your position too. I traded in my 2011 SS for the 2012 ZL1. Totally worth it.
2012 ZL1#1658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
BamaPam165
 
BamaPam165's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1...SOLD
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Springville, AL
Posts: 48
It is totally worth it!! We traded a 2011 SS/RS for our ZL-1 and there is no comparison between the two. Great features I like are the clutch and ride....and the growl is superb! I have no complaints.
BamaPam165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
sammyv
 
sammyv's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: zionsville IN
Posts: 556
I bought my ZL1 without ever driving a 5th gen camaro and could'nt be happier!
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
camaro2009
camaro2009
 
camaro2009's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL-1 AGM 6M #0369
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Missouri,Hume
Posts: 101
Send a message via Yahoo to camaro2009
so far i like what im hearing. Most of the paperwork was done today, but I wasnt in my camaro, i was actually having my work truck serviced and casually asked if they had any ZL-1's on the lot, to my surprise they did , an Ashen Grey one, and I fell in love at first sight, I was only wanting to see one in person, take a few pictures, and get a video of it running, which I did. Then when my regular salesman asked " You wanna drive it?" DUH HELL YES, GIVE ME THE KEYS, LETS GO!!! Stupid question to ask. This thing feels so refined compared to my 10.

Has anyone had any glitches with them yet? And im reading something about strictly obeying the break in procedures. I didnt with my SS,

But it didnt have a supercharger,LOL

Supposed to pick her up at 9:00am, just wondered if there were any hidden issues with the ZL's that i hadnt heard about yet.... I can still back out if I need to.
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL-1 AGM M6
2010 Camaro 2SS CGM with SIM stripes(Traded)
2007 Chevy Duramax Dually LBCC
1974 Camaro Type LT
1995 Camaro Plum V-6 Auto 80k original miles

Traded the '10 SS for the BAD ASS 2013 ZL-1 AGM ,M-6 Once again the thanks go out to my wonderful wife and a chance encounter while servicing my Duramax!! Destiny......nope...FATE
camaro2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2009 View Post
so far i like what im hearing. Most of the paperwork was done today, but I wasnt in my camaro, i was actually having my work truck serviced and casually asked if they had any ZL-1's on the lot, to my surprise they did , an Ashen Grey one, and I fell in love at first sight, I was only wanting to see one in person, take a few pictures, and get a video of it running, which I did. Then when my regular salesman asked " You wanna drive it?" DUH HELL YES, GIVE ME THE KEYS, LETS GO!!! Stupid question to ask. This thing feels so refined compared to my 10.

Has anyone had any glitches with them yet? And im reading something about strictly obeying the break in procedures. I didnt with my SS,

But it didnt have a supercharger,LOL

Supposed to pick her up at 9:00am, just wondered if there were any hidden issues with the ZL's that i hadnt heard about yet.... I can still back out if I need to.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...236658&page=14

Don't let this discourage you though….
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
Blown355
 
Blown355's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2009 View Post
so far i like what im hearing. Most of the paperwork was done today, but I wasnt in my camaro, i was actually having my work truck serviced and casually asked if they had any ZL-1's on the lot, to my surprise they did , an Ashen Grey one, and I fell in love at first sight, I was only wanting to see one in person, take a few pictures, and get a video of it running, which I did. Then when my regular salesman asked " You wanna drive it?" DUH HELL YES, GIVE ME THE KEYS, LETS GO!!! Stupid question to ask. This thing feels so refined compared to my 10.

Has anyone had any glitches with them yet? And im reading something about strictly obeying the break in procedures. I didnt with my SS,

But it didnt have a supercharger,LOL

Supposed to pick her up at 9:00am, just wondered if there were any hidden issues with the ZL's that i hadnt heard about yet.... I can still back out if I need to.

Go for it, you won't regret it. I traded my 2010 SS/RS in. And couldn't be happier.
__________________
2012 ZL1
10 spoke
M6
ECF
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 111,215
I hope to be making this same trade soon, congrats
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
camaro2009
camaro2009
 
camaro2009's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL-1 AGM 6M #0369
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Missouri,Hume
Posts: 101
Send a message via Yahoo to camaro2009
thanks for the positive reinforcement, the only real question now is??? What mods to make first, cheapest upgrades vs performance gained
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL-1 AGM M6
2010 Camaro 2SS CGM with SIM stripes(Traded)
2007 Chevy Duramax Dually LBCC
1974 Camaro Type LT
1995 Camaro Plum V-6 Auto 80k original miles

Traded the '10 SS for the BAD ASS 2013 ZL-1 AGM ,M-6 Once again the thanks go out to my wonderful wife and a chance encounter while servicing my Duramax!! Destiny......nope...FATE
camaro2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2009 View Post
thanks for the positive reinforcement, the only real question now is??? What mods to make first, cheapest upgrades vs performance gained
First mod should be a RxChiller, it will help curb the ZL1's inherent ability to heat soak.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
Taser Deployed

 
Taser Deployed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 939
Or a better heat exchanger. Depends on what your purpose is for the car.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #14
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2009 View Post
I swore the day i bought my 2010 2SS CGM 6M that i would never sell or trade it because of the significance of it being in essence the first model year of this body style. Its fast, and I love it. In the 2 years of owning it, have only racked up 15,000 miles. But its raw interior is still lacking, yet after the test drive of the ZL-1 today, I was sold. The transmission is much smoother, handling is IMO greatly enhanced, the throaty sound is how a GM musclecar should sound, and the new MY TOUCH system put the nail in the coffin for me. Bout time Chevy ups things and get with modern technology.

My question to all current ZL-1 owners is this? Are you completely satisfied in spending 30k more over a SS ? What dont you like, and what do you like about the new ZL-1 ?
Coming from and SS I can't see why anybody would not like the car better hostly unless you just have modded the piss out of your SS.

Coming from a Z06 I can honeslty say the only thing I miss it is just a bit slower. I like the behavior and handling better. I think it looks sick. the mylink has nicer features than the factory touchscreen in the vette.

I think with some power mods though this car is just going to be the best car I have ever had period.
__________________
2017 zl1 or GT350 hmmmm
2015 Hellcat-sold
2013 ZL1 -sold
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.