Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

ZL1 Wheels/Tires Wheels and tires discussion for ZL1

Old 11-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #76
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

Drives: 13 ZL1, 14 Z/28, Cessna 182T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailn it View Post
I have the same issue with my black rims, obviously some kind of paint method issue. Looks like yours have the same issue. Where yours appear stained mine show bare metal. My guess is that those spots are where they missed the clear coat. I haven't done anything about it. Can't see it from a distance but if you get up close you can easily see it. All of my rims have it. Some worse than others.
I have the same issue, but it is not a big deal to me. I will just drive the car, driving one time gets break dust on most wheels so I am not worried about it.
It is not worth my time trying to take the car in and mess with other people work on the car. The car is not that much of a exotic car, it was built on a assembly line.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #77
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
The brake dust is out of control!! I have to clean the wheels after every drive to and from work, about 10 miles. The wheels start to look black, very dark and the dust is very hard to clean off! Do I need to go to ceramic pads to prevent all this dust? I also have several areas that look very thin with the polish on the wheels!
So why do owners worry about the little paint missing in a hard to see place? If brake dust is always over them.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #78
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1580 View Post
Brandon, what do you think of that?
I just got my car a few days ago and paint is thin around the lugs, but it hard to see.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #79
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Well I had 3 of my wheels replaced by the dealer because of this problem. My service manager called me when they came in. When I got there and looked at them,they were better, but still not 100% perfect. There were still little places around the lug nut holes. Not near as many or as bad. I just said, "screw it",put em on!! This car is not going to be perfect nor is it going to stay perfect. If you drive it, sh1t happens!! My local dealer has 5 ZL1s right now. Two of them have the silver wheels and both of them have these same little places around the lug nut holes. Just thin paint from the wheel factory,Plain and Simple. So if some of you want to keep fighting the good fight until your cars are 100% perfect....I salute you!!!! But for me,mine is close enuff!!! Im going to enjoy it instead of spending all my time at the dealer.
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #80
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
Well I had 3 of my wheels replaced by the dealer because of this problem. My service manager called me when they came in. When I got there and looked at them,they were better, but still not 100% perfect. There were still little places around the lug nut holes. Not near as many or as bad. I just said, "screw it",put em on!! This car is not going to be perfect nor is it going to stay perfect. If you drive it, sh1t happens!! My local dealer has 5 ZL1s right now. Two of them have the silver wheels and both of them have these same little places around the lug nut holes. Just thin paint from the wheel factory,Plain and Simple. So if some of you want to keep fighting the good fight until your cars are 100% perfect....I salute you!!!! But for me,mine is close enuff!!! Im going to enjoy it instead of spending all my time at the dealer.
I understand owners wanting thing perfect, but it is not that big of a deal if the blemish is on the wells for the lug nuts.
I rather drive and work on my car myself. If given new wheels, then the tires have to be taken on and off, that is just more chances of some other thing to go wrong.