Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 05-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Tom@ARH

Drives: 2003 Corvette ZO6
ARH dyno results and installed pictures

Tom@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
very nice and clean fit as usual guys!! second to none
blackedout010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
hmmm, i have to wonder, since you retained the CAT's would the car be emissions legal, say, in Ontario?? lol
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Very nice.. I want to hear it!

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Looks very nice, waiting on my set and my car. Do they fit in from the bottom? Without loosening motor mounts or other accessoties? Looks like just the plug wires.

I'd like to hear it also. Were those gains with stock mufflers or intake?
Old 05-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!

Beautiful install...I cannot wait!!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
dankss
Contract Killer

Drives: 2010 black 1ss/rs
daaaaaaank
Old 05-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
hmmm, i have to wonder, since you retained the CAT's would the car be emissions legal, say, in Ontario?? lol
I have no idea what ontario's emissions laws are sorry maybe ask some locals what they do it should be the same with the Vette guys and such

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Looks very nice, waiting on my set and my car. Do they fit in from the bottom? Without loosening motor mounts or other accessoties? Looks like just the plug wires.

I'd like to hear it also. Were those gains with stock mufflers or intake?
I stole this from Nick in the other thread-

Guys, Other than the steering shaft, which takes all of 30 seconds to remove from the rack, nothing else has to be done to slide the headers in. These systems are actually about the same to install as our G8's mainly because their engine compartments are very similar. If someone isn't holding the headers from the top when they slide in, they will fall out. Our Camaro headers "are not" the same as our G8's. It would have been nice but we knew 5 minutes after removing the stock manifolds that a redesign was necessary. They are different because of the oil cooler and the floor boards. BTW, I know of no dealer that has not honored a warantee because of a header install.

We have another car coming this week I think we'll try and video then. Those results are stock mufflers and stock intake
Old 05-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@ARH View Post
I have no idea what ontario's emissions laws are sorry maybe ask some locals what they do it should be the same with the Vette guys and such

Guys, Other than the steering shaft, which takes all of 30 seconds to remove from the rack, nothing else has to be done to slide the headers in. These systems are actually about the same to install as our G8's mainly because their engine compartments are very similar. If someone isn't holding the headers from the top when they slide in, they will fall out. Our Camaro headers "are not" the same as our G8's. It would have been nice but we knew 5 minutes after removing the stock manifolds that a redesign was necessary. They are different because of the oil cooler and the floor boards. BTW, I know of no dealer that has not honored a warantee because of a header install.

We have another car coming this week I think we'll try and video then. Those results are stock mufflers and stock intake
X L NT!!! Thank you

Oh Ya!!
Old 05-31-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
Z_Rocks

Drives: a Jet :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@ARH View Post

Tom, with the next car, Can you do one video from total stock car and then another with your header BUT stock muffler? I want to hear, how the stock muffler and the hearder combined sound. Perhaps it's worth keeping the stock muffler.
Thanks!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
Late Model Racecraft

Drives: 2014 C7 + 98 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Tom, with the next car, Can you do one video from total stock car and then another with your header BUT stock muffler? I want to hear, how the stock muffler and the hearder combined sound. Perhaps it's worth keeping the stock muffler.
Thanks!
Here are the headers through stock mufflers. Although we did install a good size cam shaft, you get the idea

Late Model Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
this is not a full exhaust right? just headers and stock everything else?
69 Camaro 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
Tom@ARH

this is our system with the stock mufflers still in place i believe. But it does have a large cam in there and it sounds gooooood
Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Thanks!

I'll see what I can do no promises though
Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #15
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
Nice. Like to hear it.
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #16
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Old 05-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #17
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: 2010 2SSRS for weekends mostly
Tom,
Thanks for being here and providing your input. I like your product.
This is premature but is there a set for the LS7 in the 2010 Camaro?
I am planning on a thorough elimination of the VVT and AFM and the cost advantage comes with a complete engine change.
(just so everyone is aware, my physical disability limits me to only automatic transmission cars)
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
rayhawk

Drives: Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010 View Post
Tom,
I am planning on a thorough elimination of the VVT and AFM and the cost advantage comes with a complete engine change.
(just so everyone is aware, my physical disability limits me to only automatic transmission cars)
I could see getting rid of the AFM system, but I think you may be surprised what can be done with the VVT system in terms of bigger cams while maintaining better driveability. Not that there is anything wrong with an LS7 swap, but I would keep my eye on the possibilities with the VVT system.

07 2WD Trailblazer SS, LS1 E-fans, 4" FWI, pcmforless tune
72 VW Beetle, 2275cc, Dual 44 IDF's
rayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:50 AM   #19
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to inform us. One of the reasons you all are among the best in the business.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #20
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I could see getting rid of the AFM system, but I think you may be surprised what can be done with the VVT system in terms of bigger cams while maintaining better driveability. Not that there is anything wrong with an LS7 swap, but I would keep my eye on the possibilities with the VVT system.
This is very thrue, Comp has made some impressive gaims on VVT engines and I am waiting anxiuously to see what some what our vendors can do for the L99. Can you imagine a 427 L99? Delete AFM and upgrade the valvetrain to the LS but keep the VVT.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If possible, can we get tests between the different sizes that you('ll) offer in the future? It'd be nice to see what the influence the primaries will have on the curve and ultimate power output.

Thanks for posting OH - MORE PICS' PLEASE
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
This is very thrue, Comp has made some impressive gaims on VVT engines and I am waiting anxiuously to see what some what our vendors can do for the L99. Can you imagine a 427 L99? Delete AFM and upgrade the valvetrain to the LS but keep the VVT.
Yeah - I just read an article a few months ago about a 500 horse' L92 that was stock, except for the cam, springs, and maybe the pushrods. The VVT was still working to my recollection too. THAT's - pretty cool
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #23
Gary B

Drives: 12 SS 45th
LOVE a good cam sound!!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: 2010 2SSRS for weekends mostly
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
I understand where you are coming from.
As far as VVT from GM, it is not the only tool in the hot rodders box of tricks to get the same effect or better.............just so you know.

Be it so known that this is not going to be any traditional LS7 swap. I just got off the phone and ordered an LSX std deck block and a set of LS7 bare heads.

Beside, the L99 VVT and AFM may eventually replace the 120K mile LM7 (5.3 Vortec) in my truck too...if only I can figure out how to get the ECM to work in it.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleCat2SSRS2010 View Post
Tom,
Hi i called ARH on Friday and asked the same "?".
But i want to put in LSX 454 in the car and found out that the headers will fit, The only thing is the LS7 heads are D shape and the LS3 are round shape, Hope that helps.