Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Old 06-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #76
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS
yea exactly so guys at least show i mean if you dont have your camaros yet than its alright jsut show so we can make the plans for the next one.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #77
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion

also this one is open to all cars since not everyone has camaros yet but the next ones should be camaro only and if you guys agree on it firecirds since they are fbodys
Old 06-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #78
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
the 20th sounds find to me right now. so do you have a list of names and people who are going to try to come? you might want people to write you with a confirmation. i am going to bring two cars like i mentioned before. but ok i will let you know more as the date gets closer. right now i am droping the car off at k&n monday for them to r&d an intake so thats a plus i can show it off also the tint and if i get lucky racing stripes.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #79
SeanPlunk

Drives: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
the 20th sounds find to me right now. so do you have a list of names and people who are going to try to come? you might want people to write you with a confirmation. i am going to bring two cars like i mentioned before. but ok i will let you know more as the date gets closer. right now i am droping the car off at k&n monday for them to r&d an intake so thats a plus i can show it off also the tint and if i get lucky racing stripes.
If it's open to everyone i'd like to stop by and check it out if it's cool with you guys. If you're looking for other muscle cars I could probably get some other people to come too. Has a location been decided for sure?
SeanPlunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #80
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
If it's open to everyone i'd like to stop by and check it out if it's cool with you guys. If you're looking for other muscle cars I could probably get some other people to come too. Has a location been decided for sure?
i guess its been decided that on the 20th at camino real chevy at 8am
Old 06-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #81
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion

well guys like mentioned before, the first one is a meet and greet after that it will be camaros only, Fbodys are still in discussion, so the guys will decide on that one. so for this meet yea its cool go head and show.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #82
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by urugm21 View Post
well guys like mentioned before, the first one is a meet and greet after that it will be camaros only, Fbodys are still in discussion, so the guys will decide on that one. so for this meet yea its cool go head and show.
I just want to clear up that I am not associated to any club. Like I said before this was meant to be a Camaro5 meeting and any member with any car is more than welcome to me.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #83
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion

thats fine this one is a meet and greet all discussions will be said at the meet we are there to get together and meet one another thats what it is after that we will see whatever it is .
Old 06-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #84
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..

Drives: Powered by LSX
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
thats fine this one is a meet and greet all discussions will be said at the meet we are there to get together and meet one another thats what it is after that we will see whatever it is .
What time do you guys plan on leaving Camino Real at? Do you know if they have wireless access there? If they do, I might be able to make it if I bring my laptop.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #85
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion

we would be there for a good 2hrs or less i suppose
Old 06-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #86
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Don't you think changing the cruise to camaros only alienates people who decided to wait or haven't received their cars yet?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #87
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Don't you think changing the cruise to camaros only alienates people who decided to wait or haven't received their cars yet?
True
Old 06-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #88
tribone
Cruisin' the Caribbean ..

Drives: Powered by LSX
Send a message via AIM to tribone Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Quote:
I don't think he said the Meet and Greet was for Camaro's only, at least not the way i understood it.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #89
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Quote:
The Meet/Greet is meant for everyone... current and future Camaro owners alike. From there, everyone can make their own decisions on how they chose to meet up in the future.
If the Camaro club gets enough members, then that spins from there, if not, thats fine too.
On the other thread where I had proposed the camaro (only) club was not meant to alienate anyone, rather it was a way for camaro owners to meet up, talk about their passion for Camaros, and hopefully cruise the streets of cali...
Again, think about a pack of camaros rolling down the street... looks Unique, that changes up a bit if you start throwing in everyday cars, or other muscle cars.

Theres a event in San Bernardino in Mid August Route 66, thats strictly for classics... as great as this new Camaro is, I doubt they will let it in... just their choice, I guess...

Anyhow, it should be cool meeting those that we have both read posts from and have read our post. I am sure we dont always understand each other, but we respect each other.

By the way, "The Hat" is just one block over, great burgers and Chili-Cheese-Fries!
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #90
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camaro99 View Post
On the other thread where I had proposed the camaro (only) club was not meant to alienate anyone, rather it was a way for camaro owners to meet up, talk about their passion for Camaros, and hopefully cruise the streets of cali...
Again, think about a pack of camaros rolling down the street... looks Unique, that changes up a bit if you start throwing in everyday cars, or other muscle cars.

I think everyone from these forums that meets up there would want to talk about their passion for camaros is what I'm saying. If you want a so-cal camaro club meet, then advertise it as exactly that, a seperate event that takes place after the Camaro5.com members meet & greet.

Otherwise, you'll get some people bitter because they're excluded because their cars are in QC, haven't been pulled yet, etc.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #91
urugm21
SoCal Camaro Invasion

i beleieve that the point of a camaro5 or so cal camaro club meet is like said before for the passion of camaro owners and future camaro owners, this is why this forum is camaro 5, for all the gens i believe that is why there are forums for all cars challengers mustangs TL's hondas etc.. so like said before we are trying to get meet going for those who love camaros and have them as well if the meet was allcarsforums.com then all cars would show right, so for this very first one it will be all cars but after that depending on how everyone decides i believe it should be camaros only, since it is a camaro forum and it will be a camaro club hopefully for those who want to join.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #92
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
i beleieve that the point of a camaro5 or so cal camaro club meet is like said before for the passion of camaro owners and future camaro owners, this is why this forum is camaro 5, for all the gens i believe that is why there are forums for all cars challengers mustangs TL's hondas etc.. so like said before we are trying to get meet going for those who love camaros and have them as well if the meet was allcarsforums.com then all cars would show right, so for this very first one it will be all cars but after that depending on how everyone decides i believe it should be camaros only, since it is a camaro forum and it will be a camaro club hopefully for those who want to join.
once again, this was never meant to be for a club. You guys turned it into that. It's fine with me for now. But in the future, Camaro5 meet means anyone can show up not matter what they drive.
You can do your club thing seperately I have nothing against that.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #93
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
once again, this was never meant to be for a club. You guys turned it into that. It's fine with me for now. But in the future, Camaro5 meet means anyone can show up not matter what they drive.
You can do your club thing seperately I have nothing against that.

I think we have made that point ourselves already, but thanks for the permission....

(dont take it personal, just naturally sarcastic)
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #94
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
ok i understand this is for people to meet previous camaro owners or new like me. i am new to this forum and i am new to owning an american car. always been import. soooo i am comeing to see how this crowd is. i am always down to meet new people and yes some of us may not agree with others but to i am there to learn more i don't know alot about the new camaro there might be stuff you know that i don't. soo i am there and again NEW
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #95
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
I just wanna know how many 5th Gen Camaros are showing up so I can bring my camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #96
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

So lets recap before more questions are asked

1) this is not a club its just a meet and greet with other camaro 5 members just to have
fun and cruise

2) you don't need to own a camaro to go, this is for fun to meet other people who love
the car. so yes you can show up in a nissan, toyota, dodge, even a mini cooper.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #97
lakers171
SoCal MAYHEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
I just wanna know how many 5th Gen Camaros are showing up so I can bring my camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can expect my car this week so you will at least see mine there if i get it.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #98
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Sounds good
Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #99
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
Ok guys I checked with my dad about meeting here on June 20th at 8 am he said it was fine I just need to get a rough headcount of the people who can make it for sure so i can make sure i can get cars moved around so we have space for everyone
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #100
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
I'm coming.