Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 09-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
Drew P

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Complete Intercooler System

If you are like me, you want to know all possible parts choices before you buy. I personally found and used this set-up. If you are not going the super chiller route, check these guys out. Thus far, IAT2s have stayed within 10 degrees of ambient using this system, even under WOT on a 95+ degree day, pushing between 13 and 15lbs of boost. Made by D3 Performance Engineering.

Here are a couple pics from my car (it was the prototype build car)

Last edited by Drew P; 09-21-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
nice
Old 09-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Do you have a website--i didnt come up with anything...

T
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Please don't post out of respect for our Vendors and Sponsors. These guys are heavy on Cadillacs. PM only
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
If I wanted to tear that much into my car, I would just get the RX super chiller system.
A lot of these places make these things, but not everyone wants to start tearing the front fascia off their cars.
Not knocking the system, but if you're gonna go that far, the RX super chiller is the best bang for the buck.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
blackcam2ss

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
I have this kit coming in this week, will write up a nice review about it !
blackcam2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
Drew P

Just to clarify, I have no business connection with D3 Performance. Just sharing my experience with those that are interested. As far as "tearing into the car," this is a bolt-on system, so Im not quite sure I understand what you mean jimmy5. Taking off the front fascia is a fairly simple task, and like I said, this is for those not interested in using the super chiller. You will also notice two things that are (as far as I can tell) unique about this kit: 1) you receive a large volume reservoir without losing space in the engine bay or needing to move the washer bottle; 2) the reservoir has air cooled heat sinks at the bottom which further cool the water temps before returning to the intercooler. I dont want to seem like Im a salesman, so if you have questions feel free to PM me.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Very High quality stuff but will not fit the ZL-1 just talked with them.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Very High quality stuff but will not fit the ZL-1 just talked with them.

Ted.
Im sorry, doesnt the OP have a ZL1?
Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
Im sorry, doesnt the OP have a ZL1?
Not sure I called D3 and asked they said it would not fit, I could be wrong.

If it does they will be available through JRE.

They're Performance department is suppose to call me back with verification.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 09-24-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

COOL NEWS IF JRE COULD SELL THEIR PRODUCTS!!! I've been watching them for a couple years but hadn't posted because of our Sponsors. If J' can get their products in here, that'd be super! They do carshow work for Cadillac Brand if I'm not mistaken
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

OH!!! Does that cooler replace the OEM H/E or does it supplement it? For anyone curious - their billet pulleys are frickin' cool!!! They have some bad@$$ videos of their cars, too.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #13
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
For the $ spent, your adding 20 some # of wieght (every 100#'s is a tenth in the 1/4 mile), twice what the RX Super Chiller is, and if it is 100* outside then 110* is the coolest it could cool.

Superchiller will cool to 30-40-50* and takes a fraction of the room.....
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
For the $ spent, your adding 20 some # of wieght (every 100#'s is a tenth in the 1/4 mile), twice what the RX Super Chiller is, and if it is 100* outside then 110* is the coolest it could cool.

Superchiller will cool to 30-40-50* and takes a fraction of the room.....
Is there an easy reference for any interest for track results for your system? I know there was a large thread, but did you have anything we could look at that would show the improvements? I know there were HUGE improvements around town and on the freeway and such. I know the last I noticed, you guys were working to get out on the track, but and didn't have time to follow-up as much as I wanted to.

Thanks KUDOs on what I know were GREAT results.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
This from a build overdriven Maggie on the track:

"On the dyno after 3 runs there was zero loss from heat soak, say day 3 runs w/o the chiller and lost 25rwhp.

I also ran at the track last week and 1st pass 95* out was chiller off and going through the Maggie Heat Exchanger IATs started at 105* and ended at 160* run was 11.70 @ 118mph, next pass turned on chiller for 5 minutes and cooled it down still 95* out IATs started at 64* and ended at 115* and the run was 11.25 @ 124mph. So the chiller did its job and kept IATs down and the car pulled no timing and I was able to make my fastest pass yet in the middle of summer no less. 6 mph is a big jump and I lifted because it was a bracket race so should have been 126+mph."
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
This from a build overdriven Maggie on the track:

"On the dyno after 3 runs there was zero loss from heat soak, say day 3 runs w/o the chiller and lost 25rwhp.

I also ran at the track last week and 1st pass 95* out was chiller off and going through the Maggie Heat Exchanger IATs started at 105* and ended at 160* run was 11.70 @ 118mph, next pass turned on chiller for 5 minutes and cooled it down still 95* out IATs started at 64* and ended at 115* and the run was 11.25 @ 124mph. So the chiller did its job and kept IATs down and the car pulled no timing and I was able to make my fastest pass yet in the middle of summer no less. 6 mph is a big jump and I lifted because it was a bracket race so should have been 126+mph."
Thanks for the comments Those are excellent improvements, for sure. Did you guys ever make it out to a road course or auto-X? These are a little less important for me, however, definately considerations

Excellent product, value, and results, regardless
Old 09-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #17
Drew P

I think there is confusion --- D3 Performance is in no way related to the company known as "D3" that makes Cadillac parts. These guys are pro fabricators for many vehicles, not just GM.

One more thing - This IS a bolt-on system, so whoever said otherwise is not being truthful. I know, its on my car, and yes, my car is a 2012 ZL1.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #18
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
I think there is confusion --- D3 Performance is in no way related to the company known as "D3" that makes Cadillac parts. These guys are pro fabricators for many vehicles, not just GM.

One more thing - This IS a bolt-on system, so whoever said otherwise is not being truthful. I know, its on my car, and yes, my car is a 2012 ZL1.
Web site?
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Interesting... I didn't know that. I'm sorry if I confused anyone.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
Evan@D3PE

Drives: ISF
Not trying to advertise or take anything away from forum sponsors but felt the need to get on here and clarify that we, D3 Performance Engineering, are in no way affiliated with D3 Cadillac. Unfortunately to add to the confusion our website is being completely redone and we are in between shop spaces so do not have a working "shop number" at this time. Thanks for the positive feedback. We do have multiple kits in use at this time on ZL1's and currently working to branch out to other supercharged GM platforms with it. Very happy the OP is happy
Evan@D3PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Interesting... Keep up the good work!

Ted - is this who you're talking about?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@D3PE View Post
Not trying to advertise or take anything away from forum sponsors but felt the need to get on here and clarify that we, D3 Performance Engineering, are in no way affiliated with D3 Cadillac. Unfortunately to add to the confusion our website is being completely redone and we are in between shop spaces so do not have a working "shop number" at this time. Thanks for the positive feedback. We do have multiple kits in use at this time on ZL1's and currently working to branch out to other supercharged GM platforms with it. Very happy the OP is happy
So I see you are local for me...

Let me know your new shop location once you're moved.