Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Talking Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Response Controllers are IN STOCK @ Apex!!! $179.99

Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Response Controller (Throttle Controller): $179.99

Are you tired of that seemingly long delay between the time your foot smashes the pedal and the engine responding with that growl? Well now you can have control over that response time with the Vitesse Motorsports throttle Controller.

Explanation of Throttle Response

Throttle response is how fast it takes from the time you mash the accelerator pedal to the time the engine RPM rises and how fast it rises. Throttle response is all about the time delay in the control system which alters the air pressure in the inlet manifold. It's only the time delay between moving the driver's right foot and changing the amount of air available at the inlets.

A more responsive 400hp engine will outrun (other than top speed) a less responsive yet more powerful 450hp engine on the track assuming driver skills and vehicle suspension tire adhesion etcetera being equal in the same car every time.

When you open the throttle it responds by sucking in more air and adding more fuel. The power increase is caused because your RPM's rise. The faster your RPM's rise the faster your car can reach max power.

Cold air intakes / ported throttle bodies / ported inatkes .... will all give some addittional maximum power but a Throttle Controller's biggest benefit is allowing the engine RPM to rise faster which translates to reaching maximum power sooner which means the car will be accelerating faster.

How the Throttle Controller will affect your driving:

Daily Driving or at the Race Track

Our Camaros are equipped with a drive-by-wire system and the throttle response is affected badly by this and as most of us feel a noticeable delay when quickly changing the position of the gas pedal. ( You will understand and feel this delay after you install your new Controller ). The Throttle response delay / Lag is an intentional design on the "Drive by Wire system and the reasons are:
  • Decreasing emissions
  • Not allowing the engine components to do anything harsh
  • Safety and drivability
  • Comfort
  • Fuel economy
Driving Pleasure:

Throttle response plays a major role in driving pleasure, as this gives the driver more control over the vehicle's acceleration or deceleration. If you have a very precise throttle response, it will not only make your driving maneuvers a lot more predictable but makes you feel more comfortable pushing the car's limits on corners.

On a race track, while entering a corner, the requested power output is reduced since the vehicle is coasting or braking. After passing the corner, the driver will suddenly request more power to accelerate back to normal speeds. Fast throttle response allows a vehicle to regain its speed quickly after cornering. Drifting requires very precise and instant throttle response on a rear-wheel drive car, one wants to increase torque on the rear wheels at a precise moment in a corner to make it turn the car more in the direction of the road ahead past the corner, and make it stop at a precise moment or the car will spin out of control. No matter what the maximum engine power is, if the throttle response is slow, you will not be able to have control or do this maneuver.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
SSteven

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS - L99
Just ordered one from Victoria and they are in stock.
2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
BillGalina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tint
i guess i should have waited a day ordered mine yesterday from
Vitesse Motorsports and got emil last night out of stock

Mods: V Max Ported TB. Strut Tower Brace ,Granatelli Red Ignition Wires, CAI ,Catch Can,Stainless Power Headers,JRE Tune

/
BillGalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
SSteven

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS - L99
I ordered mine from Vitesse directly on the 11th and found out today that the cable they need is currently out of stock (probably will be in stock in a few days). I called up Victoria @ Apex and verified they do have them in stock. Put in an order with her and cancelled the original order with Vitesse.
2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint

Last edited by SSteven; 10-15-2014 at 11:52 AM.
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your order SSteve.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
1badtie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
how will this affect my car if i just got it tuned? would i still get a benefit

MODS-

Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb

Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

It will not impact your tune and you will still benefit from it.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #8
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
Just ordered mine! Cant wait to get it!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your order.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #10
trans665

Drives: 2010 2ss
just ordered......I hope im impressed .
Old 01-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #11
CamaroRBT
Who's Laughing Now?

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS RS LS3 Summit White
So what exactly is it? Unless i missed something. What exactly are we purchasing and where does it go? Is it a voltage boost? Is it some kind of ecu programming? All that being said I am interested.
Vararam CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Stainless Power LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Flowmaster AT Catback, Diablosport Predator, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JRE Custom Tune, 3.91 gears, BMR 1" Drop Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, Michelin PSS 255/285, SLP Splitter, JL audio system, JL W3 12" Sub, Oracle Fog Lights.
JL Audio Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269949
CamaroRBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:02 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Here is the unit itself. It plugs into your drive-by-wire system and eliminates the lag that the factory set up allows.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #13
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
So I am in the 2013 LFX 3.6L V6.
What kind of performance increase am I going to see in the butt dyno from this?
Would greatly appreciate a review from someone that's done this to their v6!
I have already done a VMAX spiral ported throttle body, and a CAI cold air intake, which I am very happy with. Can I expect to see an increase in felt performance like I did with those two additions?
2013 2LT/RS V6 Manual 6-Speed w/ Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Drake Bowtie Delete, SJM Autoprod Dash ABL kit, Side Marker Tint, Reverse Light Tint, Window Tint

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #14
cpomike13@yahoo.com

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
Question : I have a ATM "range" devise, will I have to remove and keep it out if I hook up the throttle controller?

CPO Mike13
Ashen Grey 2013 SS in SoCal.
cpomike13@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #15
cpomike13@yahoo.com

I found out that it doesn't interfere with OBD port, I bought one last night

CPO Mike13
Old 03-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your order.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:22 PM   #17
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 1SS RS
What wires are being cut or bridged? I guessing blue is ACC power and yellow is 12v?
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #18
cpomike13@yahoo.com

The wires I didn't use, are for launch control. I'm very happy with it. I'm using ec1 to drive around, but I like playing with the sp side. I made a video of the install. I didn't see any on you-tube, so I decided to make one. I have a little to edit, soon I'll post it, and I'll put a link up.

CPO Mike13
Old 03-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #19
CrazyRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomike13@yahoo.com View Post
The wires I didn't use, are for launch control. I'm very happy with it. I'm using ec1 to drive around, but I like playing with the sp side. I made a video of the install. I didn't see any on you-tube, so I decided to make one. I have a little to edit, soon I'll post it, and I'll put a link up.

CPO Mike13
Cool! Thanks for the quick reply.

I just picked up my 14 SS two days ago and was amazed at how slow the throttle response is. As I was lurking through this forum waiting for my car to arrive I was real skeptical about this product but after some seat time in this car I can certainly understand why this is needed. Will this product reduce the slow rev time as well? For example I'm sitting at the light and rev my engine with the clutch in and the RPM's raise and lower extremely slow, will this change that?
Old 03-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #20
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yes it will. I noticed it after I installed mine that it revved much faster.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, BC Racing Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushings,Forgestar F14's 20x9/11,Nitto Motivos, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller, Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe.

bkscott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #21
CrazyRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Yes it will. I noticed it after I installed mine that it revved much faster.
Thanks, guess I'm sold
Old 03-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #22
cpomike13@yahoo.com

You won't disappointed

CPO Mike13
Old 04-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #23
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 LT2 RS
Just ordered mine on-line from Apex. Any delays in shipping? How long can I expect before delivery. Very excited about getting this installed. Heard only good things about it. CAI intake is next. Thank You!
BkinBlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:00 PM   #24
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
are these in stock at the moment?
GetYouOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #25
mj446699

Drives: 2015 2SS Ashen Gray Metallic
I was told they are not in stock and are looking at a week delay currently. I ordered mine Saturday and just heard this afternoon they are expecting another week. Vitesse site shows they are out of stock confirming...
mj446699 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex motorsports, throttle controller, vitesse