Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Teleplayer
 
Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 268
Why not the 2010 Mustang?

I hope we can have a real discussion about this....
But seriously, after taking a look at the 2010 Mustang, I'm wondering if I am missing something. (yes yes, it's my mind, I've lost it !!!)
Just to get it out of the way, I'll list the things that are very apparent:

1) No brembos on the GT
2) No IRS
3) Less Power
4) Doesn't have the cool new look of Camaro
5) No sunroof option
6) 6 speed vs 5 speed
7) No 304 HP V6
__________________

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Teleplayer is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
SQUALO


 
SQUALO's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevrolets
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: York Region, ONT.
Posts: 3,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
I hope we can have a real discussion about this....
But seriously, after taking a look at the 2010 Mustang, I'm wondering if I am missing something. (yes yes, it's my mind, I've lost it !!!)
Just to get it out of the way, I'll list the things that are very apparent:

1) No brembos on the GT
2) No IRS
3) Less Power
4) Doesn't have the cool new look of Camaro
5) No sunroof option
6) 6 speed vs 5 speed
7) No 304 HP V6
To each is own. I like the looks of the Mustang, but when you put it up to the Camaro...outside of looks, it pales in comparison with the horsepower you get for the money. I'm not saying the Camaro doesn't look good, just that both cars' appearances are appealing.
__________________
Frank
(Drive Safely & Responsibly)

_______________________________
2017 LT/RS Hyper Blue w/white rally stripes.
SQUALO is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
m0ore4ustin391
 
m0ore4ustin391's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 175
They didn't really change anything about the Mustang except add a few curves here and there. The camaro is an overall superior car compared to the Mustang GT. It actually doesn't even compare, most people are already comparing the new Camaro to the new 2010 Shelby GT500.

2005-2009


2010


m0ore4ustin391 is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
big mike
 
big mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 White SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 72
personally, i cant stand the new mustang. they really didn't change it. plus like you mentioned, the power and the looks arent there.
__________________
2011 1SS/RS A6 Summit White
TSP VVT-2 Cam, TSP 1 7/8 LT Headers, SW Retro ZL1 Catback, Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, ZL1 Rims, ZL1 Front Bumper, 1" Drop, few other goodies
Built & Tuned by ECS
big mike is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Teleplayer
 
Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391 View Post
They didn't really change anything about the Mustang except add a few curves here and there. The camaro is an overall superior car compared to the Mustang GT. It actually doesn't even compare, most people are already comparing the new Camaro to the new 2010 Shelby GT500.

Why is it important that they change something? It is what it is. I don't think you have anything to back up your claim of a superior car.
Teleplayer is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Teleplayer
 
Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mike View Post
personally, i cant stand the new mustang. they really didn't change it. plus like you mentioned, the power and the looks arent there.
The new Mustang looks a lot better in person than those photos.

As far as power, well honestly I'm not usually trying to do a 12 second quarter mile when I drive to work. If I'm quicker than 80% of the other cars, I'm happy.
Teleplayer is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
CatiaJockey


 
CatiaJockey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ocean Springs, Ms
Posts: 2,803
How about simply because its NOT a Camaro. Yes I'm a fan boy, but my mother still loves me.
__________________
CatiaJockey is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
m0ore4ustin391
 
m0ore4ustin391's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
Why is it important that they change something? It is what it is. I don't think you have anything to back up your claim of a superior car.
Well i can tell your a Ford "Enthusiast" but for starters the price to performance ratio pretty much screams "Superior" but if that's not enough just take a look at all the track records and specs... oh and the 7 reasons you listed above should do it.

And if the 7 reasons you listed arnt enough, this obviously isn't the place for you... hope you like the looks of the ass end on the Camaro because that's all you will be seeing if you go with the mustang.
m0ore4ustin391 is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
Teleplayer
 
Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
How about simply because its NOT a Camaro. Yes I'm a fan boy, but my mother still loves me.
It's not a Sonoma either
Attached Images
 
__________________

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Teleplayer is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
Teleplayer
 
Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ore4ustin391 View Post
Well i can tell your a Ford "Enthusiast" who has not taken the interest in doing some research on these to cars but for starters the price to performance ratio pretty much screams "Superior" but if that's not enough just take a look at all the track records and specs.
Nope, not a Ford enthusiast at all. I love GM cars. But is the HP number the only thing you care about?

I've done tons of research, believe me.

My SSEI has 205 HP but it will beat most cars on the road in a short sprint from a traffic light.
Teleplayer is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
comiskeybum
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Posts: 799
just remember that those numbers are changing and that mustang's power has been down because only until recenly there was no competition
comiskeybum is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #12
m0ore4ustin391
 
m0ore4ustin391's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW, Tx
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplayer View Post
Nope, not a Ford enthusiast at all. I love GM cars. But is the HP number the only thing you care about?

I've done tons of research, believe me.

My SSEI has 205 HP but it will beat most cars on the road in a short sprint from a traffic light.
Edited my post, have a look...

And by most cars do you mean your civics, SUV's, ect...?
m0ore4ustin391 is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
DeathChill

 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mission, BC
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
just remember that those numbers are changing and that mustang's power has been down because only until recenly there was no competition
No point in making excuses. Why shouldn't the Mustang have continued improving when there was no competition?

I'm not saying the Mustang isn't awesome, but I am not interested in hearing excuses on why it's the way it is and how it will change in the future. We are talking about here and now.
DeathChill is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #14
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
just remember that those numbers are changing and that mustang's power has been down because only until recenly there was no competition
1320junkie is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VIDEO: 2010 Camaro vs. 68 Camaro / Mustang GT 500 / '72 Chevelle drag races Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 82 08-06-2009 02:47 PM
2010 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS Fireball Chevy Camaro vs... 257 05-18-2009 11:04 AM
2010 Stang vs Camaro (seems unbiased) MerF 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 17 02-09-2009 10:11 AM
Mustang Fanatics SCARED and dissapointed with 2010 stang! Must read! 91t/a General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 273 01-02-2009 11:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.