Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 09-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
$750 Incentive for Military/Vets/Retirees

Sorry, this is for military only. For Americas heroes (active/vet/retired) whom proudly served this great country of ours, member up. USAA has a $750 incentive program. Go to USAA.com for details, then negotiate your deal, on the lot or ordering, and after the deal is done (all the papers are signed/or ready to sign) give them your incentive document and they will drop an additional $750 (plus taxes on the 750) from your price.

Don't mention the incentive before hand, get your best deal first. I pitted 4 dealerships against each other to get my deal. Told them right up front whoever gives me the best price gets my business. Two of the dealerships coundnt even order a ZL1 because they didn't have an allocation. When I got to the point wherer the other dealerships where telling me to go with Quirk, I knew I had a good deal. This is week 4 of my order and the ZL1 is now en route!
Can't wait for my baby to get here! X-pel or nano fusion? Which is better?
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1 #182, 85 AMC Jeep CJ7
I was told that it didn't apply to the ZL1, USAA lists it but GM didn't honor it. Maybe it changed.
Sven59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
Normagene

Haven't tried it, yet

You could be right, I used one in 2010 for my 2011 SS. I hope it does work, my ZL1 got off the production line today and she's on her way home!

Ill let you know when I accept delivery if GM took it or not. After I do my own PDI and make sure they removed the front spring spacers (and left them in the glovebox) as well as installed the front bumper valance panels.

Anything else I need to check for on delivery day?

Still haven't figured out how to post my pics. God, i hate computers, be back in Texas soon, this computer will make excellent shotgun target practice!

If you're one of those geeks, maybe you can explain it to me or maybe I'll get the neighbors kid to help me. I'm a car girl all the way, want to see my ride, help me out, got some really nice pics of my Red Jewel SS!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
GearheadSS
Member #63

Drives: Lots
It's actually for anyone that's a USAA member and the ZL1 is not elligible for the rebate.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I was told that it didn't apply to the ZL1, USAA lists it but GM didn't honor it. Maybe it changed.
Same here...did not apply to the ZL1

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
gmgdave

Drives: 12 ZL1 & 08 Suzuki Boulevard C50
I tried also did not apply to my ZL1
2012 ZL1 - #413 - IOM - Mods; Exhaust Commander. GMG Third Brake Light Pulsar, Tinted Windows, color matched Engine cover, ZL1 Floor Mats
gmgdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Normagene

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349135810.376424.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  30.7 KB

Talked with Chevrolet today and the USAA $750 can be used on all model Camaros except the ZL1. Currently no incentives to speak of on the ZL1.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
The Fine Print

Here are the exclusions for this deal...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  68.1 KB

Couple other things... you must be a full member of USAA nnd show proof. Meaning that you qualify for the Insurance and all other great benefits they offer.

You do not have to be military or have ever been in the military to qualify. Membership is passed down.

I was in the military so my son is now a full member and has never served. My father, on the other hand, has a bank account there but does not qualify since he was never in nor was his father. Anyone can join, but only the ones who were in the military or are a decendent of someone who was qualifys for all benefits including this $750.