Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #126
69copo
Sorry officer
 
69copo's Avatar
 
Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cleveland OH
Posts: 115
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I haven't read all of the pages yet so I may be repaeting some things. I would love to see the halo light's on the production model. I don't have dislike the the ones in the pic but I have loved the halos ever since the prototype. I would love to see the side vents and ram air cut out as well. I'm thinking that this might be a V6 and this might be the way to show a difference in the models. I could be wrong I'm just thinking and typing at the same time. The thing that I like most now is the mirrors. On the prototype I was concerned about visibility but they seemed to correct this in what I hope will be the production version. The badging has me concerned, I would like to have the option numbers on the side..Z/28,RS,SS ect. I hate the little GM badge that they stick on the lower fender. I have it on my CTS and I think it looks tacky. We (and the world) know who makes the camaro so I don't think it is needed and will cheapen the overall image of the car, but I'm begining to ramble...........
__________________
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #127
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,983
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
Desktop background :
Thats the first thing that I did when I saw it
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #128
WillInThe04Ranger
 
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 684
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I haven't read all of the pages yet so I may be repaeting some things. I would love to see the halo light's on the production model. I don't have dislike the the ones in the pic but I have loved the halos ever since the prototype. I would love to see the side vents and ram air cut out as well. I'm thinking that this might be a V6 and this might be the way to show a difference in the models. I could be wrong I'm just thinking and typing at the same time. The thing that I like most now is the mirrors. On the prototype I was concerned about visibility but they seemed to correct this in what I hope will be the production version. The badging has me concerned, I would like to have the option numbers on the side..Z/28,RS,SS ect. I hate the little GM badge that they stick on the lower fender. I have it on my CTS and I think it looks tacky. We (and the world) know who makes the camaro so I don't think it is needed and will cheapen the overall image of the car, but I'm begining to ramble...........
EVerything is better on the concept model, everyone knows that, they'll make the stuff the concept has but it will be aftermarket I'm sure of it ..... Just sit back and wait lol
__________________
America's Manififest Destiny, Rollin On Radials
WillInThe04Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #129
WillInThe04Ranger
 
WillInThe04Ranger's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Posts: 684
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Thats the first thing that I did when I saw it
haha Well I have a lot of pics of the 5th gen saved but I never use them, but I am using this one. I think the white sets the car off
__________________
America's Manififest Destiny, Rollin On Radials
WillInThe04Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #130
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Haven't had a chance to read the entire thread yet, so I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but if the hood scoop and rear vents aren't cut through, I am simply going to have to replace those body panels if I get the Camaro.
Hate to quote myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
And I'm very sure (though I don't actually 'know') that the air scoop, and the faux rear brake vents will either be cut-out (brake vents non-functional), or they will be made to look like they're cut-out. And my "very-suredness" extends to believing they'll be cut out.
I really think that they just aren't cut out for the prototype - both are so small, that I hardly think they'd have any significant effects on aerodynamics, so why bother cutting them? It just doesn't make ANY sense to leave them not-cut for production.

The Concept Coupe breathes through the vent, so it's not like it's impossible to do. And Maximum Bob pointed it out during an interview as one of the 'important design features'. IF they aren't cut out (hardly likely), GM won't let them look that way. Because as it stands, they look worse than the Mustang's fake vents everywhere - which I didn't think was possible to do.
Let's just relish at how great this thing looks in Pre-Production form. Because it's gonna be downright sinister when this arrives on dealer lots.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #131
gurulu68
 
gurulu68's Avatar
 
Drives: 68 camaro rs
Join Date: May 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 54
I think the car looks very much likew the concept but the only thing I don't like so far that looks like it's probably going to stay are the black moldings around the windows. It makes the car look old. In my opinion I think they should scrap the moldings because it makes the car look more modern.
__________________
gurulu68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #132
zman302
DZ 302 4spd
 
zman302's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Z/28
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 131
The pics of the prototype look great, I can't belive anyone thinks this car doesn't look as good as the concept. The only problem with this car is the release date is way too far out, I know they want to get it right, but it just seems like a long time to get from concept to production and letting Dodge beat them to production with the Challenger. Come on GM, surprise us with a early release date on this great car.
zman302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #133
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman302 View Post
The only problem with this car is the release date is way too far out, I know they want to get it right, but it just seems like a long time to get from concept to production and letting Dodge beat them to production with the Challenger. Come on GM, surprise us with a early release date on this great car.
Some points to chew on. (I'm not trying to come across agressive, or anything - just spitting them out there.)

1: This is a Brand New car. Fresh sheet of paper. New style, new chassis, (probably new engine) An entire assembly plant (Oshawa) needs to be retooled to accept this new type of vehicle (Global RWD IRS; aka Zeta). And as you said, they really do want to get it right. It's gonna take a bit.

2: Compounding the above; Challenger was built off an existing chassis, that already has a plant ready to accept it. It's rather unoriginal, too. IMHO.

It will be 3 years from concept to Production (Jan '06 - ~Jan '09). According to Scott, and Bob Lutz(whom I trust very much) - that's excellent time for a brand new vehicle.


Just hang in there a few more months (I can't believe we're even counting in those units!!! )
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #134
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,983
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Just hang in there a few more months (I can't believe we're even counting in those units!!! )
We could count down in days or weeks if they would give us a release date. But from what we have heard, the new Camaro is about 41 weeks away from going into production, give or take a week.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #135
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
Balonywolf, excellent photoshop. Bowtie, headlights, and vents look just perfect.

Dragon, I hope you're right about cutting those vents out. Fake vents, even if they look real, are one of my pet peeves in car design. Yeah from a distance the fake mesh on the Mustang looks functional, but it still bugs me knowing that it isn't. So I'm sure they'll at least make them look functional, but if they are not really cut out I'll have to either cut them out or buy aftermarket panels myself, which really really annoys me. I was hoping to do no external mods involving body panels.

I'll state again, I don't mind the headlights as they are now, so I can only imagine how nice the production lights will look. No worries there.

And I'm still undecided whether I want a black or billet grill. I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in Ink Slate if it is offered. Before we had the thread about the billet grill I would never want anything other than a black grill on a car, but now I'm about evenly split. Hmmm...
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #136
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
And I'm still undecided whether I want a black or billet grill. I'm pretty sure I'll get mine in Ink Slate if it is offered. Before we had the thread about the billet grill I would never want anything other than a black grill on a car, but now I'm about evenly split. Hmmm...

Speaking of which...I spent an even 30 min. trying to billet the grille on the Prototype...I can't get it. There's just not enough contrast in the grille to work with. I got something...but I don't want my name associated with it.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:41 PM   #137
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
No worries. I was wondering what happened to it, but my imagination can do a decent job. It looks great in my head.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #138
smike07
 
smike07's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
We could count down in days or weeks if they would give us a release date. But from what we have heard, the new Camaro is about 41 weeks away from going into production, give or take a week.
They have no official release date because they prefer to cover their own @ss. If you tell the public something, and something gets screwed up along the way for GM, they'd rather not be haunted by all the hate mail and angry customers who were relying on an exact date. Dragon's right. By the way, I'll take her in black. Anything I don't like I can fix later. She looks BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!! :party0038:
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:29 AM   #139
maro&bird
 
maro&bird's Avatar
 
Drives: ls3 ss
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: fresno
Posts: 21
that's just gorgeous i like those headlights
maro&bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:37 AM   #140
stovt001


 
stovt001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,817
So can we get an ink slate photoshop sometime? I had the ink slate photoshop of the rear view as my desktop, and I'd like to replace it with this one. Thanks!
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:07 AM   #141
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
then through the gears with some spin in each gear all that way up to 100mph or so..er I mean up to 65mph (that correction is for you TAG, sorry I got excited).
Shoot...if you're only hitting 100, the only "lights" you'll be seeing from me is my tail lamps as I keep pulling away from you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Kenz made a comment to the front brake vents. I do hope they're there...but I can't see anything down there, do any of you? I can see if they axed that little feature (not a big deal, the car's so low, you'd hardly ever see them).

And I'm very sure (though I don't actually 'know') that the air scoop, and the faux rear brake vents will either be cut-out (brake vents non-functional), or they will be made to look like they're cut-out. And my "very-suredness" extends to believing they'll be cut out.
I am EXTREMELY happy someone brought up the fact that the front vent wasn't cut out. That makes me feel a lot better about the rear vents being cut out as well. Oh, do I hope all three spots are cut out. If not, I just might have to do some body work.

And jeez...10 pages I just read through....ON THIS THREAD ALONE!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #142
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD
 
KILLER74Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 5,669
I friggen can't stop smiling… I feel like I'm a real life smilie… My cheeks hurt…
__________________

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #143
camero

 
Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: S.Detroit, Ontario
Posts: 775
Why would you want the side vents cut out? The '69 never had them cut out. To cut them out the fender would have to go through another process which would drive up the cost. Then there'd be a raw metal edge around three holes which would have to be filled with three plastic moldings. They'd seem loose without three rubber grommets. Then they'd still seem fake unless you put a ducting to the rear brakes which don't actually need cooling anyway since the front brakes do all the work. Your up to 14 additional parts at least plus the cost of all their attachments and the cutout itself and for what? Exaggeratedly cartoonish non-functional gills that look nothing like the original, or do it the way we did it for free and make it a perfect homage to the classic. Anyone else want to 'pray' for cut out gills and threaten to buy a Mustang if we don't??? They're not going to be cut out.

camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:39 AM   #144
Warghost
 
Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Port St Lucie, FL.
Posts: 168
Personally, the side vents mean little to me. I like them the way they are. However, I actually prefer the new "production" grill better than the concept's. The squares are now smaller, which looks nicer to me. I'm also liking the smaller headlights. This car is beautiful!
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #145
NVMY68SS
Drives #296
 
NVMY68SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Smithfield, NC
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Why would you want the side vents cut out? The '69 never had them cut out. To cut them out the fender would have to go through another process which would drive up the cost. Then there'd be a raw metal edge around three holes which would have to be filled with three plastic moldings. They'd seem loose without three rubber grommets. Then they'd still seem fake unless you put a ducting to the rear brakes which don't actually need cooling anyway since the front brakes do all the work. Your up to 14 additional parts at least plus the cost of all their attachments and the cutout itself and for what? Exaggeratedly cartoonish non-functional gills that look nothing like the original, or do it the way we did it for free and make it a perfect homage to the classic. Anyone else want to 'pray' for cut out gills and threaten to buy a Mustang if we don't??? They're not going to be cut out.
Absolutely, totally agree.........the COPO and base cars were left with the quarter lines like in the picture above and the Zs got the chrome moulding.... I know they were cut out in the concept, but they don't do anything and it would also become another difficult area to keep clean. (Mine will never see rain though) But for all of you daily drivers, you might not like how that area would look........keeping them as is is the only answer........thanks for your posts CAMERO..........nice having another "in the know" poster.
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #146
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,274
oh my god this car looks amazing. great job!!!
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #147
cc-rider
 
Drives: Jeep GC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 11
This has to be the RS version with the flipping headlights, no?
I love the headlights they put in. Looks bad ass with them closed as well.

Boy I hope pricing stays relatively reasonable with these....it is the last thing that will keep me from getting one. Oh yeah....a 295HP V8 would also tweak me.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #148
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Some points to chew on. (I'm not trying to come across agressive, or anything - just spitting them out there.)

1: This is a Brand New car. Fresh sheet of paper. New style, new chassis, (probably new engine) An entire assembly plant (Oshawa) needs to be retooled to accept this new type of vehicle (Global RWD IRS; aka Zeta). And as you said, they really do want to get it right. It's gonna take a bit.

2: Compounding the above; Challenger was built off an existing chassis, that already has a plant ready to accept it. It's rather unoriginal, too. IMHO.

It will be 3 years from concept to Production (Jan '06 - ~Jan '09). According to Scott, and Bob Lutz(whom I trust very much) - that's excellent time for a brand new vehicle.


Just hang in there a few more months (I can't believe we're even counting in those units!!! )

You are wise beyond your years.

(by the way -- for what it's worth -- Camaro got approval to move forward in August of 06-- with major work beginning in September of 06--- that's just about 25 months -- the original Camaro took longer.......
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #149
SilverTurtle
Reality Check Specialist
 
SilverTurtle's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Z28, 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,723
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurtle Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Why would you want the side vents cut out? The '69 never had them cut out. To cut them out the fender would have to go through another process which would drive up the cost. Then there'd be a raw metal edge around three holes which would have to be filled with three plastic moldings. They'd seem loose without three rubber grommets. Then they'd still seem fake unless you put a ducting to the rear brakes which don't actually need cooling anyway since the front brakes do all the work. Your up to 14 additional parts at least plus the cost of all their attachments and the cutout itself and for what? Exaggeratedly cartoonish non-functional gills that look nothing like the original, or do it the way we did it for free and make it a perfect homage to the classic. Anyone else want to 'pray' for cut out gills and threaten to buy a Mustang if we don't??? They're not going to be cut out.

I'm glad someone finally said it... because I knew as soon as I saw that that the side slits were not going to be there... and, honestly, I never noticed that they were cut out on the concept because I've always seen them as styling cues taken from the '69 Camaro... where they were never functional... and if you really think about it, if you had these vents cut out, what do you think would happen during certain types of wind resistance? you'd get a whistle sound that would result from the air being cut by those vents... and who wants to have a car that whistles while driving at 50mph? I can only imagine the number of service visits that that noise would result in.

there will be aftermarket companies that will do this mod, though... much like being able to add Z06 brake ducts and side vents to a C5, I'm quite sure that there will be an aftermarket solution for those that want it.
__________________
got tequila?
SilverTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #150
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast
 
acscamarochick06's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Why would you want the side vents cut out? The '69 never had them cut out. To cut them out the fender would have to go through another process which would drive up the cost. Then there'd be a raw metal edge around three holes which would have to be filled with three plastic moldings. They'd seem loose without three rubber grommets. Then they'd still seem fake unless you put a ducting to the rear brakes which don't actually need cooling anyway since the front brakes do all the work. Your up to 14 additional parts at least plus the cost of all their attachments and the cutout itself and for what? Exaggeratedly cartoonish non-functional gills that look nothing like the original, or do it the way we did it for free and make it a perfect homage to the classic. Anyone else want to 'pray' for cut out gills and threaten to buy a Mustang if we don't??? They're not going to be cut out.


I agree... if the vents weren't cut out on the '69, and that is what the concept/prototype is designed after, why do we want them cut out now? I'm only concerned about that front vent, but we already are about 99.9% positive THAT will be cut out.

And I will NEVER be seen in a Mustang!
__________________
acscamarochick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro Product Manager - interview Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-04-2012 06:10 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
Camaro (concept) Press Release!! Pencil.Fight 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 07-21-2008 03:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.