Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM   #201
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Uhhh,

Do you guys notice that the closer we get to the eminent release of this car, that there are more fans joining this website who are as excited as the more seasoned members once were? Sorry, STILL are?!
I thinik that is what is getting me psyched!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #202
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
Uhhh,

Do you guys notice that the closer we get to the eminent release of this car, that there are more fans joining this website who are as excited as the more seasoned members once were? Sorry, STILL are?!
I thinik that is what is getting me psyched!
Hence my hypothesis that this car will be a smash hit. It will reach far beyond the typical Camaro fans, and appeal to people who might otherwise look at other sporty coupes on the market - not necessarily those made by American companies, either.

If this car is as good as I think it will be, it will be a shining moment for GM.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #203
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 1999 GMC Envoy
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
New guys (like me) love this thing too, so when the camaro comes closer and closer and closer to its realese, we come out of lurking and get into these threads, and with more and more pictures coming out, it get me (and other new guys) psyched out of our minds!!!

Now, about the headlights, true they more than likely (about 99% sure of it) wont make it to production, but imo those things look pretty sweet for "horrible" headlights, as Scott said they would be on the pre-productions. If they dont make it to production (they won't) i might get some made or buy them aftermarket (if i can get my hands on a new camaro, that is.)
Camaro Lives On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #204
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I am holding out hope the halos make final production. That may be a slim chance, but it's one of the aspects of the concept that just make the car. Evil, sinister, mischeivious looking. Just how a Camaro should look barreling down in the rear view mirror of some poor unsuspecting sap driving 50 in the fast lane
Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #205
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I noticed we have a lot of new members around here too ever since this stuff has come out. Looks like GM's move paid off. Now we just have to catch a lot of people up to what the difference between prototype and production is.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #206
JamesJ
Garnet Red and Black plz

Drives: 69 Camaro,94 Silverado,98 Jeep
Send a message via AIM to JamesJ
who knows what gm is doing to try and conceal the final look of the car, well just have to sit back and watch
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #207
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I noticed we have a lot of new members around here too ever since this stuff has come out. Looks like GM's move paid off. Now we just have to catch a lot of people up to what the difference between prototype and production is.
I think we should make a point of doing that. NOT RUDELY, though...I don't think we should have ANY intentions of pissing off/scaring people away who don't quite get it, yet. If we can educate people, enlighten them as to what is and isn't - they'll talk, and they'll tell friends and family, who'll tell more friends and family.

Just started thinking as I'm typing (and the adrenaline is starting to flow), every last person in my family, and everyone in my circle of friends knows excactly what the Camaro is...and that I plan to get it. I've had more than a few people look at pictures sideways with a "I'd kinda like one of those" look on their faces. Co-workers see the pictures, and the desktops on my computer. And I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone. Lots of people everywhere know what this car is. But what they don't know, is that it IS in fact coming. GM IS going to build it. And it WILL be priced well. My own Uncle saw my Bumblebee transformer toy, and asked "this is the one you want to get?". Conversation ensued, and he asked "So, what...they're probably gonna be expensive as hell, right? and expensive to fuel I'm sure. 37,000 to get into a V8, and 22mpg to deal with it?"

I said "no, less than 30k to get into a V8, and 30+mpg to have fun with."
The look on his face was priceless....

Anyways point being - we should all have a 'mini-mission' to let people know about this car. Transformers did a hell of a job, now lets add to that.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #208
KoolAID

Drives: 2008 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I said "no, less than 30k to get into a V8, and 30+mpg to have fun with."
The look on his face was priceless....:
Mileage would be nice. Torque would be nicer. Are they gonna put a 572 into any of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Anyways point being - we should all have a 'mini-mission' to let people know about this car. Transformers did a hell of a job, now lets add to that.
KoolAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #209
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAID View Post
Mileage would be nice. Torque would be nicer. Are they gonna put a 572 into any of them?
Yeah..., right!

SO...found some pics of bumblebee @ NAIAS on the net, and he's wearing some new wheels, and got his eyes fixed. He can see soooo much better, now.
Anybody else think that, besides making him look further like the concept, this may be a wink that those are the lights the production car will be getting? I thought this was relavant to the thread, b/c it's the front of the car?
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #210
JamesJ
Garnet Red and Black plz

Drives: 69 Camaro,94 Silverado,98 Jeep
Send a message via AIM to JamesJ
yea, i dont think it will stray far from what the masses have seen in the movie
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #211
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
BB looks SO much better without the movie headlights. Just need official word about the production headlights and I'll be super happy. All signs point to halos but I want it to be official. =)
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #212
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Now THAT my friends is a sexy car!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #213
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Looks so much better!!! Big difference w/ those wheels and lights. It ACTUALLY looks like it should be sitting beside the silver and vert concepts now! Sorry for those who are thinking, "huh???" But, w/ those wheels and headlights that BB had, it just didn't have that concept appeal to me. Yes, I still got goosebumps when I saw it, but not like the coupe or the vert I saw.

Geez...I got to see all 3! Very coooool.....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #214
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Ok, got to go clean up now...

From drool people, drool… Get your minds out of the gutter…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:55 AM   #215
byebyeImports

Drives: Crotch Rocket (GSXR)
closer and closer to arrival! looks and feels good
byebyeImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:49 AM   #216
vontivonti

Drives: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 CJ
I am wondering why GM is making a new Headlight design if this is not planned to be the final thing? I meen if you change something, then you make it with a reason.

Can anyone explane me that?
vontivonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #217
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
they grabed them from a parts bin, they were already made they just shoved 'em in there so they could drive at night. they are not new

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #218
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
they grabed them from a parts bin, they were already made they just shoved 'em in there so they could drive at night. they are not new
The Production lamps are not ready, yet. If I remember right...something about Autozone was brought up........
Old 01-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #219
vontivonti

Drives: 1969 Ford Mustang 428 CJ
No no... I want that Camaro... since I saw it the first Time. I saw it live at the Geneva Auto Show. Fantastic!
vontivonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #220
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by vontivonti View Post
I am wondering why GM is making a new Headlight design if this is not planned to be the final thing? I meen if you change something, then you make it with a reason.

I had heard that these were the same lights GM used on earlier mules, such as the impala and the malibu. I would imagine they just have some universal parts on hand so they can begin testing before all the materials are 100% ready.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #221
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
I have been reading all the comments about the fake vents, well has anyone thought that we are only looking at one car? and we don't even know if it is a base car ot the full blown high performance model. I would put my money on the base model, it is possible the front vent will be non-functional on those and be a ram air intake on the high performance ones...
the side vents don't bother me, I think it pays tribute to the 69.
one other thing, the first gen models 67-69 only had one functional hood. that was the cowl induction hood. all the others were either plain hoods, or had fake vents. so this is nothing new, just for styling... which to me just highlights the design of the car without costing alot of money to implement..

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #222
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by vontivonti View Post

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #223
Camarogasm

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Newbie here....I have been on the sidelines, just readin' everyones thoughts. I've always loved the 1st-4th gen. cars.....never owned one tho'. I was more a GTO guy, having owned a 71' and a 65' respectfully. I am super-psyched at what the future will bring, but 2 looong years is enough to drive me insane. My goal is a 2010 'vert in either black/silver stripes or hugger/black....
Camarogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #224
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Welcome gasm. And welcome to the vert club. =P
Old 01-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #225
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarogasm View Post
Newbie here....I have been on the sidelines, just readin' everyones thoughts. I've always loved the 1st-4th gen. cars.....never owned one tho'. I was more a GTO guy, having owned a 71' and a 65' respectfully. I am super-psyched at what the future will bring, but 2 looong years is enough to drive me insane. My goal is a 2010 'vert in either black/silver stripes or hugger/black....
Ayee welcome to the board!! **Insert waving smiley here**