Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #51
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,515
Ok,
so how about this. If we get enough people from both North and South to drive to Laguna Seca, we'll make the trip. If not, it'll just be a so-cal thing and we can set one up for nor-cal later.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #52
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,181
That works.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #53
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..
 
tribone's Avatar
 
Drives: Powered by LSX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Camaroland
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Ok,
so how about this. If we get enough people from both North and South to drive to Laguna Seca, we'll make the trip. If not, it'll just be a so-cal thing and we can set one up for nor-cal later.


But I can't do 5 hrs one way. I have a wife to come home to.
__________________

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #54
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion
 
urugm21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCalC
Posts: 714
thats cool that sounds reasonable enough.
__________________
urugm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #55
shevyman

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 1,741
well i am down for local. i was thinking a meet near the beach like hawthorn blvd in redondo. but yeah a 5 hour drive i wont do i couldnt afford the gas things are tight on my side. now there are places off the 60 and 10 we could meet like life plaza only problem there is alot of asians and then theres whitteir narrows at the park. but get a place set and i will say yes or no for me. and also how many already have the 5th gen?
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #56
linkwpc
The punching cat
 
linkwpc's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 4,032
I'm down for local too. 5 Hours drive is too long for me. Im willing 2 hours but thats about it.
__________________
My car build (COTW 7/23/12) - - - - - - > CLICK HERE! : http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80725
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #57
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 2,082
I think if the majority of us HAD the Camaro...we would be less hesitant to make a road trip lol

I plan to put ALOT of miles on my Camaro
__________________
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #58
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..
 
tribone's Avatar
 
Drives: Powered by LSX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Camaroland
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
I think if the majority of us HAD the Camaro...we would be less hesitant to make a road trip lol

I plan to put ALOT of miles on my Camaro
True. I'm one of them. But being married and out of the house for 11 plus hours is not a good way to keep a marriage happy. She has to work or else I'd bring her along.
__________________

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #59
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
True. I'm one of them. But being married and out of the house for 11 plus hours is not a good way to keep a marriage happy. She has to work or else I'd bring her along.
Oh...I was gonna say...why don't you bring her lol...I always take my wife everywhere...but then I read she has to work...nevermind...
__________________
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #60
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..
 
tribone's Avatar
 
Drives: Powered by LSX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Camaroland
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
Oh...I was gonna say...why don't you bring her lol...I always take my wife everywhere...but then I read she has to work...nevermind...
Yeah. Someone has to pay for the gasoline and insurance

__________________

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #61
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion
 
urugm21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCalC
Posts: 714
your right guys and i understand you all it is not easy maybe the drive can be done sometime in the future how about we meet in santa monica and drive down the 405 down long beach or on the 10 to pasadena ora something like that and we can find a spot in either of those places ???
__________________
urugm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #62
linkwpc
The punching cat
 
linkwpc's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 4,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by urugm21 View Post
your right guys and i understand you all it is not easy maybe the drive can be done sometime in the future how about we meet in santa monica and drive down the 405 down long beach or on the 10 to pasadena ora something like that and we can find a spot in either of those places ???
Ooo santa monica! That would be nice picture to take some pictures of our rides!! But parking sucks!
__________________
My car build (COTW 7/23/12) - - - - - - > CLICK HERE! : http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80725
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #63
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by urugm21 View Post
your right guys and i understand you all it is not easy maybe the drive can be done sometime in the future how about we meet in santa monica and drive down the 405 down long beach or on the 10 to pasadena ora something like that and we can find a spot in either of those places ???
Like I said...if I had the Camaro...I'd drive anywhere...promote the car as much as I can

But in the wife's Accord...I'll pass...

And I've turned my 94 Camaro into a work car...so...

I bet if everyone had their Camaro already...they would be down to drive to New York.
__________________
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #64
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Ooo santa monica! That would be nice picture to take some pictures of our rides!! But parking sucks!
I was in Santa Monica last week at Barney's to watch the Lakers game

We might just have to take over 3rd Street Promenade
__________________
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #65
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
Like I said...if I had the Camaro...I'd drive anywhere...promote the car as much as I can

But in the wife's Accord...I'll pass...

And I've turned my 94 Camaro into a work car...so...

I bet if everyone had their Camaro already...they would be down to drive to New York.
Well this was just meant to be a test meeting. To try to get myself organized, and know how to get a meeting together.


But sometime next year, we'll have a nationwide Camaro5 meeting. Probablly somewhere in the Dallas/ft.worth area in Texas.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #66
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..
 
tribone's Avatar
 
Drives: Powered by LSX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Camaroland
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
Originally Posted by urugm21 View Post
your right guys and i understand you all it is not easy maybe the drive can be done sometime in the future how about we meet in santa monica and drive down the 405 down long beach or on the 10 to pasadena ora something like that and we can find a spot in either of those places ???
Sounds good. Even taking a trip to San Diego and back on a Sunday. Crusing down PCH is also very appealing.
__________________

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #67
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 2,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Sounds good. Even taking a trip to San Diego and back on a Sunday. Crusing down PCH is also very appealing.
I've never been to San Diego!...I am 100% down for this one! I know the wife feels the same way...she loves San Diego.

I was suppose to go to SeaWorld on Memorial Day...but wife got sick...
__________________
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #68
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion
 
urugm21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCalC
Posts: 714
well guys again like milk said it is a meet and greet so we will meet and get this set up and the next can be an all out meet.
__________________
urugm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #69
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..
 
tribone's Avatar
 
Drives: Powered by LSX
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Camaroland
Posts: 6,192
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
I can't the 20th. I'm on call that Saturday. So you guys have fun. Take pix of everyone (specially the 5th gens)
__________________

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #70
AGM76
 
Drives: 1995 z28 - 2000 SS - 08' vette
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 113
yo thread got jacked
AGM76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #71
67camaro99
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 602
K, so, from what I gathered the 20th for Meet and Greet...
Location?
Santa Monica or Redondo Beach sound good!
Date ---check 6/20
Time--- ?
Location--- ?
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #72
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion
 
urugm21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCalC
Posts: 714
location i believe camino real chevy
time- 8:00am
date-6/20
take off time 10-10:30 am to santa monica to pch and eat at a spot out there, either neptunes or somewere by there that can be decided on the day at the greet
__________________
urugm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #73
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion
 
urugm21's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCalC
Posts: 714
OK guys its set we have a great amount of members that like route #2 so this will be it.
Location-8:00 AM @Camino Real Chevrolet in Monterey park
(we will meet greet look at our rides chat a bit about rides and other info discuss eating spot)
Cruise-leave 10-10:30am towards Santa Monica and stop at a spot to eat, we all eat and talk about clubs and other details etc. we take off from there and go for a photoshoot and that should be the first meet after that if you guys want to do something else then thats up to you guys.


Route-60 west, 10 west transforms to 1 PCH
__________________
urugm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #74
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator
 
Milk 1027's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by urugm21 View Post
OK guys its set we have a great amount of members that like route #2 so this will be it.
Location-8:00 AM @Camino Real Chevrolet in Monterey park
(we will meet greet look at our rides chat a bit about rides and other info discuss eating spot)
Cruise-leave 10-10:30am towards Santa Monica and stop at a spot to eat, we all eat and talk about clubs and other details etc. we take off from there and go for a photoshoot and that should be the first meet after that if you guys want to do something else then thats up to you guys.


Route-60 west, 10 west transforms to 1 PCH
bad news. My second gen is dieing on me. :(

I won't be able to go cruising with you guys, but I'll probably grab my mom's Durango or the Malibu and see you guys at the dealership.
__________________
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #75
67camaro99
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
bad news. My second gen is dieing on me. :(

I won't be able to go cruising with you guys, but I'll probably grab my mom's Durango or the Malibu and see you guys at the dealership.
Cool, thats what the 20th is all about...
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South East Camaro5 Chapter Meet GTAHVIT USA - Southeast 238 05-25-2010 04:01 PM
What VIN is yours? UCF w00t Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 346 03-29-2010 05:55 PM
Michigan FBody Meet & Greet, May 30th, Milford Michigan meissen USA - Great Lakes 23 05-30-2009 10:24 PM
OFFICIAL FIRST CANADIAN ORANGE CAMARO5 SS 2010 ON THE ROAD orangeinfernoman 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 63 04-26-2009 06:43 PM
First Camaro5 Car Meet? DFWSS USA - Texas 13 04-07-2009 03:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.